[BROG] Rokuron Q Mike

Posted by Erik Sjoen 
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
So freakin' cool. Can't wait to see the final product. You are an artist my friend..
MattAlt (Admin)
That video is pretty much the greatest thing ever made.
Wow, insane! Great job!
Sanjeev (Admin)
As always, Mike, you bring the skills and the vision!
So cool, and great job on that vid Mike!
What a way to build anticipation for a project.
cae
awesome and hilarious.

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
[freetimetoys.blogspot.com]

Little update. Ok the pict is already in another topic but there's a few words with it there.
That's awesome.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mike, is that from the new 3D Systems machine???

If so, the timing is amazing: I just got my first "frosted ultra detail" print from Shapeways on Saturday. Let me tell ya, it BLOWS AWAY the Objet prints I've been getting. Super, super sharp.

I've got a couple more arriving on Wednesday, so I'll be sure to post photos then. But for now, that's looking gorgeous, man! And, yeah, like you said, very little post-processing is necessary with this stuff...
Yes it's exactly that.
And I'm super enthusiast with the result. I hope they're going to keep that material in the future. I need to rush to model a few more stuff in case they quit it.
But from what I've see, they have a lot of order and feedback is positive.

What amaze me most is that you don't see the layers of print. It's just smooth and clean. I'm just a bit dissapointed by the fact that I've still support materials in pieces like the amrs and the head, I really wanted to have it more transparent. I will try to remove the remaining support material later.

Don't hesitate to shoot pictures of your stuff. I want to see them.
This little guy is available to purchase, follow the infos here:

cae
awesome!

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mike, I'm pretty sure there's a way to create a "package" comprising many parts in whatever quantities you specify. That way, the consumer only has to click one item and add it to their cart. It's obviously easier that way, and also prevents someone from accidentally missing a necessary part or two.

But anyway, that shit is awesome! Congrats for getting your Shapeways store up and running!

I apologize for the crappy, crappy pic (oh, my poor dying camera), but here's a shot of one of the MUSCLE- (Kinnikuman-)style figures I'm developing:

The figure is 1-3/4" tall! That level of detail is absolutely nuts!

Oh, and speaking Shapeways...apparently, they've taken notice of my latest blog post and posted a comment! I'm honored...haha!
cae
the Om on that guy is killing me - surprised you didn't go for mudras with the hands. With that level of detail you could really wade into the heretical waters with some spectacular galoshes ,,,

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks! That was actually my very first inclination...but I quickly realized that fingers are surprisingly annoying to model! A gesture as complex as mudras woulda been nightmarish! ;)

The flat right palm (and the Om, of course) were decent enough concessions. Plus, I didn't want to deviate too much from the original characters.
Well I've fight a long time with this shop thing on shapeways and was pretty sure that there's a way to make a complete set ready to buy, but it doesn't seems to have that kind of option. I've see some other people selling multiple pieces objects and none of them had all the objects under a single order option.

Your little character is really excellent. And I love the fact that it's not hollowed, it make the transparent look great. As for the hands, I understand your problem, it's painfull to make, on each character I've done, I've spend almost the same time on the hand and on the whole body with legs and arms. It's always tricky.
It's like laughing gas ! I had a great time watching this $600 toy vid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 05:14AM by GA37DX.
Here's a little special for Alen and Matt:

Sanjeev (Admin)
Absolutely gorgeous!
Yes please!

[prometheusrising.net]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
The most amazing thing I've seen in years.
MattAlt (Admin)
Wow. VERY cool. You are a 3D rendering master! Here's to hoping you can actually make these some day!!
Thanks a lot guys.

Funny thing is that I'm not a big fan of the rendering job, it's the part in 3D that I don't like, it's necessary but I'm enjoying more the modeling and animation. So here, I'm mainly using the same set up I've prepare from a previous test and it seems it's working well.

I also hope to be able to do one like that some day, or maybe a smaller version.
Holy freakin' Moly. Beautiful. You rendered this in what...Softimage or something?
those clear doublas are mind blowing
Modeling was done in Maya and rendering with Maxwell which gives great result super fast, especially for this kind of stuff.
Yes, that is quite clear. *snicker*

But seriously, those things are FINE art in my book.
Little update with a few work in progress

Sanjeev (Admin)
That is lovely, as usual, Mike! It still amazes me that you can model this accurately just from the few pictures out there online!
Thanks a lot.

Well I think I have one of the biggest collections of pictures of Garada. So it helps a lot to try to have a clear idea. But this one is quite tricky since the pictures are always small and a bit from everywhere. It was way more easy with the Doublas as I have one and I was able to do like frontal, side and top view in pictures.

Anyway, here's already a revised version and all this with color test for my very own pleasure :))

if it would help you I could send you all the pics I took of the Bandai Museum Garada full size etc
Hey Jason, your pictures already helped me a lot. I have the low resolution and it was really helpful already. Having them full size will probably help me catch a few details that hard to see for the moment.

Thanks in advance.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Totally crazy! I love it!

Y'know, I really wonder if non-English speaking (well...reading) folks will see this image and freak out, thinking that one person has TWO *legit* Garada Jumbos! :P

cae
man, I would LOVE to get my hands on one of those ...

hassenpfeffer
Thanks a lot Sanjeev but this image is far from finish as there's still a lot of details missing to make it believable as a "real" Garada. All the rivets are missing, the hands need to be adjusted, the sickles are far from finish and the chest piece is just rough. So maybe once this is all done it can be fun to make an image but with lots of them :))
Pm sent mike.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...you really wanna screw with people, huh? I love it! ;)
Honestly, from the smaller version of the pic on your site, I'd totally call them real. That photo is nuts.

[prometheusrising.net]
How about a little image in a warehouse discovery style? Or straight out from some machinder dreams :))
Attachments:
open | download - LotsOfGaradas.jpg (223.5 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
LOL

You bastard! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer