[Brog] Takara Lovin'

Posted by mcfitch 
Ooo, Big Powered is a sexy robit. One day I will have a Big Powered. One dayyyyyy.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Anonymous User
The little powered suit is marvelous.
Darn you Eduardo Sandfordini!! haha see what you've got started now?! ;0)

[www.ebay.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2012 09:00PM by repairtechjon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, uh, not to piss in anyone's Cheerio's, but that cheaper one on eBay has a better condition box than Ed's...and it's a friggin' factory sample. There's no way a production toy in lesser overall condition should go for more. Well...good on Ed for scoring more dough than he probably should've on this one! ;)
I talked to a few sellers whose Diaclone shit on ebay is reaching astronomical prices. See that sample? Winning bidder has 4 feedback, one of which is about fraud. Major league nasty business going on. These are all getting relisted. Maybe related to delta1111 or whatever.

Edit: Checked with the seller. High bidders are all deltaXXXX.

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 03:17PM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Who knows if anyone reads this board anymore, but last night, I got a long-awaited shipment from Japan containing two sub-grails...the first being a boxed Bulsonic!

I haven't taken it outta the box yet, but I know it's not in the best shape (given the auction description...and the low price I scored it for). But these come up SO SO rarely that I just couldn't resist...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 06:34PM by Sanjeev.
Ooo! Bulsonic is so rad. Maybe one day I will be able to get one.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
The demand doesn't seem too outrageous on this guy...but they're still crazy-rare!

I'm doing a slow strip-tease of this guy...here's space-jet mode:
Sanjeev (Admin)
And robot mode!

mcfitch (Admin)
That is simply one of the best Microman Toys. Congratulations.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks, man! Yeah, I've always been an early (non Car Robots) Diaclone guy because the aesthetic was so out there. But this Microman toy totally fits in with that style. Anyway, here's one last pic...guest-starring my Powered Bio Suit to hold the damn hatch open:

Congrats! I have one, but it's super loosey-goosey used and has not one of the attachments--no fists, shield, weapons, etc. I've got some Blockman fists on him at least, but without the shield, the transformation is kind of incomplete (plus the shield enables the interchangeability with the cosmic fighter set). I'd love to get a proper set someday, or at least a shield for him...

(Do you check your comments on Flickr? Sometimes I've commented on some of your posts there, but I'm assuming those are just forwarded from Instagram as Flickr seems to cut off some of your own captions...)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Bummer that yours is incomplete and all, man. Still, you can at least appreciate first hand how fundamentally tight the toy is. I mean, it's a PERFECTLY EXECUTED power armor for a Microman action figure, that can also transform into a scifi-jet mode. They took those simple parameters and came up with the pretty much perfect toy incarnation of that theme.

Hey, I wonder if I can scan my shield and fists for you to 3D print...

Just need a scanner...
Thanks, yeah, actually the Blockman fists look pretty good on him, so really the shield is the big thing, maybe his guns. :) But not sure how well that would scan...might be better to just take some orthographic shots/flatbed scans of the shield and then model it from that as a template.

I've wondered about the origin of this design a lot. It's from around when Aramaki joined the staff and when Kawamori and Miyatake would have been working on Diaclone. The resemblance in appearance and concept to the first transforming powered suit/fighter that eventually became the Valkyrie is rather close, IMHO, although the transformation itself is fairly different. I've really wondered if there might not be some connection there, and who was responsible for the design (some of my Japanese friends once suggested it might be Aramaki's work).
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to learn that it was Aramaki. The proportions just look like his work.

Anyway, I forgot to ask you before: what color is your Bulsonic? I obviously have the red chest version...so does Mason. Is yours red or do you have the blue-chest one? Just curious...

Oh, and nah...I very rarely check comments or whatever on flickr. You nailed it: I just have instagram cross-post the pics there so I can use them on my blog or anywhere else at a later time.
I do in fact have the blue-chest version. :) I'll get a pic later.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ah! Okay...I was kinda starting to wonder if the red were more common than the blue. Perhaps not then...
I wonder if the Real Type variant was also offered in similar reverse colors. I've only seen the one green one I think, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is a reverse variant.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I think Ben mentioned this weekend that his was the blue chest version too. Not sure about a reverse-real type, but I'm sure if it exists, it's magical! ;)

Anyway, my red chest one was on display at SRGM yesterday, and Matt Doughty practically demanded to fondle it after the show while we were breaking down the exhibit. I think the two-tone red blew his mind!
Bry - I have to check storage, but I definitely at one point had a spare bulsonic shield, perhaps a few other parts. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Mark!

Dude, you should post a pic of yours! ;)
I sold mine to Mason.

I still regret not buying the real type from Toy Cats when I was in Japan in 08.. 40000 yen I think it was, mint in box.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2014 06:03PM by machinesoldier.
mcfitch (Admin)
Well technically I posted it for him earlier in this thread.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
Truuu...

I'm trying to squeeze a pic of a Real Type out of a heavy-hitter on skullbrain now...will repost here with credits if he comes through...
My ears are burning. LOL :)

Here is a real type video to share:

[www.youtube.com]

Ed
machinesoldier
Bry - I have to check storage, but I definitely at one point had a spare bulsonic shield, perhaps a few other parts. I'll keep an eye out for them.

Wow, please let me know if you do! That would be incredible! :)

(I need to check by here more often... )
hillsy
I REALLY like this stuff. I REALLY don't want to get into this stuff.

I held off for 4 1/2 years. No longer. Fuck me.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ha!

Whatchu get, man??
Picked up the reissue Robotmen, some Timanic vehicles, and some of the Micro Robots. It's all over. This stuff is so cool. Have a Biosuit, on the way.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh snaps! You're all in, kid!

Even fucking Timanic??? That's no joke! I won't even go there! ;)

Wait til you get those Bio Suit kits...you'll fucking die.
Yeah, the Timanics are a little ghetto, but kinda good funky, too. The problem is going to be finding the Timanic figures...they tend to be a tad pricey.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, Timanic stuff seems to be pretty hard to find, in general. While I'm curious about 'em, I've never had a real desire to get anything in that weird middle scale.

Anyway, are you doing mostly *just* Microman stuff at this point, or are you thinking of dipping a toe in either Henshin Cyborg or Diaclone?
mcfitch (Admin)
One of us! One of us!

Actually, I've had Henshin Cyborg stuff for awhile, now, due to the reissues and new suits like Spectreman and Zaborga. And yeah...I've started in on the Diaclone, too.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yes, Neo...
Totally forgot I said I'd shoot my blue Bulsonic. Will do so tonight. :)

Regarding Timanics, they've actually popped up for decent prices on the Facebook MicroFans group now and then. They seem to be making the rounds...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I think Ben just scored a Timanic off fb recently...
OK, guys. Won a Cosmo Roller on Ebay recently. I haven't received it yet, but the description mentioned that the driver is missing one magnet. Is there any source for repros or some method for replacing this aside from just buying a new one off Ebay?

Not sure of the overall completeness of this item, but it does have two red missiles, tall chrome antenna thing, driver as mentioned above, and shooty car roller thing. Seems like the treads are there as well.

I don't suppose there's any way of getting hold of labels?

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer