Totally RANDOM..

Posted by Erik Sjoen 
^ I'm OK with this.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Indeed. Her side thrust kick form is excellent.
Plus, when her kicks land, they make a 'Bagoooooon!' sound.

[prometheusrising.net]
?

That's not the Antron I remember..

-dylan

Toy cupboard in Kwangbok school, Pyongyang North Korea, taken in 2010. Look closely.

Big Bird looks like he was buried alive in a glass coffin, like a magic trick gone wrong or something.
holy crap... I count 7 boxed DX godaikins and 3 Valks..... wtf?
Alright, let's hunt those babies down.
That's just crazy. And they look to be in such nice box condition. No way those could have been made available to kids! Unless is just says something about discipline of children in the USA versus abroad. I know MY kids woulda ripped those boxes to shreds.
I'd say it was a photoshop but then there's a lot of reflection in the glass infront of the valks....
cae
I don't think it's a photoshop ... but the reflection in the glass isn't an impediment to that.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Notice the LOCKS on those cabinets. No kid is playing with those. Much like much of North Korea that the public gets to see, this is likely a staged area that is prettied up for foreigners to see. They were likely placed there in the 80s and never removed, aside from cleaning.

I've always wondered about NK toys. If the S korean bootlegs are as crazy as they were, were there original NK bootleg toys? there MUST be...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Josh, we need to put together a team...like the Expendables...to infiltrate and survey the NK toy landscape.

You have to be Stallone, of course. Jason can be Jet Li...'cause he's smaller. I wanna be Jason Statham! Who else is in??
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wanna be Jason
> Statham! Who else is in??

You'd be losing an awful lot of hair there, buddy!

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, how about Mickey Rourke? ;)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Okay, how about Mickey Rourke? ;)

Then you'd just be gaining a whole lot of ugly.

More serious than thou
Oh I'm in for sure. I'm totally fascinated by the Korean toy machine, the good, bad and fugly. I've wondered the exact same thing Josh. Seems like everyone is getting money to do stupid shit on Kickstarter, so maybe we could get funded to all travel to North Korea as toy ambassadors.
JoshB Wrote:
> Notice the LOCKS on those cabinets. No kid is
> playing with those. Much like much of North Korea
> that the public gets to see, this is likely a
> staged area that is prettied up for foreigners to
> see. They were likely placed there in the 80s and
> never removed, aside from cleaning.

From what I've read so far, this is almost 100% the case. It's almost assured the entire school is staged.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
MP, where did you find this photo?
Check it:

[www.flickr.com]
There are no toys in NK, unless you count the oddly carved potatobot and Kim the Great Leader sofubi (transforms into his son when you remove the masked helmet).
Outside of 3rd rate munitions and unisex textiles, NK has no industry. It's the poorest nation in Asia. Any gokin in the photo is some sort or ersatz propaganda to distract from the truth. The only authentic gokin in NK is that vintage steel shovel.
Seoul, on the other hand, manufactured some wild bootleg shit in the 70s and 80s. I've been there a few times: you can go to the outskirts of tongdaemun district and visit the toy wholesalers. I once saw a stack of old, boxed gatchaman ripoff toys:30 years old, still unsold. Lots of weird maz/tranzor/taegwon5 stuff floating around...tetsuwan atom as well...
I actually have the boxes for the two loose ones up in my attic, but it was so hot up there I gave up. Aside from the collection set A (which has three I have already) my set is complete, finally!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2011 07:28PM by JoshB.
Attachments:
open | download - dougram.jpg (211.5 KB)
mcfitch (Admin)
Doesn't look complete to me:

Magnets anyone?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
JoshB Wrote:
> ...my set is complete,
> finally!

Goddamn...that shit is beautiful!
Anonymous User
Yeah, but that's not RANDOM. Too well-organized....

You are OFF TOPIC!
This weekends flea market score. So damaged...

mcfitch Wrote:
> Doesn't look complete to me:
> [toyboxdx.com]
> magnetypeboxback.jpg
>
> Magnets anyone?
> -Mason

No Magnetype? What a noob!

Seriously, the Magnetic Dougram is the most 'toyetic' of any rendition, and a ton of fun. When I'm looking for a Dougram to grab off the shelf and play with, it's the obvious choice. Gorgeous window and art box, as well.

[prometheusrising.net]

mcfitch (Admin)
Now THAT is "Totally RANDOM" Bravo sir.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Beautiful. The framed colors. Is that a plastic chromed saxophone?
Some random shit lying around after the Summit.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Wow! Who did the Jumbo V3(?) and what Spazer is that?
That's Belgas V5, a custom jumbo I got off a dude from RJ a few years back. I was gonna bring it and the other two to sell/trade, but forgot them.

I'm not even sure about the Space. I got it from Alen. It lights up and I think is supposed to have a remote control feature or something. I just love that it fits right on that old M1 base that I'd been trying to get rid of for years!

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Lemel, yeah it's a plastic chromed saxaphone :) He has a matching trumpet as well.
A group shot of some vinyl toys.
Attachments:
open | download - CIMG4924.JPG (251.2 KB)
Refit and routine maintenance after a hard fought victory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer