[BROG] Astro Mu Capsule Robo G Missile Firing Vinyl

Posted by Erik Sjoen 
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
[toyboxdx.com]

One of the SICKEST Nakajima vinyls ever! Discuss here:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 05:40PM by Erik Sjoen.
warren picked that up off of yahoo japan. as far as i know thats a one of a kind vinyl color. i think brian flynn was going hard after this also.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Damn...that's gorgeous. I still think the blue looks better, but I wouldn't scoff at having one of these! :P

Now, did they go back and wipe the silver paint off of the embossed lettering on his belly or something? Looks sharp.

Oh, and the faux-rivets (I'm assuming that's what the bumps on his shoulders and upper chest are!) are great...can't go wrong with faux-rivets!
MattAlt (Admin)
One of my all-time favorites. The "normal" colored versions pop up from time to time, but I have never seen another red one.
bt1
Bah, there's three of them on YHJ right now. J/K

Delicious!
josh fraser (Moderator)
Warren brings that toy to Dim sum in Chinatown from time to time. One sick toy for sure.

I feel it might be a proto. But who knows.
Fantastic toy, and this is the only red version I've ever seen for sure.
One of a kind toy, great!

How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
Box, plastic bag,...?
>How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
Box, plastic bag,...?

I don't know if I've ever seen any packaging for that toy, come to think of it. I would imagine it would come in a box though, like the other Nakajima missile-vinyls (Pegas, Tekkaman, etc.).
josh fraser (Moderator)
chogoman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of a kind toy, great!
>
> How is the Capsule G MFV packed "normally"?
> Box, plastic bag,...?

It is suspended on a bed of nubile maidens and roses, held aloft with Wagner playing in the background.
I remember this toy! They gave those away at the local County Fair as prizes for the carnival games when I was a kid.

Once all of kids in the neighborhood lost all the missles, shooting them back in forth at the playground, we just tossed them in the trash. Think I had five or six of them at one time. The dog still uses one as a chew toy.

Are they worth anything?

-Adam
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I don't think we've ever seen the packaging for it collectively. I'm sure there is some Italian dude with a severely watermarked picture that could confirm or deny this..

Who gives a shit, as Adam pointed out they are worthless anyhow.. ;)
I seem to recall seeing these for sale at the nearby 7-11 right next to the Voltes V dx box sets
>I feel it might be a proto. But who knows.

I *think* we've seen at least one more of these, but I may be making that up!

What makes you think it's a prototype?
I like it, but the Jumbo version remains my Grail.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
If it is a prototype, UW certainly scored!! Either way it's a pretty amazing piece.
holy boner. ive heard whispers about this piece, but never seen a photo.

ive now passed on the real blue version twice, and twice realized what a doofus move i had made. fingers crossed for a third times a charm moment...
josh fraser (Moderator)
memories...
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_8584 copy.jpg (440.2 KB)
>memories...

Is that priest standing next to Matt getting ready to baptize the toy?
MattAlt (Admin)
He's officiating over the ceremony. Capsule Robo G and I were man and wife... For brief minutes before it hopped back in the car with Warren, the tramp!
I'm pretty sure you were the wife in that relationship, Alt.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer