Video of my collection

Posted by Nekrodave 
Well, I think this has been posted just about everywhere else so I'd hate for you guys to feel left out. A couple weeks back John Cimino and Keith Gleason of heroenvy.com dropped by to record an episode of their "Swass-Cast" show. They ended up deciding to just record a tour of my collection.I was under the impression we were gonna record a show specifically about monster collectibles so those notes got chucked out the window and we just shot this impromptu, one take video instead. So I'm sure there's stuff in here that is either wrong, or I failed to make completely clear, but it was fun to do and hopefully you'll like it. Part 1 of 2. Enjoy.

[youtu.be]

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
This is great Dave! Love seeing such nice displays, filling walls. Your own gallery still pics on CDX, and elsewhere have been great, but getting a live vid, with running commentary is too cool.
MattAlt (Admin)
Great video and you're a great "emcee" to your own collection! But why on earth didn't they film this in HD!? Even little point-and-shoot cameras shoot in 720 HD these days....
Anonymous User
They managed to not even record it in SD..... Otherwise awesome stuff.
Thank and I agree, I wish it were HD but hey.. it's not my camera/show. And although I may have forgotten things or made errors, I do think commenting is best. Videos where people show their collections, but don't say anything, always seemed a bit weird and impersonal to me. Part 2 will be the monster room but there's still JM villains, junior and carnival machinders too.

Awesome, Dave! Love the mix you have with all the monster stuff. I dabble in that area as well, though not to the extent of your wonderful collection. Looking forward to part two, indeed.

-dylan
Sanjeev (Admin)
Any ETA on part two?

Oh...also psyched my Daimajin made it in there! =D
Part 2 is up.

[youtu.be]

Great, loved your video.
This is awesome. I smiled the whole time I watched this. My favorite thing about this video is the sincerity and genuine joy you guys are having talking about your collection. There's no dumbing it down or having to explain why you collect these things, just great exciting talk about robot toys. And the collection is just amazing. Thanks for sharing. Good times.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Just got around to watching part two the other night. Pretty righteous. I love how John really took the time to focus on the special or extra-rare stuff. Of course, you spend hours talking about that collection and just barely scratch the surface!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer