Heads-up on cheap Godzilla toys.

Posted by Roger 
Something popped up on eBay that I thought folks might be interested in:

[www.ebay.com]

I don't know the seller personally, but he is based in NJ and apparently acquired a large lot of Godzilla figures (without their Tricephalon counterparts) from the 1970s HG Toys playset. Apparently the storage container got dirty over the years and the Godzillas are coated in some sort of oily material, which is why he's letting these go so cheaply.

For $10 shipped I couldn't pass it up, and with a little bit of dish soap and elbow grease it's in new condition.

Anyway, if you don't have one of these already, you should.

UPDATE - I got the backstory from Bob Eggleton, who met the seller at the last Chiller Theatre show: "Apparently the story is the pieces were going to be released to 5 and 10 cent stores because the game was a failure so they took the actual monster pieces to sell like cheap dinosaurs in those dump bins you'd see. But Toho would not give them the deal. So they stayed in storage forever. And someone got them in an abandoned storage unit auction."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2014 08:50PM by Roger.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I picked one of these up from the seller a while back...and it was definitely covered in some weird muck! Took quite a bit of scrubbing with a toothbrush and hot, soapy water, but it's looking stellar now...and I'm quite pleased with the figure. I never had the game/playset, so I assumed it would be pretty small. The figure's actually surprisingly big and hefty...it's, like, 4" and mostly-solid polyethylene!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer