Posted by mcfitch 
akum6n Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love the little car robot that came with Powered
> Convoy... too bad that didn't make it into the TF
> version.
>
> Color me envious on all counts!

The little car is called Powered Buggy in Japan or Super Buggy in Italy. Roller, the little non-transforming car that comes with the original Optimus was called Buggy in Japan. So Diaclone Battle Convoy came with Buggy, and his upgrade Powered Convoy came with Powered Buggy! Powered Buggy is kind of cheap (you have to pull his arms and legs off to transform him) but still cute. I wish they had made a blue Powered Buggy for Ultra Magnus!
That is an incredible photo. I wish E-Hobby had done a reissue Powered Convoy set with the Powered Buggy and everything. Road Rage and Crosscut (the Skids/ Honda Turbo) E-Hobby set came with the little scooters, but no drivers.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Yeah, I wish they had reissued Powered Convoy properly! To be fair, the movie Magnus is not even the right color and they don't even have the right stickers, but it still looks nice.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
I didn't realize Magnus was not up to snuff... that's an easy enough to find vintage figure if you're not hell-bent on mintyness.

[prometheusrising.net]
The vintage Ultra Magnus is a nice toy and everything, it's just not AS nice as Powered Convoy. Powered Buggy is a fun little extra, Powered Convoy has firing missile launchers, and I like the colors a lot better. I guess the pointier antennas aren't really that big of a deal, but I think they look nicer. Mostly it's about the colors, to me.

-Ginrai
>C10 Micro Change Browning

Any differences between this and the Transformers version?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Not sure. I only have the blue Microman version.

-Ginrai
mcfitch (Admin)
I wasn't aware of a TF branded version of the Browning pistol. Was that a Japanese version TF?
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Mason, I thought I told you about it once before... Browning was released in the Masterforce line in '89, I think. It has the blue Microman colors, as opposed to the red Diaclone bits. It also had some new TF-ey stickers. In the cartoon, he was actually lifesize, so when he transformed he was only 6" tall... kinda fun.

[prometheusrising.net]
There's no Diaclone Browning. It was just the Microman Microchange Gunrobo available in both red and blue. You're right that the Transformer Masterforce version is blue only.

-Ginrai
The transformers browning is rare as hell. I regret selling mine a decade ago.. It has a nicer chrome finish than the microchange one.
Nicer how? What's different about it?

-Ginrai
Here's another totally shitty picture of my toys:

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Just curious, but who are you trying to prevent from stealing your pics???
One seller asshole on ebay who has previously used my pics to try to sucker some buyers and was following my posts at several places for a while and one Transformers dork who keeps stealing my pictures and putting them on his Transformers variations page without credit. That guy even had the gall to quote entire posts of mine while removing who said it making it look like he was the one who wrote it.

-Ginrai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 11:19AM by Ginrai.
mcfitch (Admin)
What's that yellow plastic powered suit in the pic?
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
That's actually a weird Argentine bootleg that came with a horrible Argentine bootleg of Battle Buffalo. Hmm, looks like the front plate thing popped off. I better put it back on. I ended up ditching the bootleg Battle Buffalo but kept the Powered Suit.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...good eye, Mason!

Weird how the Battle Buffalo (who's a "bad guy") came with a good guy powered suit!
Battle Buffalo's not a Waruder mecha. It comes with normal Diaclone pilots and stuff. You're probably thinking of Warudaros, which is an enemy.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh yeah....damnit...I really need to go back and watch all those commercials again! Hell...we ALL do...'cause they're fucking AWESOME.
Ginrai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nicer how? What's different about it?

Better quality application. The microman one has a thin and sometimes rough chrome, and the transformer browning is thicker and shinier like the reissue megatron. Not a huge deal but there is a difference.
I looooove those commercials. Die uh... CLON.

-Ginrai
Speaking of chrome...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 07:36PM by machinesoldier.
Attachments:
open | download - photo-2.JPG (216.5 KB)
Ooo, pretty! Wish I had a version two chromed Powered Convoy! Very nice. Where'd ya get that?

-Ginrai
Kicks Hobby in Seattle, circa 2003. Also managed to score a black p38 gun Robo that trip, then a battle buffalo and waruderos on another trip a year or so later. they were from the owners collection. Nice guy and he let them go for good prices.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Be still, my heart!
Sigh....that place used to be good.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Awesome! I have the regular Powered Convoy and the P-38 UNCLE, but not the chrome PC and the black P-38! One day! How sweet it must be gettin' something like this in person and not online!

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2011 11:07AM by Ginrai.
Some major Takara Lovin' going down!
[www.ebay.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2011 12:07AM by repairtechjon.
I realize that set is super rare, but....um....no.
mcfitch (Admin)
I've had this adorable little bastard since September and finally have a moment to breathe and sticker it up properly.

-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
LOVE those lil dudes!
mcfitch (Admin)
Kitties love Takara too!

DAWWWWWW.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Kitty is adorable. But Death King is full of WIN! The chest cannon just catapults it to beyond cool. And the Real Type 7-2-1 is sick as well! Very nice scores Mason. So glad I have not ventured into the whole YahooJapan thing yet, I'd have no money left and about 1/100th of the toys I have now lol.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
mcfitch (Admin)
And now that I've wrested the booty from Pinky's paws here it is in all its desprued and stickered up glory.

First up pristine and new.

Then this happened:

-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
Big Powered = AWESOME.

And Mike, come to the dark side, man! Haha...I'm such a fucking enabler..!
DON'T PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Yeah, they might end up being covered in fingerprints. ;)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer