Fugly Challenge

Posted by Mike Parisi 

Sanjeev (Admin)
That is FAR from fugly...that's glorious.
I ordered a couple of these 7.25" polyresin statues from amazon.com. I'll be sure to infest this thread with one if it turns out to be as suitably fuglawesome as it appears.

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2011 04:02PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 41x%2B9glTpqL__SS500_.jpg (19.3 KB)
Here's another for you Sanjeev...it's a bootleg: Superman.

Sanjeev (Admin)
Aww, poopy...that's awwwwesome...
...and Batman,

<I ordered a couple of these 7.25" polyresin statues from amazon.com. I'll be sure to infest this thread with one if it turns out to be as suitably fuglawesome as it appears.>

These aren't that bad. Like you said, just a big chunk of unarticulated polystone of that character. Paint on mine is nice.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Scopedog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I ordered a couple of these 7.25" polyresin
> statues from amazon.com. I'll be sure to infest
> this thread with one if it turns out to be as
> suitably fuglawesome as it appears.

Is that thing licensed? I presume it is...and if so, I'm not sure if it qualifies for this thread! ;)
no sir, Mr. Mike, that's clearly Night Owl
MSW
Scopedog Wrote:
> I ordered a couple of these 7.25" polyresin
> statues from amazon.com. I'll be sure to infest
> this thread with one if it turns out to be as
> suitably fuglawesome as it appears.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

I seen these statues before about 4 to 5 years ago. I used to have a friend who was always getting himself into those "Get rich quick!" AMWAY direct marketing pyramid scheme things. He sat me down one day, with a little catalog with dozens of "designer" knives/swords and various knick knacks, and those (3 IIRC) statues were in there. And then he tried to sell me on the company...something about online stores...Were I sign up with the company and they create a online store front in my name to sell their products. Then I'm supposedly just to kickback an watch my commission roll in...Sign me up! :P
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
Mike Parisi Wrote:
>

R E G U L A S ! ! !
If Regulas has charmed the Chairman, it must truly be bad-ass ;)
I'd love to know more about these...

Not quite as cheesy or fugly as I expected and definitely worth every penny of the $7.85 I paid. Even better because it didn't come with a multi-level marketing sales pitch!

[www.amazon.com]

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2011 08:48AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG02099-20111025-2159.jpg (254 KB)
open | download - IMG02108-20111025-2201.jpg (251.8 KB)
HVAC-Robo, heh!

good god Mike, that regulas must have been inspired by a peyote weekend bender. This Dr Who talker seems bland in comparison, but still kinda fugly.
Mike Parisi Wrote:
> I'd love to know more about these...
>
>

They look like a cross between the mini Shogun Warriors gokin and the Microman engine Titans.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Awwww...nothing fugly about K9, Jim! He kicks ass!
Gokin-Italiano

The only thing more ridiculous than this toy is the name:
Naughty Gorilla.

Not sure if these truly qualify as "fugly" but certainly cheap. These can be had at Dollar Tree right now.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Ok, so not a boot....but it could have been.

One of the never-ending variations of "Shockwave". This one is very spical.

Muah!

HOLY CRAP WHAT IS THAT VOLTES????????!!!!!!!!!! How tall? Any makers marks on it? Better pics??? Be aware, dave will most likely break into your house cause I don't think he has one of these, though I could be wrong...
You're wrong.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
Watersports Zaku.

Mike, that's not a Shockwave bootleg, it's a bootleg of the GoBots Convertible Laser Gun by Playtime. It was allegedly designed originally by ToyCo, the creators of the toy Shockwave is based on. Not sure that I buy that ToyCo actually designed it, but here you go: [www.robot-japan.com]

[tfarchive.com]

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Ya, sorry... my lack of post details is not always poor research, I swear. I mentioned "Shockwave" just because it's the most recognized of that general phenotype. I suppose if we were talking Linnaean taxonomy it would be a subspecies of astromagnidae. heh...

fugly gimp toy
Sanjeev (Admin)
I don't know if I've ever seen an Ooze-It with the plugs in...he looks kinda silly! Reminds me of old folks in a swimming pool, with goggles and nose plugs!

This would be so cool if it wasn't for one thing: low quality plastic. Sub-Korean even.

Another Arge-Bot:

:)

Comes in a set with a b/o "clown car" that is attached at the waist. I've seen several different colorways, this one is actually my least favorite...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer