[BROG] Nakajima: Ready to Rumble

Posted by chogoman 
It's wrestling time!
[toyboxdx.com]

NO, this is not hardcore wrestling with a deep fryer ;-)
Thats the way I cleaned up Great Zebra & Mr Question
in the Ultra sonic Cleaner.

Had to buy a bigger Cleaner...

The size of the figures is ca. 30 cm (12'') and 25 cm (10'').

Here's a nice Tiger Mask Page for more infos
about these funky guys:
[www4.airnet.ne.jp]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 11:34AM by chogoman.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Great write up! It's a real pain in the ass to get them with the sashes. I think only 5 or so of mine have them. Skull Star is the best one in my opinion. I LOVE how dia de lost muertos he looks:

Now, if I could only find a cape for my Tigermask...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 04:38PM by Erik Sjoen.
Attachments:
open | download - dia-de-los-muertos-2.jpg (70.9 KB)
...good luck finding that cape Erik!
That will be hard I think...but I think
I've seen a repro-cape on Yahoo.
But repro...hmmm...not really a option...

Skull Star is one of my favorites too,
but didn't find one with sash for a
reasonable price till now.
There is only one "expensive" one on Yahoo.
I'm not yet ready spending so much for him...well not "yet" ;-)

I want that that Ring Mat!!

This piece kicks ass!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 04:58PM by chogoman.
Man seeing these with such great photos makes me want to bid on them now.

;-)

"she walks softly but carries a big gun"
thanks replicantgirl!

Aiii...sounds that Tiger Mask prices go up ;-)
Kind of reminds me of Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E) Hmm. Maybe I would like to get a couple too.
STOP guys!

Let me complete my Tiger Mask collection...then you could
start collecting them too, we got a deal? :-D
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
chogoman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> STOP guys!
>
> Let me complete my Tiger Mask collection...then
> you could
> start collecting them too, we got a deal? :-D

The same thing happens when I post zenmai tin brogs. I collect something "most" people here are not into, and then poof, I get people asking me all about them, where to get them,what to pay, etc and then eventually I pay more, or lose auctions because now more people are bidding. Oh well, it is the nature of the beast I guess. Those are some cool vinyls though! ;-D
BTW Josh, bought my first Bullmark zenmai, indirect with your help ;-)
Maybe you remember when I asked you a "price-range-question"
about that Blazer. I won him!
Great silly stuff! Love the comedy of the faces.
Stephan, what is the ultrasonic cleaner mainly for in that size? Jewelry, I'm guessing? Now valuable vinyls!

@Erik, I hope your wife is used to you running around the house with the cape and sash on, by now? hehee. I LOVED that DX 12" Tigermask box set you posted about a while ago.

Do any of the vinyls come bagged with some sort of bell toy?

Or, was there ever a wrestling ring playset or, or cardboard backing card that became one?

I know, I know, lotsa dopey questions...

EDIT: Oops, I'm an idiot. Questions answered about ring mat, in above posts. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 09:32PM by repairtechjon.
Well, I was into tins long before your Leo blog. I won't go after the wrestling figures. If I was made of money maybe. I got a lot of things I want before that.

BTW, if anyone wants to look at all the ones that have been made, The "Get the Vintage" book 3 pages with pictures of all of them. I count 24. One of the stranger ones is a guy with 3 figures of him at different sizes. Did he have shrinking powers? Kind of cool actually. Also a shot of the ring. I wonder if that was sold boxed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 09:27PM by gaiking123.
Josh helped me get my first tin too. ;-)

"she walks softly but carries a big gun"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2010 10:00PM by replicantgirl.
gaiking123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, I was into tins long before your Leo blog. I
> won't go after the wrestling figures. If I was
> made of money maybe. I got a lot of things I want
> before that.
>

Actually I am not talking about anyone specifically. I have written many blogs about tins and talk to lots of collectors. ;-) Just an observation about how these things happen from my own point of view.
@Jon
Yepp, that ultrasonic cleaner mainly for Jewelry,
but now it's transformed into a "sofubi-regeneration-chamber"

...and that ring mat is pretty cool, not bad either is that
black Atache Case (http://www4.airnet.ne.jp/pancra/tiger/graphicf1/body/naka_case.gif). Inside that case there is that
wrestling ring playset with cardboard backing cards.

@gaiking123
"...with 3 figures of him at different sizes", I don't know of
shrinking powers, but most of the figures had been sold in different sizes.
From mini, standard, big, giant etc...

The pictures are from [www4.airnet.ne.jp]
<<<<<Actually I am not talking about anyone specifically. I have written many blogs about tins and talk to lots of collectors. ;-) Just an observation about how these things happen from my own point of view.>>>>

Cool although I have to admit, your blogs may have gotten me more interested in the windup ones. I will probably try to get them eventually but not right now.

Going back to Tiger Mask, Here is a picture of the toy I'm talking about.

I guess I got confused by how they show him in 3 sizes and not anyone else in the book.
I like what I thought more if it was a toy that comes with 3 sizes cause the character can shrink. Ha. He looks like the main baddie with that smiley face and suit.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 03:40AM by gaiking123.
@gaiking123
This is Rulers of Tiger's Cave.
Beside The Skull Star & Golden Mask one of the
coolest characters of the whole Tiger Mask series.
Here's a catalpog shot of the Nakajima standard size rasslers and the ring. I like the look of longing to rassle in the young lad's face.

Thanks Mark. Poor scrawny kid in the catalog.
cae
oh my god I need the skull dude.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Cupercool catalog, thanks Mark!
I NEED THAT RING!!
I recently watched a late night talk show here (Japan) that voted Mr. No, Piranha and Gorilla man as the 3 most over-the top villains. They were each featured in a short clip, really wacky and hilarious stuff.

Off topic, last winter there were a series of heart warming pseudo-anonymous donation incidents that went by the name of Tiger mask, Naoto Date to several child protection centers.

[www.asahi.com]

Medicom recently started reissuing the Tiger Mask standard vinyls. These re-issues are sold mainly through pre-orders. The first 2 villains, the red death mask and lion man were out a while ago and sold out. The current 2 on pre-order are Miracle 3 and Golden mask. The ring is also being re-issued.
Nice story with "Tiger Mask donations"!

Meanwhile I won an orginal ring. Great toy! Now "playing" with the
Tiger Mask figures is much more fun ;-)

Does anybody konw if the Medicon re-issues are "marked" in any way
as re-issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 05:46AM by chogoman.
Hello, Chogoman,

I just received the Medicom re-issued Miracle 3. The package comes in 2 plastic bags; the originL Nakajima version inside a larger Medicom one. The Medicom header shows the phrase "•œh, meaning re-issued. I will open it later and check the toy itself.
Hey Jessy,

yeah, please tell us if there are any "re-issue" markings on the toy itself.

I still need a vintage Miracle 3...
There is no indication of "re-issued" on Miracle 3. Each sole of the red boots is marked with the 2 authors' names, Kajiwara and Tsuji, and the Nakajima turtle logo on the heels, same as the original I think.
Oh shit....so I better buy no mint specimen, so I could be sure it's no re-issue ;-)
Currently the 2 re-issued villains being offered for pre-order are Skull Star and Mr. Shadow, as well as the giant sized Tigermask and Red Death Mask.
The re-issued version of Tigermask and Miracle 3. MSRP of each is 6800-7800 yen. According to the Medicom store in Shibuya they are only sold through pre-order (therefore not a great quantity made). I wouldn't expect that these re-issued ones are later sold as the originals, but someone who owns both versions would wanna do a comparison?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_9971r.jpg (401.9 KB)
Yes please!
A comparison would be great.
The occasional rough and linear line work in the Tiger Mask anime is quite charming, almost a little Egon Schiele-esque. I really hope that the sofubi can capture that aspect while maintaining the Showa 40's aesthetics.

Medicom and Denjin collaborated on this anime version Tiger and Mr. Fudou. It would be nice if Tiger's mask shows bit more edge.
Attachments:
open | download - tiger_fudou1.jpg (449.7 KB)
open | download - tiger_fudou2.jpg (424.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer