{brog} 12 hours

Posted by josh fraser 
josh fraser (Moderator)
[toyboxdx.com]

Come laugh at my silliness.
josh fraser (Moderator)
I will be adding video in the next hour as well.
I see Touhous

did you buy some Touhous
Bros...er, I mean Robos before Touhous?

I have to admit, as a casual Touhou fan, my eyes also kept going to the flyer for the "Touhou Collection Stickers" with Marisa and Reimu and it took a moment to register the vinyl subject of the photo.

Seriously though between this and Matt Alt's video, I am sorely missing Nakano Mandarake. It's only been, sniff, almost 13 years since I've been. T_T

Edit: actually I picked up some great Microman schwag at that Shibuya one too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2011 06:02PM by microbry.
Attachments:
open | download - 803.jpg (64.3 KB)
josh fraser (Moderator)
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see Touhous
>
> did you buy some Touhous

When you posted this on Facebook, I had no idea what you meant, but as you posted here as well, I finally looked it up.

No... no Touhous for me. ;-)
you might like some of their musics

or some of the remixes

ask Microbry
This is great, I love the sardonic writing style you're using here.

Also, those two larger Curricular Machines look great together.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Thanks Josh! So many aisles !!

Were you doing sneaky-bag-strap-cam?
Yeah, with something like 15 years worth of fan remixes of the game music in almost every conceivable genre, it's difficult to NOT find at least something listenable for someone (let alone the original self-published game music itself, which is quite good shooting game-type music overall--Zun is quite the polymath!).

As I mentioned in that other thread, I know there's a few hundred gigs worth of just acoustic jazz and heavy metal mixes uploaded to YouTube alone, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Still, if I'm to be in Japan again anytime soon, a Touhou fix will most likely be farthest from my mind in Mandarake. Vintage plastic and die-cast lurve trumps it all. Priorities, man! Waves of nostalgia watching that vid. I still remember that layout, largely unchanged after all this time.
josh fraser (Moderator)
repairtechjon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Josh! So many aisles !!
>
> Were you doing sneaky-bag-strap-cam?

I had my Iphone in the front pocket of my leather jacket. Enough out to film, but subtle enough not to cause any "no photos" issues. I ran into problems at the Akihabara location and rethought my process.
Bah, who cares about TouHou's? Josh could've bought a nice vintage Nichimo RX-7 (right bottom corner of the shop window - the other RC stuff is modern or reissues).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer