[Robodachi] Z Base!

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Cruising around the web in search of pics of long-lost prototypes I stumbled across this amazing model kit by Imai.

I know, I know, models ain't toys. But man, if this had been made as a toy I suspect it'd have been considered one of the greatest designs ever:

[island.geocities.jp]

(somewhat amazingly it seems to have been reissued and is actually on Amazon.jp now...!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 10:53PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - zbase010.jpg (63.7 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
(The translucent building he's housing it, and the arm-weapons, are is from the old Great Mazinger Base model, also recently reissued.)
cae
when i first hit Y!JP I was in full Robodachi fever and every time I'd run across another one of these amazing designs, I'd click the thumbnail only to discover - curses! - just another gawdang model kit.

So many *amazing* designs ...

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Another dream project... to start a company producing full-on toys from old J-model molds. There's gold in them thar hills. Nice find Matt.
MattAlt (Admin)
I am really really tempted to buy this sucker. Robots with gonads = win.
Sanjeev (Admin)
MattAlt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robots with gonads = win.

Not always, sir...

...not always.
Wow. Beautiful. Always loved that base too. Matt, a while back you posted a link to a site with unpainted buildups of either imai or aoshima 'toy' kits...can't find that thread after searching like crazy. Atranger ships and stuff? I think even the bandai stuff (combattler, etc)...help?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer