Bullmark History Box Set

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
This is super sexy:

[www.bullmark.co.jp]

Includes a DVD of Bullmark commercials, interviews, and a documentary covering the founding of the company, plus seven repro catalogs, order sheets, flyers, postcards, nineteen (!) repro posters, Arstron mini-sofubi, an anniversary "tenugui" cloth, two tickets to buy limited-run repros of the Garamon and MechaGodzilla vinyls, and an index book.

19,950 yen.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
How could one NOT buy this? Amazing! Thanks for posting this Minister Alt.
All that beautiful literature!!
Must...have...

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Can't get passed the Japanese text to order one. Is there an easier way?
I wonder if there's trace of the BO TIN Diapolon in that repro catalogs. I'm talking of the one included in the list of toys at the end of the Bullmark history book.
CD Japan also has this up for order:

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

I'd guess you could get it at Amazon JP, too.

Matt, would you mind buying a copy of this, ripping the DVD, subtitling it, and posting it on the internet for everybody? Thanks.
>Matt, would you mind buying a copy of this, ripping the DVD, subtitling it, and posting it on the internet for everybody? Thanks.

I was actually going to ask Matt if he could buy a copy, send it to me, then fly over here and offer a running translation / commentary as I watch it. Is that so much to ask for??
MattAlt (Admin)
Act now, and I'll throw in a free spoon-feeding so you never have to rip your eyes from the screen!
Matt's so lazy.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
"Matt, would you mind buying a copy of this, ripping the DVD, subtitling it, and posting it on the internet for everybody? Thanks."

I'm going to go ahead and say he's doing this already Rog, and we're throwing in your Marusan DVD as well as the 18" bootleg Red Baron sofubi that's been floating around Tokyo for the last ten years, which I banked on..

We'll call it "Bullmark DX".
Matt could you rip the DVD and create some german undertitles for me. thanks.

;-)
$207 shipping included from Yesasia
[www.yesasia.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Thanks CowboyMike!!
i dunno, i don't want to just look at catalogs and commercials. I understand that this item will be of interest to the historians and fact-finders like Matt who do a terrific job at it, but I want the 3D toys themselves.....
>i dunno, i don't want to just look at catalogs and commercials. I understand that this item will be of interest to the historians and fact-finders like Matt who do a terrific job at it, but I want the 3D toys themselves.....

I have some of the toys and a lot of the catalogs - I want more of both!
MattAlt (Admin)
I just got a mailing from M1, and it says the "MechaGodzilla" referenced above is actually a repro of the MISSILE FIRING Mechagodzilla. You might think they mean the standard-sized version, but their thumbnail seems to indicate the big one with the individual missile fingers. It's described as a "display type" which leads me to believe that the actual launchers don't actually work. More info as it becomes available...
That would be INSANE!!
(OK, my Crazy Eddie voice doesn't seem to translate well over the internet)
Any info on whether M1 would accept ticket redemptions from the US? If not, I'm wondering if a proxy service could do that bit.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
That loud thud was my fat ass falling off the chair. This will be EPIC!! I'm in!
dude.... epic is an understatement.....
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any info on whether M1 would accept ticket
> redemptions from the US? If not, I'm wondering if
> a proxy service could do that bit.

I wouldn't count on it, start working with the proxy service now.

I'm going to see what I can find out from M1GO about this "display" Mechagodzilla.
"Release Canceled"

Wtf?!

-dylan
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Roger Wrote:
> hillsy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Any info on whether M1 would accept ticket
> > redemptions from the US? If not, I'm wondering
> if
> > a proxy service could do that bit.
>
> I wouldn't count on it, start working with the
> proxy service now.
>
> I'm going to see what I can find out from M1GO
> about this "display" Mechagodzilla.

I was talking to MJ about this as well. Still waiting to hear back from Yuji...
Who is MJ?
Mike from ClubTokyo.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Straight from the horse's mouth:

If you buy Bullmark BOX, the ticket that can buy the missile
Mechagodzilla is attached.
"display" version means the device that projected missiles was omitted.
Same color from the old version.
and We faithfully reproduce the box of the missile Mechagodzilla.
Please Wait in expectancy!
Holy crap... are we going to see repro MFV MG outside if this special offer?

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Thank you Roger!! Just spoke with Funnyara about mine. SUPER STOKED!!!! Man, even the box.... Wow!

Prometheum5 Wrote:
> Holy crap... are we going to see repro MFV MG
> outside if this special offer?

Nope. On YJP for a premium most likely.
Did anyone get this yet? If so, how is it? Is there still time to get that missile firing Mecha Godzilla?
I think people have started to get theirs but I haven't seen any pics... I need coverage of the MG! The HAVE to release it in more colorways for release!

[prometheusrising.net]
I wouldn't count on it, at least any time soon. When M1GO did that Hedorah as an exclusive for people who bought that hardover Bullmark book, it was a couple of years before they did any other variations of it.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Got mine in the mail today. Been pretty busy, but took twenty min to just enjoy this thing. All I can say is it's well worth the money for someone that really appreciates the "papers". A must for any Bullmark collector.

There are even FULL sized posters. I'm talking $1000s of dollars to be spent at the frame shop.. Just amazing..
Is any place selling this now? Seems like all the places have it as "Out of Stock"
So does this set deliver if you want a big print guide to what Bullmark releases are out there, or only if you specifically want to see the printed catalogs and such as they were originally released? Like, how much actual toy content is in it? And how much Japanese text is there?

[prometheusrising.net]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
It's about toys as Bullmark is a toy company and in Japanese as they are a Japanese toy company.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Sorry to sound so smug before, but what are you really trying to get?

It seems pretty straight forward to me. When you asked how much "toy content" was in it I laughed out loud. Honestly, I'm not trying to single you out here, I'm just not really clear what you are looking for. Check the previous link and you'll see what it comes with.

Buy it. Own it. If you're on the fence then honestly Ben (and anyone else), it's totally not for you. But then there is the MekaG!! Just fuckin' with ya. But seriously, if you didn't buy this set you will absolutely NOT get one unless it's on the secondary market. Yuji confirmed this today. Sorry folks.

In terms of the DVD and the rest of the content, you won't find any of it coming from me (or this website) until LONG after this set is sold the "F" out. At which point I will spill the beans on ALL of it for everyone to enjoy.

Kampai!

Sjoen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2009 08:10PM by Erik Sjoen.
No, it's fine, my post was pretty waffle-ey and didn't make sense anyway. I was trying to ask if the bulk of the set was more 'book' or 'toy pictures'. I like 'toy pictures', but any sort of 'book' is pretty useless to me. The catalog reprints sound pretty cool...

[prometheusrising.net]
Does this set have anything on the Bullmark Gokin or Windup or Battery Operated Tin releases?
Here's a pic of the set via Bullmark:

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer