Buggin' Out with Godzilla's Gang

Posted by cae 
cae
Yes, we have Nokogirin – we have Nokogirin today!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
Lovely shots, as always! And good on ya for choosing to display him with his head "backwards"! I feel I'd do the same if I owned him (and especially if I grew up watching Return of Ultra)...
cae
Thank you, sir! It's nice to have some "new" toys to get all jazzed over!

hassenpfeffer
Huh... this "Godzilla's Gang" toy line completely flew under my radar back in the 70's!
cae
Godzilla and other dinosaur-monster toys were so ubiquitous (and uninteresting to me) in the racks when I was growing up that I have *no* idea if I ever saw these back then. Something tells me I likely did ... and walked right past them and their Shogun Warrior counterparts at my local five and dime on the way to the Star Wars toys ...

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's funny! I generally disliked Star Wars figures (though I loved the later GI Joe figures--figure that one out)...but I was a certified dinosaur nut. But then again, if Godzilla's Gang was available when I was a kid, I might have passed 'em over in favor of more realistic dino toys (of which I had quite a few).
cae
I loved SW figures when they came out and *hated* the mini GI Joes, having been around for the 12"ers.

I loved dinos, too but they hadda be realistic-ish and have open throats for to eat other, more hapless toys, you know. Looks like I'm not alone - ran across a rubber stegosaurus at Goodwill some months back ... crammed fulla gummi fish ...

I have to admit that I'm *still* not a Goji fan: I'm hunting down the rest of the Godzilla's Gang now except for ol' what's-his-radioactive-face ... :)

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...I never liked the 12" Joes--or Mego's, for that matter--because it always felt to me that their clothing got in the way of enjoying what "really" mattered: the weapons and vehicles!

But it sounds like we were on the same wavelength regarding dino toys. One of my very favorites growing up was a GID (!) stegosaurus that was, of course, hollow and open at the mouth for gobbling up MASK dudes, Starcom guys, or any other tiny figures I could find. But incidentally, I hated getting stuff *stuck* inside him! :P

Anyway, to each their own, regarding radioactive-face!
cae
As a kid who had numerous 12" Joe dollies - the clothing was no issue and half the fun - easy to do and non-fiddly once on, allowing you to muck about with all the other gear - which *was* fiddly but totally awesome. I was more into fire fighting and camping than shooting with my Joes, but my fave Joe had a pistol and a rifle - BANG, MUTHAFATHA!

One exception re Goji - I LOVE the old Marusan version -you know, this guy:

Hope to add one to my correction, wona these days ...

hassenpfeffer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 02:19PM by cae.
That pic isn't of an original (or a reissue thereof), that's the giant-size version that came out a few years ago;

[www.flickr.com]

I'm about to sell some reissues if you're interested, Corey.
cae
But, but, but the Google search string I used specifically had "Marusan" in it and ... dammit, I'm calling my congressman. As a taxpayer i demand ...

Ah, well - wth do I know - let's just say that's the only *style* Goji I like? :D

if you're tossing one of these out, I may be interested. Sure as spleet.

hassenpfeffer
I have two of these I may be selling. They are pretty cool. My little brother Tom is a big Godzilla fan so he is just deciding if he wants to keep them around, otherwise I'll post them up. We have Godzilla and we have the orange ultraman monster with the horn (name escapes me at the moment).

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mr. Ginrai
... and we have the orange ultraman monster with the horn (name escapes me at the moment).

Haha...that doesn't narrow it down, Mike! :P

Personally, I'd love one of those Super7 giant-sized ones (the GID vinyl with the opaque green paint that's designed to look like the original Aurora kit)!

But anyway, I just always loved how "Godzilla's Gang" included so many monsters he's never met!
Sanjeev
Mr. Ginrai
... and we have the orange ultraman monster with the horn (name escapes me at the moment).

Haha...that doesn't narrow it down, Mike! :P

Personally, I'd love one of those Super7 giant-sized ones (the GID vinyl with the opaque green paint that's designed to look like the original Aurora kit)!

But anyway, I just always loved how "Godzilla's Gang" included so many monsters he's never met!

LoL, ok I set myself up for that one, but hey I said the name escaped me at the moment.

Did some digging and I have Godzilla and Muruchi. Yeah, THAT orange Ultraman guy with the horn LoL.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
cae
I *might* be interested in the Goji if the price isn't too bad - I mean, I have the rest ... (collection momentum kicking in - look out)

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
cae
collection momentum kicking in - look out

Don't do it, man!

:P
cae
probably wont ... but I already *did* track down Muruchi and Micras for the gang, so ... :D

hassenpfeffer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer