[BROG] J999

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Discuss Sasuraiger now. I demand it.

[toyboxdx.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
Gimme some sassafras....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2009 06:39AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - sasuraiger_head.jpg (258.4 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)

Attachments:
open | download - bryger.JPG (62.5 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)

You decarded Bryger??

bastard
<--- Jealoooooous!

God I love that Baxinger vinyl with the transforming motorcycle parts. Sas's slick as well, congrats.

How hard are those to find? There's an HK dealer on ebay with a couple of the smaller vinyl sets including Baxinger but I've not seen the standard size one.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
gattai that baxinger bitch.. do it!!

when I see you in 12+ hrs I'm gonna make it hurt...
Sanjeev (Admin)
How tall are these, Matt?

Color me brown with envy.
Did you ever finish off that sofubi Dougram collection?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
Bryger was thankfully de-carded once already, but the bubble is stapled rather than glued down anyway.... So now I can re-card and sell it as "NRFB," $uck@z! Mwa ha ha.

These guys are considered "standard" sized (as compared to the more common real-robo "mini" scale) so they're about 7.5" tall. They're definitely harder to track down than the minis but aren't super rare.

And yeah, I finished the Dougram collection -- thanks to you and Duban! ON THE WELFARE TIP!!! You guys rock.
So I grabbed the Big Size Sasuraiger I showed you last night, Matt... Now I've gotta prowl around for some Baxinger... I like the vinyl you posted, but I've also already got what I assume is a bootleg transformable plastic Baxinger somewhere in storage missing a leg...

[prometheusrising.net]
Hey again, I found the vinyl Baxinger on YHJ, but it's BIN 9800Y, which seems like alot, considering I snagged Sas for 1800Y.

[prometheusrising.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 10:07PM by Prometheum5.
MattAlt (Admin)
I dunno! I got mine years and years ago. All I can say is, bid what makes ya feel good. Prices for vinyls can really vary all over the board, even for the exact same piece.
MattAlt (Admin)
By the power of some random shit I found at Mandarake last weekend, I HEREBY RESSURECT THIS THREAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2012 12:44AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - baxxxx.jpg (348.8 KB)
open | download - bax1.jpg (272.8 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
I'm not seeing any hot Baxinger talk. You're all banned.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I don't know squat about Baxinger, but that purple dood (villain?) is divine. Nice pickup!
What a gyp! I came in with the first post promising a SausageRanger fest, and then there's all this Baxinger talk.

For reals, the Baxinger/Mustanger and Acrobunch/Pentabot are some real nostalgia for a lot of US kids, seeing the big, mysterious, motorsickle bots on toy shelves. No TV shows, just some sparkly chrome ancient Asian craziness showing up in the stores.

Memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think Baxinger mostly was seen in the northeast, in the smaller stores, drugstore toy section, etc., usually the smaller plastic toys, or model kits.

Then Matt goes all showing off with his genuine, bonafide, vinyls! Are they all marked TT?

Oh yeah, and what's with the "GALE"? Is there a massive wind from the "Galactic"? Do the bikes whoosh around so fast it's like a typhoon? STOP inciting my curiosity about biker bots!
I've never seen an episode of "Baxinger" but always happily imagined that since the robot was composed of motorcycles, the individual motorcyclists had to hang on for dear life while they were in gattai mode.
MattAlt (Admin)
These are TT -- only Takatoku would package such unrelentingly cheap vinyls in such opulent packaging. For a brief moment I thought I'd completed the collection, then realized there are like five or six other minor variations of the character in vinyl out there. Amazing that the show deserved such merchandising.
I definitely grew up with Pentabot/Acrobunch as an integral part of my robot army since Christmas 1987!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
I got an unused vintage KO DX Baxinger MIB recently (forget if it was the motor jumbo version or not, it's still in the shipping box with some unused godaikins I got. It had everything except the missiles (but had their sprues).. I had never seen one of these in person before, I was kind of hoping it would have a bit of die cast but nope. Did the Takatoku original have any? Anyway, the curious thing about this one is mine came with an overlay. Not cardboard and cello, but something along the lines of a screen printed large size overhead/transparency to lay across the top of the tray. It has the graphics drawn to mimic where the cardboard and words are, but does absolutely shit for assisting keeping your toy in place though.

Sorry for the semi-zombie bump, but since Matt said there wasn't enough Baxinger talk I thought I'd chime in.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 11:24PM by Mr. Ginrai.
The takatoku has some diecast in the chest, and some inner diecast in the legs.

also, Four Star did a KO that was in Kmart's. Cy Robot or something like that.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Man...a rare machinesoldier appearance!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer