Jumbo Machinder Display in Philadelphia

Posted by ChemicalEggs 
Hey guys, thought you might find this interesting:

[www.philly.com]

This is a short interview with the owner of The Hub (where I work), but the interesting part is the picture they chose: him in front of the Jumbo display I have there. We opened this location in May and there were these great display cabinets waiting for something...my boss knew I had a Japanese robot collection so he asked if I wanted to put some in there. They are a big hit, we get a lot of great comments on them. Check it out!
Sanjeev (Admin)
That is one SHARP display!

Nice!
cae
WHY AREN'T THEY TALKING ABOUT THE TOYS?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
MattAlt (Admin)
Love the "clean look!" Can you post more photos?
mcfitch (Admin)
That is a damn fine display and it must be great to see it everyday at work.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Super sick business you work for and even sicker display!! Love how the bases/shelves almost "float". Major props for getting vintage as a prime centerpiece in your work environment. I'm sure many of us wish we could get something even a tenth of that size display going.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
Here are a few more pics...
Attachments:
open | download - P1000447.JPG (382.6 KB)
open | download - P1000448.JPG (371.5 KB)
Also, another toy display I saw as I walked around Old City (309 Cherry Street, if you're in the area).
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0313.JPG (226.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_0302.JPG (222.2 KB)
open | download - IMG_0303.JPG (213.6 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Great pics! Thanks for posting 'em!
That's cool that your display got some press! It looks great. Any reason you have your Getters separated though? Seems unnatural to have all 3 and not put them in a row! LOL

That's weird and awesome that you just found a window with a vintage toy display in it.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
mcfitch (Admin)
It's great that you stumbled upon that window display but there's no way I'd put my stuff in direct sunlight. As it is now I don't ever open the blinds in my toyroom.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
More giant goodness in Philly. Not Jumbo Machinder, but definitely Jumbo...

[www.pafa.org]

Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy crap...I'm sure KAWS fans are going ape shit over that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer