[Brog] Takara Lovin'

Posted by mcfitch 
For some odd reason I found myself searching for a Death King on yahoojp last night..... Curse you Mason... freaking massholes with your alluring photography skills are gonna bankrupt us all....
mcfitch (Admin)
Markus,
There's just something about the book that I love. I've used microforever.com since about 1999. It's a fantastic site. Diaclone.net unfortunately has some really terrible pictures on a lot of things.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...I just lost an auction
> yesterday for it on ebay at $80.

Uhhh...

Oops.

:P
Sanjeev Wrote:
> mcfitch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...I just lost an auction
> > yesterday for it on ebay at $80.
>
> Uhhh...
>
> Oops.
>
> :P

Well, now Mason knows where he can have a look at the book, right?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Anonymous User
Here's some more pretty Takara lovelies...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 05:15PM by AcroRay.
Attachments:
open | download - MiroCalendarShot.jpg (214.8 KB)
That red New Acroyear in the back, isn't that the Nitto model? I used to have the green one. I loved that thing and would spend hours staring at its catalog.
Anonymous User
Yeah, that's one of the models. They're very cool, and slightly less fragile than their toy origin...
mcfitch (Admin)
Ray, NICE! I've been longing for a Bullsonic for a while now. I've lost 2 on YJ and they don't show up often.
-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch (Admin)
Shelf love:

-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2011 10:36PM by mcfitch.
Any new additions? :)

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
mcfitch (Admin)
Compare that shot to the Feb 26th shot on page 1 of the thread.
-Mason

I'll have to take a nice shot of where my Microman stuff is at when I get home next week... nothing new in a while, but it's nicely set up now with some of it's early Transformer/Microchange brethren bridging the gap to the TF side of the shelf.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Awesome photo, Mason!

Incidentally, I just got a wee Powered Suit with a black (or is that super-super dark green?) door, instead of red! Love those little fucking guys...
Love the update Mr.Mason. Are the individual 5 blocky guys in front the MR-05 set?

Also, Eduardo Sanfordini (as Erik has named him) did a nice, spinny, youtube clip showing the green Bullsonic. Such a cool piece. I didn't realize how much was going on with that toy.
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 09:55PM by repairtechjon.
mcfitch (Admin)
Nope it's these guys:

[www.microforever.com]

-Mason

I'd forgotten about these pics & your amazing microman/diaclone collection. It's sad how I can't be happy for you.
Mason has more cooler robots than I do, but I'm working on it. Haven't picked up any new Microman stuff in a while, but I mixed in a few other 3 3/4" figs to spice things up.

And, where would we be without the glorious Barf Set?:

Takara is the best. Easily my favorite vintage company, what with Transformers, Dougram, Microman, Jeeg, VOTOMS, and Diaclone. If they'd been responsible for Patlabor, and Dorvack, I could collect them almost exclusively.

One more... we both turn into guns:

[prometheusrising.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2011 12:24AM by Prometheum5.
Yesterday I learned that Blockman pilots are really just non-posable Diaclone drivers.

That means that they are compatible, and that Blockman and Diaclone robots are in scale, if such things interest you.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fuck a duck.

Powered Convoy

Big Powered

This is getting stoopid.
On that PC two idiots got into a bidding war. That is not what they be going for.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
mcfitch (Admin)
That Big Powered was one I lost this morning after bidding 42,000Y. I should have just used the buy it now but at 65,000 I dint think it would hit that. Huge mistake on my part and one that will be lamented for a long.time.
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
mcfitch Wrote:
> ...Huge mistake on my part and one that will
> be lamented for a long.time.

I still don't know about that, man. After fees, a 65k toy will run DAMN close to a grand. I love me some Big Powered...but I don't know if I grand-love it.
>And, where would we be without the glorious Barf Set?

I prefer my Dougram vomit in a handy single serving microwavable bag:

MattAlt (Admin)
Love the catalog in there. That must must have been pure torture for the poor sap who asked his parents for "Dougram" and got only this.
Does the barf bag come with a figure? I've seen one up on YJA a couple times, and wouldn't having a second plot of dirt to expand my three-pack.

[prometheusrising.net]
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Thanks to resourcefulness of Alen's sister, on her Taiwan toy dig, I was lucky enough to score this C10 Micro Change Browning recently. AMAZING piece. I'm so torn though. I really, really, really want to sticker him up. This guy has been sitting wrapped in plastic in the back of a Taiwan toy store since 1983 and probably hasn't been seen since Alen incited the infamous Alt treasure trail debacle... Wish I could find that rumble.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Ahem..
[altjapan.typepad.com]

I...didn't have it bookmarked or anything...
MattAlt (Admin)
SOC TREASURE TRAIL
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
MattAlt Wrote:
> SOC TREASURE TRAIL

I mean, c'mon? Why be modest??
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
We're going from Dougram vomit to treasure trails. Why hold back??
>Does the barf bag come with a figure?

Nope. Just the vomit.
What is it supposed to be? A display base?

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
>What is it supposed to be? A display base?

Yup:

MattAlt (Admin)
I love that kind of thing. "Diorama Technique II," the bottom one says, with detailed instructions on how to make little trees and flock the ground with faux grass to tell a delightful story.

Meanwhile "Diorama Technique I," above it, is apparently for "the terminally lazy and/or borderline retarded."
Diorama Technique I is at least painted. Which is a huge improvement over the original barf.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
>Which is a huge improvement over the original barf.

Sort of, although I kind of like the idea of a diorama with Dougram, Soltic and Crabgunner slugging it out ankle deep in a big pond of vomit, "2 girls, 1 cup" style...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Robaato D Wrote:
> ...a
> diorama with Dougram, Soltic and Crabgunner
> slugging it out ankle deep in a big pond of vomit,
> "2 girls, 1 cup" style...

Magical.
Submitted for your approval:

Pardon the quick and dirty pic (it's after midnight) and please ignore my lame watermark. It's to prevent a certain asshole from trying to "sell" my shit.

That said, I love Diaclone!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Anonymous User
I love the little car robot that came with Powered Convoy... too bad that didn't make it into the TF version.

Color me envious on all counts!
Sanjeev (Admin)
So much Powered Convoy...I'm feeling light-headed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer