Has it become this desperate out there?

Posted by bt1 
bt1
Prices are crazy (sorry, mentally disturbed)



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 09:47PM by bt1.
Attachments:
open | download - Jeeg1.jpg (58.2 KB)
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Agreed. TEH MARKET!!!
OK, I admit it, it was me. I just love those green leggings.

Seriously, though, this is nuts. While it might not have been a US buyer, it amazes me to keep seeing YJA prices go up while the exchange rate continues to get worse.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
josh fraser (Moderator)
The hobby has actually burned me out a bit as of late. It is a phase I know, but I feel as if, it is simply a money game in many instances. For me it feels like 1998 all over again, except for different reasons.
I must be shooting for different things than you guys because I feel like I've been getting some killer deals.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
The rich are getting richer. I wonder if this is just one of those instances where we've probably got some extremely affluent collector dropping money that doesn't mean the same thing to him as it does to us. JoshF has mentioned this phenom before. Its not going to bode well for affordable vintage-but if a big affluent collectors gets started into the hobby then it might be a good time to sell those extra vintage Godaikin...6K or even 10K may mean a lot to us-but not to them...

If someone puts something out there on auction that is 10x the typical "worth" just as a bold move to see if some sucker buys it, and it gets sold, then that happens.
bt1
Prices are crazy (sorry, mentally disturbed)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 09:46PM by bt1.
Wow. That is if not racist, at least totally xenophobic. Give me a fucking break. These are JAPANESE toys. We are just as much foreigners to them as Chinese people are. While collectors conspiring to keep prices low is a nice dream, the truth is old toys are only worth what people are willing to spend on them.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
bt1
Prices are crazy (sorry, mentally disturbed)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 09:46PM by bt1.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I think maybe Bill was commenting on the recent economic boom in China that is making millionaires over night..
You think, "All them damn Chinamen is talking all the good toys" doesn't sound xenophobic? Think about what you say or at least HOW you say it.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 04:59PM by Ginrai.
How do you know that bt1 isn't chinese?
bt1
Prices are crazy (sorry, mentally disturbed)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 09:46PM by bt1.
Because in the post about scanners in the airport he said he was wasn't.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2011 06:47PM by Ginrai.
bt1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used China as an
> example for new collectors, since it is currently
> the fastest growing economy and most new
> millionaires are coming from there (and note I
> said 'China/wherever') and more and more are
> coming online and discovering the toys.


Erik Sjoen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think maybe Bill was commenting on the recent
> economic boom in China that is making millionaires
> over night..


This is how I read it too. It seemed pretty straight forward to me. Not worth discussing further.
bt1
Fixed for the sensitive members

Later
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Interesting:

[www.youtube.com]
josh fraser (Moderator)
Erik Sjoen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting:
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> =player_embedded#at=313


Yeah when I live in Hong Kong a few years ago, I was constantly amazed by the amount of construction going on in Mainland. At the time, 40% of the world's steel was being used by new building developments. The smog was so bad,, people who where elderly and very young would stay indoors certain times of the day. A new development would be going up every month. I see a lot of this going on currently in Vietnam as well. In Vietnam, the prices for good apartments is on par with Boston and some parts of NYC because the number of good places in the city are so competed for. But the economy is moving so fast ( much like China of a decade ago) that there has to be a point of eventual slow down. It is part of why the cost of manufacture has gotten so prohibitive in many parts of the region. Crazy times.
HK apartment prices are still rising. In fact renting an apartment is HK is more expensive than Tokyo is these days. It is a result of everyone (in finance at least) pulling out of Tokyo and moving to HK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer