Fugly Challenge

Posted by Mike Parisi 
Mike Parisi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another marvel from the famed Sun AI Toys company,
> 1985.

I totally have the wings to this toy!! Brought them to the East Coast Summit this year to show JoshB, I thought they were from a Tryder G7 boot that was molded from plastic like the big plastic cars you would get at phamacies and mom and pop stores, ridiculous!

EDIT: It didn't carry the pic over. Page 2 of thread on default settings, Mike P's post from August 13, 2007 to get the image link. A sad fate for Tryder and Mach Attacker indeed!

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2012 12:06AM by Mr. Ginrai.

Silver Bat

Sanjeev (Admin)
That is glorious.

And I think Fraser needs it! :P
Apeman = T-28 fugly grail. Sick!
Thanks Mike. Sanjeev, i think C-10 has bigger fish to fry, but he might want the tin original if he could find one with a mint box.
Oh boy, if Dave doesn't have that bootreggy ape, he's gonna get all heebeejeebees for it now.
Sanjeev (Admin)
C-Tizzle always has bigger fish to fry...that's why his collection's so dope. But it would be an interesting battle between him and Dave for something like this! :P
is that even tin? looks plastic to me.
crap Dave, missed this. I need a clone of myslef.

My Little Creepy Kaiju Pony

[io9.com]

Greedo spaceship
cae
Airgam!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer

Deserves a mention, due to "fugly overdrive"

[ngeekhiongex.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
Yes, this is like legitimized and institutionalized fugly! I totally thought it was a boot when I first saw it.
I'll admit, the absurdity of it all makes it one of the new toys that I'd really like to buy.

And on that note, here's one Japanese robot toy from my childhood that I don't feel the need to run out and get.
It had some cool features, spring-loaded missiles, tons of accessories & interchangeability, but the over all design leaves me wanting less, not more.

Zel Robot!:

Not sure if these have been posted before (there are 21 pages of stuff here!), but I have a few to add over the next few days. First, a Gardian KO:

"Fusts can shot out"

Nice find...
Here are a couple of crazy inflatable mashups:

Sanjeev (Admin)
The hideous smiles on those robots truly bring the fug...but that Koji below looks perfect to me. Nothing fugly about him...
This is one I would love to have. Its a Goggle V bicycle siren.

And they also did some type of Ultraman-ish hero. Anyone recognize him? It eludes me.

Looks a leeeetle like Ultraman spinoff Andro Melos:

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

pic of the back
Yeah, that sure looks like Andro Melos to me!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Thanks for the ID. Never heard of it before.

Anyway, one more before the weekend. I was going to wait until I received this (it is hopefully en route), but seeing that Fridays are notoriously slow on forums, here goes...

Space Squad Goggle Caesar. A near-perfect Fugly. Instantly recognizable, weirdly functional (bump and go action!) and totally absurd. Cheap to. For now. ;)
Yeah, I got mine for a great price. But as you point out, I suspect that the next one will climb through the roof. Its the nature of things we post here. ;)

I just had to get it. I love's me some Goggle Caesar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 07:22PM by Kingboy D.
Case in point:

[www.ebay.com]
i subscribe to this thread and you guys have been blowing up my inbox lately :)

new fugs! it's kind of funny how the price of fug can increase, you all are spreading the fug virus all over the internet, lol.

mike, i'm still sitting on that spare ninja hero rider fugly TMNT bootleg, i forgot if you wanted it or not.

i dug around my photo bucket, here's another fug dump.

these 90s guys all have transformation based on transformers sludge, buddy L used the same one in their simple dinobot KOs but these are elephants and tigers, etc...

massive b/o KO. that heads been used on mike's beloved pincher chest bots but this ones a centaur and has bad ass chest-face and skull belt. the headless Remco body is for scale, it's about the same size as a vintage he-man fig. if anyone needs it its for sale or trade

b/o starriors KO with dino head and starriors weapons. the vehicle is a MOTU roton vehicle they added legs on.

i uploaded the contents of a random box on some transformers forum. the topic was how you store your stuff and I said in boxes, whenever I randomly grab one to explore I always find cool stuff I forgot I had. this is more bootleg and diaclone gold than fug. but the neon pencil case with optimus and max from macross and the shitty blaster KO on hte upper left sure are fugly.

finally, i found a space cock :)

[s117.beta.photobucket.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 11:12AM by jason jupiter.
Mike Parisi
Case in point:

[www.ebay.com]

Saw that, and its brother. But these appeal to more than just the robot collectors - these appeal to the superhero collectors and Mego collectors.

I have thought about selling mine for quite some time (just the Superman and Batman ones), since they are not really in the genre of what I collect. But at the same time, they are part of a set, so they have remained for now.
Ah man...that Nebular fugly has been on my radar forever. So cool to see pic, I'd only seen the drawing.

I nabbed the Frog thing a few months back Jason...sorry I didn't get back to you!
jason jupiter

i uploaded the contents of a random box on some transformers forum. the topic was how you store your stuff and I said in boxes, whenever I randomly grab one to explore I always find cool stuff I forgot I had. this is more bootleg and diaclone gold than fug. but the neon pencil case with optimus and max from macross and the shitty blaster KO on hte upper left sure are fugly.

Man, I love that bootleg black Megatron. I have a real one, but the damn thing broke. Sigh. When I was a kid, I briefly had that exact bootleg until my parents (who didn't want me to have a toy gun) secretly through it away. Sigh.
Very cool pick ups Jason! Where did you manage to find the space cock?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gotta say...that Starriors-MOTU boot is delightful!
Nebular Warlords are a particularly interesting line of fugly toys. The effort that went into uniform branding, packaging, toy complexity...even the comic "book" that came with larger toys, all pretty unique for a Chinese company back in the 80's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 05:39PM by Mike Parisi.
Hmm...that MOTU/Starriors mashup looks familar....

DSCF4852 by MicroBry, on Flickr
Well looky there. The Nebular Warlords family tree story continues to unfold. Nice one!
this thing just sold for crazy money...820.00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 05:57PM by Mike Parisi.
That Nebular reminds me of my favorite "fugly" in my collection, Jim Woodring's Mr. Bumper:

Jim Woodring's Mr. Bumper meets Bwana Spoons' Killer (Beer Floater version) by MicroBry, on Flickr

More info:

[www.millionaireplayboy.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer