[Brog] 2010 Summit

Posted by josh fraser 
josh fraser (Moderator)
[toyboxdx.com]

Witness a tradition of unbridled Robo nerdism.
Josh, you gotta large-scale those photos!! I NEED MORE DETAIL!!

Wish I coulda made it.

What was in the box to the left of the yellow Maz (speaking of which, I see that Dave brought out the big guns!)?
josh fraser (Moderator)
Kingboy D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Josh, you gotta large-scale those photos!! I NEED
> MORE DETAIL!!

You should have seen these photos in raw stage 3.0 mb each. Figured this was amore manageable size.

>
> What was in the box to the left of the yellow Maz
> (speaking of which, I see that Dave brought out
> the big guns!)?

Looks like an upside down comic box. The image on the front of it was separate, and was a Jumbo advertisement in mylar. Dave can correct me if I am wrong.
mcfitch (Admin)
Man that was a good time. Thanks for taking pics Josh, and thanks to everyone for coming and making it what it is.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
josh fraser Wrote:
> Kingboy D Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Josh, you gotta large-scale those photos!! I
> NEED
> > MORE DETAIL!!
>
> You should have seen these photos in raw stage 3.0
> mb each. Figured this was amore manageable size.
>

Sorry, when I first went to the brog, clicking on the photos did nothing. Now they seem to be enlarging. I thought you were just presenting thumbnails (seemed strange and contrary to the typical pix you post).
Sanjeev (Admin)
Myles, you shoulda stuffed yourself into Jason's suitcase! :P

Nah, it was a sweet time. The thing that impressed me the most was how many new folks came. A bunch of people who lurk but haven't registered (I know you're out there, Dave...and Chris and Scott!) showed up and we just had some great conversations. Lots of shared memories!

Good times...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Myles, you shoulda stuffed yourself into Jason's
> suitcase! :P
>

Yeah, really! He gets around. Didn't he just return from Japan? ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2010 06:51AM by Kingboy D.
Looks like another good time I missed. The meat on the grill looked great. So many toys to share, and all I can say is "contains lead", YES!!

-dylan
Sanjeev (Admin)
I had to keep yelling at Jason everytime I saw him try to put it in his mouth. I was about to go get the spray bottle!
can you blame me though? the thing was just soo damn sexy
Sanjeev (Admin)
BAD JASON!! BAD!!
josh fraser (Moderator)
You guys do mean the toy right?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, better that than Ben's herpes monster! :P
ah so that's where this cold sore came from :-p
The whole weekend was a blast... I, for one, can't stop thinking about the toys and people OR the dim-sum food! It was great to put faces to a couple more names like Jason, even if we didn't get a chance to talk too much.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
josh fraser (Moderator)
Wait he had your Killer culture in his mouth Ben, and you guys did not talk after?

Kids these days...no manners. ;-)

Dim sum was great. My favorite place in Boston actually. Glad you got to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 11:13PM by josh fraser.
Yes, I brought my toys inside a comic book box, which I think should win me some sort of nerd award. Then the box was just used to display the wares, including that jumbo ad that I brought for show.

The whole event was great as usual. Lots of new faces, as Sanjeev mentioned. I also made out a like a bandit, coming home with probably my best ever Summit haul.

Big thanks to everyone who came and also of course to Mason for once again hosting.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Man, us West Coasters are WEAK. Not counting the Kimono Farewell Bash (Part I), I don't think there's been a Summit here for a long long time. But it's tough with some of us up in NorCal and some in SoCal, all spread out and about. Maybe we should meet somewhere in the middle... like Fresno? ;-P
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
We're just all stuck up.. Duh.
Jim and Corey declared a summit in Seattle. This was after many beers, though.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
My haul from this year's Summit...

I actually already had the Danguard Ace, but I got an extra for some parts.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Sanjeev (Admin)
A bagged vinyl Groizer X mini...in better shape than mine. Dave and I are officially collecting the same stuff now...must be a sign! ;)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I know it's not much of a "haul"...but this might be one of the most important toys I've ever acquired (scored it in a trade with Alen):

Bullmark Mechanikong:

Why's it so important? Well, if you can believe it, it's my *very first* vintage Bullmark kaiju toy!!

Oh yes, I've avoided heading down this path (to ruin!) for years now! Hey, I still dig modern glowie vinyl...but eventually, the light begins to fade... And all that remains is a man's love for that Bullmark smell...

So, yeah, I'm fucked. Thanks, Alen! ;)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2010 05:31PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 195_9592.JPG (329.2 KB)
josh fraser (Moderator)
I am happy to have been part catalyst to your ruin. ;-)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Indeed, sir. You were the pimp of one mighty fine ho.
I got to sniff that Kong! Very fine vintage indeed.
Delayboy here bringing a haul shot finally. More than half the deals done with trading, very cool, and fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer