5mmToyHacker's Microman Custom Gallery

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User

Crater Cruncher Army
[5mmtoyhacker.blogspot.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:21PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
Anonymous User

Takara Webdiver Skullrider kitbash
Discriminating Acroyears travel on crawling translucent skulls or what I made out of a trashed Takara Webdiver Gradion. [bit.ly]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:18PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
Anonymous User

Ampzilla, Love it of hate it? instead I made my own

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:17PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
Anonymous User

The Transformer's Action Masters toy-line arrived at the tail end of the original Transformers run from the 80s. I suspect they were more well known in Europe than in the States as the series ran a year longer in that market. It's fairly easy to come across an incomplete Starscream Turbo Jet. I liked the design. It reminded me of the Micronauts Photon Sled. I wanted the modifications to be simple.

The whole story here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:15PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
That Star-Photon-Sled thing looks like it was made for that figure. Fun stuff, thanks for sharing these.

My favorite builds are your Ampzilla and Biotron. They look very attention getting for a display.
Anonymous User
Thanks for the kind words John. FYI I'm gonna be at the East Coast Chogokin Summit in Watertown MA next Sat. Selling/Swapping some loose toys. If you are in the area drop by. Also I will have a table at Mechacon in New Orleans in Sept.

Fred
Anonymous User

My newest foray, mixing indie toys with vintage Micronauts, first up is Ni-Stuff's groovy Gylos head sculpts. I picked up these jewel-like Glyos compatible heads from Ni-Stuff at Comicon NY. I knew they had great modding potential.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:14PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
mcfitch (Admin)
Nice Fred. They're reminiscent of the original Micronaut alien figures.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
Whoa...those heads are really cool...and combined with the bodies...those colors...pure love!
Anonymous User

My next hacking adventure into indie toy land leads me to Monsterpants Sea-Borgs!
[bit.ly]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2012 10:13PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
Anonymous User

This is number three in a line of toyhacks I've been working on that mix indie toys with vintage grooviness.

GodBeast Micronauts customs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2012 01:10PM by 5mmtoyhacker.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer