Fugly Challenge

Posted by Mike Parisi 
I'm in Cali, but somehow I think Jim's pad is waaaay more interesting than mine.

HA! Thats only because you dont have anything set up Mike.
heh, someday Jim, someday.

But for now individual pics must suffice. Here's an all time favorite:

Heman/batman on a Chinese dragon trike or whatever.

Why do I always get all "Beavis & Butthead" every time I see the word "Space Cock"?
Looking for a better specimen....

The Space Cock is a legend! Awesome.
This guy sure thinks so:
[www.youtube.com]

I knew this toy was special awhile back, but was totally validated when I showed it to my old pal Tim Biskup who pretty much *freaked* when he first laid eyes on it. The head sort of resembles his paintings....

[dailydujour.com]

Anyway, here's one of the crazier Guardian fugs:

Oh man, I love Girl Gordian! That is cool. I would love to get one of those goofy things.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Grendfugly

and another

so you managed to track down the elusive space cock Mike ? where did you find one ?
Random Ebay scores. Somehow I landed both versions within 48hrs of each other, one I paid too much the other I paid practically nothing.

the bleeding headlight just kills me
Love those last 2! Especially that the Frankenstein toy looks more like Dracula and on the box he's wearing a bathrobe!! WTF??

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert

"You really don't look anything like your profile picture sir"
"Sheeeesh....It's not like you've been totally honest yourself lady!"

"...and why did you bring your kid on the date?"

-dylan
A beautifully painted, 7-points of articulation (barely) Combattler. Anyone ever seen this one before?

Generally I *loathe* this type of robot toy.....but this one has a little Voltes V blood goin' on, and that makes it work for me.

Does it still work?
Sanjeev (Admin)
And why the loathe? Looks pretty dapper to me!
Still works...

This is a really common configuration with low-end b/o bots. Believe it or not, I strive to find fuglies that have *some* kind of redeeming charm, and most of the toys produced in this style have almost none. This one has much nicer details than the average, and the Voltes head pushed it past my general repulsion of such things. Still, it ain't no Frog-o-Tron:

Sanjeev (Admin)
Frog-o-tron is definitely awesome. For some reason, I'm picturing his head as a "mecha-kappa"!

Anyway, I'm now curious as to how shitty those other low-end b/o guys are...

Too fugly for MP??? The hell you say!
This one is pretty bad:

[cgi.ebay.com]

I mean, maybe this will have charm one day, but I will be too fucking old to care.
Another typically banal-bot:

All these need are some sculpy and paint and stickers and love and better electronics and then they would be killer.
Sanjeev (Admin)
OH...these dudes...yeah, nah, I hear that. They are pretty fugly though! :P
I can't tell you how much I love this toy.

Hello All:
Long time lurker. Basicaly first post and as usual I have a guestion for you.I do not mean to hijack this thread. I love Fugly toys and am enjoy all the toy pictures. I understand who the larger figures are in the attached pic but who the hell is junior. I have seen it at flea markets and thrift stores but usualy missing pieces and want to find a complete toy. Thanks in advance for any and all answers,
Have Fun !
Mr. Jan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 01:35PM by Mr. Jan.
Attachments:
open | download - a1hmyr.jpg (140.4 KB)
Some real treasures in there Mr. Jan! Would love to see hi-rez pics :)
I'm embarrassed to say that I have completely forgotten the same of the series...it's Bandai, early-mid 2000's, short lived but released in the USA. Dangit, the name is escaping me!
Bid on, but did not win :(
Truly, a Fugly to be desired. From Argentina:

Mr. Jan it is from a line called JAGUN FIGHTERS by Bandai
Thank You Josh. I totally blanked on that one.
Was bidding, but the seller pulled it :(

Mike Parisi and JoshB:
Thank You for your replies and info.
Mike's info narrowed it down to 2,537,985.5 possabilities. I had fun looking at all the pictures and sites. Wore out my mouse. (That doesn't sound right.)
JoshB's info narrowed it down to 2.
Ordered it through Amazon.com. Never thought to look for a gaming figure.
As a reward (or punishment ) here are some Fuglies from my stash.
Disco Diarugger is so cheapy made I should have got back half of the $2 price back.
2 Gundam knockoffs. Don't bother taking them out.
Carnival Kaiman rider's head lights up and when you swing it around (that's right) it makes tinky tinky music.
Thanks Again and Have Fun !
Mr. Jan
Attachments:
open | download - Diarugger1.JPG (448.9 KB)
open | download - gundam2.JPG (401.5 KB)
open | download - Kamnrd1.JPG (233.3 KB)
cae
OMFG I am in lust!

Mike Parisi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't tell you how much I love this toy.
>
>

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
I see your disco Dairugger and raise you a double cockpit Disco Millennium Falcon

Yeah!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer