[ugh] >_< A Warning to all the Jumbo guys

Posted by Jerilock 
Hey guys, so, today I went into the toy room to check something and noticed that the belly flying disk launcher for my Jeeg had more or less exploded on me! Looks like they made the spring for the launcher super strong same as the fists and over time it just snapped off the front portion of the launcher... sooo yeah, it might be a good idea for y'all to dismantle your launcher and remove the spring. *sigh* now to try and find a glue that'll hold polyethylene together >_<
Ya know, I've had a couple Jeegs before where the launcher was broken in the exact way mine seems to have broken so I'm guessing this is a slightly common problem.
I had that problem too with the spring in my launcher, doctor said too much testosterone...now I'm on a strict estrogen regiment...never better.

There's something inherently lamentable in the fact that we keep finding new problems with toys like this twenty or thirty years later, can't wait to see what Popy blue plastic turns into when it turns forty?
Supersentai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> There's something inherently lamentable in the
> fact that we keep finding new problems with toys
> like this twenty or thirty years later, can't wait
> to see what Popy blue plastic turns into when it
> turns forty?

Dust.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Is there anybody out there with a Goggle V DX that isn't turning into plasticated fumes in-a-box?

I had my stored nicely form many years away from light, humidity, cold, heat, etchetera, etchetera, etchetera...and STILL it had the nerve to turn all crumbly in the end.
mcfitch (Admin)
My Goggle V DX is fine but it's in a deisplay case behind glass.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt &quot;I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!&quot;
I thought mine was fine too until I tried to separate the tank from the jet and snap, crackle...POP!

Mine was in storage for fifteen years, then in a case for ten...ouch!
MattAlt (Admin)
"Goggle V DX that isn't turning into plasticated fumes in-a-box? "

I just disassembled mine for like the first time in 15 years and no issues. I think it's really an environmental thing (like, how humid your section of the country is or whatever.) My stuff breaks down a lot faster in Tokyo than it does in the DC area.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer