[Brog] Takara Lovin'

Posted by mcfitch 
mcfitch (Admin)
Join the love.
-Mason

[toyboxdx.com]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 10:36AM by mcfitch.
mcfitch (Admin)

-Mason

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
mcfitch (Admin)

-Mason

mcfitch (Admin)

-Mason

mcfitch (Admin)
There are many more pics to come tonight.
-Mason

Damn, that's friggin' awesome! Mark's a great guy - I had the pleasure of meeting him at the west coast meet-up, and as you know, he had brought a box (or two) full of these toys there also. His show-and-tell only fortified my desire for some of these top-notch toys. Due to timing, I didn't get to see too many or in such detail as you are getting to see them, but from my little glimpse, I know that these toys flat out ROCK!
mcfitch (Admin)
Then you have learned well.
-Mason

Looks like you had quite the time with these! I always forget how much awesomeness there is in this line beyond the scant few items I can recognize from Diakron/Diaclone in the US.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Real Color Microrobot 5 is so much better as the normal color version.

Too bad it is also so much more expensive, usually.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Looks like you had fun yesterday! Welcome to the fold. We meet every 5th Tuesday.

Looking forward to more pics...
mcfitch (Admin)
-Big Powered is like Gardian meets Dairugger XV.
-Mark, you have no idea how much restraint it took to no desprue everything for maximum play effect.

-Mason

I'm glad you guys are into this stuff....no way can I get into another line, but these are some great looking toys. I think I DO need to find a copy of "Takara SF Land", though...

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
mcfitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> -Mark, you have no idea how much restraint it took
> to no desprue everything for maximum play effect.
>
> -Mason

I have the same problem every time I look at them. I'll never sell them, so i'm not so much worried about value, but there is somethign to be said about reliving the feeling of when you first got something by going back to it years later and it's exactly the same.

Well, almost the same, they're probably covered in burger grease by now..
Anonymous User
Bullsonic kicks ass. Its one of my favorite Microman/Micronaut pieces ever. You should have added on the whopping huge cannons the thing carries as weapons!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Lurve these toys so dearly. My lack of knowledge of them makes them seem somehow even sweeter in my mind!

hillsy Wrote:
> ...I think I DO need to find a
> copy of "Takara SF Land", though...

Second that, dude. Yo, if anyone has a line on this publication, first send to hillsy, then me! :D
mcfitch (Admin)
More pics. And for an easter egg check the first pic in the thread again.

Mighty Suit=mighty fun. I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong and boy howdy was I wrong about this little feller. It seemed kind of silly really; microman with diecast rollerskates and snap on armor. Wrong! This thing was fun as all get out to play with. I dare you to handle one and not want one. DARE!

Punch Robo's little jet buddy. Punch Jet?

MicroBorg. The separate pieces on the sprue form a separate robot, or add on power up armor parts for MicroBorg. It's very Onell Design. Need!

Timanic. What was the deal with these guys? There's a Takara logo on the box. Were these some license Italian dealie?

-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 07:40PM by mcfitch.
mcfitch (Admin)
DEATH KING! He's the king of death...which makes him nifty.

Magnetic swing arm? What could that be for?

THIS IS WHAT IT'S FOR!

Sproing!

-Mason

Anonymous User
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Lurve these toys so dearly. My lack of knowledge
> of them makes them seem somehow even sweeter in my
> mind!
>
> hillsy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ...I think I DO need to find a
> > copy of "Takara SF Land", though...
>
>
> Second that, dude. Yo, if anyone has a line on
> this publication, first send to hillsy, then me!
> :D

I've got a copy.....

It's not vintage, but it's Acroyear and Mason gave it to me and I love it.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
mcfitch (Admin)
Nice. And technically Mark gave that to you since he gave it to me and I thought it was the vintage one :D
-Mason

Sanjeev (Admin)
Well...technically, Mark gave it to me to give to Mason, who eventually gave it to Ben...and there ya have it!
mcfitch (Admin)
And more! I just got these from YJ. Ok, I got them a month ago and just now had the time to open and enjoy them. Same diff.

Twin Combat. Stickers on sheet and missiles on sprue...

Now defiled with stickers and missiles ravaged from their slumber as Takara intended.

Peek-a-boo

mcfitch (Admin)
DEATH KING IS MINE!

Again with the missiles on sprue and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2009 02:10PM by mcfitch.
Twin combat was my first diaclone. If you don't count the triple change helicopter that I had as a kid. Great concept - a robot that turns into a robot. You've got the Double Soldier too, right? Love that name, Double soldier.

Jean Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren in..

DOUBLE SOLDIER

This time, it's gay
Sanjeev (Admin)
OH man...so fucking hot! I love the little yellow guy living inside Death King. Wonder what rent's like there...

And good on ya for stickering up that Twin Combat. Play with them toys!
I REALLY like this stuff. I REALLY don't want to get into this stuff.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
mcfitch (Admin)
FINALLY! 7-2-1. Crappy phone pic but the toy and styrofoam are so mint it will hurt you in the brain. Almost everything's on sprue and stickers are unnaplied. This will all change as soon as I have enough time to properly enjoy and photograph it.

-Mason

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 09:28PM by mcfitch.
That blows my house up!
Very cool looking set. Chrome, MMMmmmm!
one of the best microman toys. You can do a lot with it. It's almost like a Blockman toy, and it's of course compatible with them.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Can't wait to see more of this guy. I've never handled a 7-2-1 in person...
Anonymous User
That reminds me. I need a Death King. Those photographs makes it look like such a fun toy.

Not Diaclone or Microman, but eh:

Aw, you guys suck. I want everything in this thread. Good lord I wish I had the money to blow on that crap.
mcfitch (Admin)
Oh yes people. Oh yes!

-Mason

mcfitch (Admin)

mcfitch (Admin)

mcfitch (Admin)

mcfitch (Admin)
Home:

-Mason

There was a point where I too wanted to go all out with Takara but didn't. What a great assembly you've got there. Nice to look back over those previous photos as well. Thanks so much for sharing these - much better than thumbing through SF Land!
mcfitch (Admin)
Ugh. I still need that book but I can't bring myself to pay $150 for it. I just lost an auction yesterday for it on ebay at $80.
-Mason

mcfitch Wrote:
> Ugh. I still need that book but I can't bring
> myself to pay $150 for it. I just lost an auction
> yesterday for it on ebay at $80.
> -Mason

The Takara SF-land is nice, but the pictures are too small. Use sites like micro-forever and diaclone-net instead:

[www.microforever.com] or

[www.diaclone.net]

/markus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer