Chogo. VIntage. MIB. ..and yet, no love.

Posted by Mike Parisi 
[cgi.ebay.com]

Not even a 20 spot. Is this truly the least desired of all the legit pieces?
I think everyone already has a case of these stashed away. Don't you? ;)

-dylan
My case doubles as an Ottoman.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Got rid of my case, needed to make room for x-tra cat litter.

But seriously, this is NICE toy. I wonder why so many more of them exist?
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My case doubles as an Ottoman.

You have a life-sized Simpsons bus driver made out of Sky Arrows? You are sooo pimp!
It is a rather boring toy and for whatever reason seems to be the most common Shogun "Action Vehicle." Maybe tons of them sat on shelves in Japan and were bought up by Mattel?

Personally the dumbed down missiles kill it for me. I only collect toys that can potentially choke a small child!
Sanjeev (Admin)
gingaCrush took away my case. Said I wasn't "pimp-dog deluxe" enough...
Robaato D Wrote:
> It is a rather boring toy and for whatever reason
> seems to be the most common Shogun "Action
> Vehicle." Maybe tons of them sat on shelves in
> Japan and were bought up by Mattel?
>
> Personally the dumbed down missiles kill it for
> me. I only collect toys that can potentially choke
> a small child!

I dunno...for an st toy, it's not so bad (although I agree about the safety missiles). And I maintain that if it was produced in low numbers, it would be considered a beautiful prize. Such is the nature of our hobby, me thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 06:04PM by Mike Parisi.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> gingaCrush took away my case. Said I wasn't
> "pimp-dog deluxe" enough...

Totally read that as 'ginaCrush'. How the mind wanders.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
My whole life has been a 'ginaCrush. Robots to, I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2011 06:28PM by Mike Parisi.
I'm surprised no one has come up with the idea to repro the original Popy boxes to package with those Shogun Sky Arrows (sans stupid star missiles)!
i always thought that as a toy it was a lot of fun. cockpit shoots off, neat design, sturdy and shoots missiles as well.

it always had a prominent place in my childhood toy fighting scenarios. i usually had it perched on top of castle greyskull swooping down to kill off star wars dudes and he-man.
I remember lots of mail order toy stores you'd see in toy magazines in the mid nineties would have these Sky Arrows listed for $20. You'd see many stores advertising these.
I heard one sold for $30 once...but that may have been at FAO at RETAIL back in the day, they were always pricey.

Could you imagine if Bazoler's had been the overproduced child of the line? Fraser would have a room lined with them by now.

Are there any real Danguard "nuts" out there anyway, heck, even Leiji seemed to disown him as time went by. I myself love the design, but was never much into the story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2011 01:20AM by Supersentai.
mcfitch (Admin)
I don't get it either. This was one of my favorites as a child. I'm of the camp that thinks it may have just been overproduced. That coupled with the retard safe missiles.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Okay, I searched but couldn't find a SKY ARROW review on CollectionDX. Why isn't there one yet?!?

JoshB? JoshB?

And we want a full blown You Tube video review also!

Ha... the toy actually looks better than the cartoon version.

Actually all of the Danguard vehicles are great toys and maybe a bit un-heralded compared to other Popinika: The Gard Machine, Gard Launcher and Satelizer. Maybe only the D-17 vehicles are appreciated less?
I always wanted this one as a kid, and finally got one from H-man a few years back. I think it's a great toy. My daughter must agree, as she keeps stealing the one I have displayed off its shelf .... :)

Best, Ken-A
Surprised the Gard Machine didn't make the US export cut, but the Satelither was pathetismall (yes, that's a word), akin to the Reideen godchirp...more like a candy machine toy than anything else.
the shigcon tank and jet also don't get a lot of love.....
A Sky Arrow Review? - I'm on it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer