[BROG] Astro Mu Capsule Robo G Missile Firing Vinyl

Posted by Erik Sjoen 
Erik Sjoen (Admin)

One of the SICKEST Nakajima vinyls ever! Discuss here:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 05:40PM by Erik Sjoen.
warren picked that up off of yahoo japan. as far as i know thats a one of a kind vinyl color. i think brian flynn was going hard after this also.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn...that's gorgeous. I still think the blue looks better, but I wouldn't scoff at having one of these! :P

Now, did they go back and wipe the silver paint off of the embossed lettering on his belly or something? Looks sharp.

Oh, and the faux-rivets (I'm assuming that's what the bumps on his shoulders and upper chest are!) are great...can't go wrong with faux-rivets!
MattAlt (Admin)
One of my all-time favorites. The "normal" colored versions pop up from time to time, but I have never seen another red one.
Bah, there's three of them on YHJ right now. J/K

josh fraser (Moderator)
Warren brings that toy to Dim sum in Chinatown from time to time. One sick toy for sure.

I feel it might be a proto. But who knows.
Fantastic toy, and this is the only red version I've ever seen for sure.
One of a kind toy, great!

How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
Box, plastic bag,...?
>How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
Box, plastic bag,...?

I don't know if I've ever seen any packaging for that toy, come to think of it. I would imagine it would come in a box though, like the other Nakajima missile-vinyls (Pegas, Tekkaman, etc.).
josh fraser (Moderator)
chogoman Wrote:
> One of a kind toy, great!
> How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
> Box, plastic bag,...?

It is suspended on a bed of nubile maidens and roses, held aloft with Wagner playing in the background.
I remember this toy! They gave those away at the local County Fair as prizes for the carnival games when I was a kid.

Once all of kids in the neighborhood lost all the missles, shooting them back in forth at the playground, we just tossed them in the trash. Think I had five or six of them at one time. The dog still uses one as a chew toy.

Are they worth anything?

Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I don't think we've ever seen the packaging for it collectively. I'm sure there is some Italian dude with a severely watermarked picture that could confirm or deny this..

Who gives a shit, as Adam pointed out they are worthless anyhow.. ;)
I seem to recall seeing these for sale at the nearby 7-11 right next to the Voltes V dx box sets
>I feel it might be a proto. But who knows.

I *think* we've seen at least one more of these, but I may be making that up!

What makes you think it's a prototype?
I like it, but the Jumbo version remains my Grail.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
If it is a prototype, UW certainly scored!! Either way it's a pretty amazing piece.
holy boner. ive heard whispers about this piece, but never seen a photo.

ive now passed on the real blue version twice, and twice realized what a doofus move i had made. fingers crossed for a third times a charm moment...
josh fraser (Moderator)
open | download - IMG_8584 copy.jpg (440.2 KB)

Is that priest standing next to Matt getting ready to baptize the toy?
MattAlt (Admin)
He's officiating over the ceremony. Capsule Robo G and I were man and wife... For brief minutes before it hopped back in the car with Warren, the tramp!
I'm pretty sure you were the wife in that relationship, Alt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login