Vintage Venezualan Mazinger Z jumbo discovered

Posted by Nekrodave 
if you didn't see in the other forum, Juan Carlos Azpurua (who first brought the Famosa jumbos to our attentions) came across this old catalog of Venezuelan toys. Oddly, though it is featured on the cover, apparently there is NO MENTION of this Mazinger Z jumbo inside. So we've no idea who made it or if it was even released.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
mcfitch (Admin)
Baby rape Mazinga?!?!?!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
"A Toy Liberalization?"
Besides the ODD choice of poses for this thing, I find something interesting. There is not Pilder in it's head. Almost like it was dremmeled out.

-Ray

GREAT BIG SOFUBI LOVE!
pocketmego Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Besides the ODD choice of poses for this thing, I
> find something interesting. There is not Pilder in
> it's head. Almost like it was dremmeled out.
>
> -Ray

It's kinda hard to see in this shot, but with this peice there is the peg in the head that thw pilder locks onto. Interesting that they'd put the peg in and then not include a pilder with it though.
My only experience with Jumbos is Shoguns, so I am not very familiar with the original Mazinger Z Jumbo. Was its Pilder removable as well?

-Ray

GREAT BIG SOFUBI LOVE!
mcfitch (Admin)
Yes, that was the control mechanism to keep it from raping baby dolls. Unfortunately (for the baby doll above) this little scamp has freed himself of his pilder control system.
-Mason

pocketmego Wrote:
> My only experience with Jumbos is Shoguns, so I am
> not very familiar with the original Mazinger Z
> Jumbo. Was its Pilder removable as well?
>
> -Ray

Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Mason, lay off the Mazinger!

Crawling around in a such a tight diaper, with a dress with red (yeah, the color of passion) polka dots, and one that comes off pretty easily by the looks of it, what do you expect a super robot to think?! That infant was probably asking for it.

My only experience with Jumbos is Shoguns, so I am
> not very familiar with the original Mazinger Z
> Jumbo. Was its Pilder removable as well?
>
> -Ray

Yep Ray the pilder was removable. They were released with a hover pilder and later versions had a jet pilder (different sticker and sculpt). Here's Dave's review of the Unifive version.

[www.collectiondx.com]

Attached are pics for reference
Attachments:
open | download - gj05.JPG (149.6 KB)
open | download - mazpilder.JPG (346.8 KB)
Almost forgot:

No pilder...no missile clips on the shoulders...no waist sticker?

The other famosa's all had stickers and missile clips???
bradw Wrote:
> Almost forgot:
>
> No pilder...no missile clips on the shoulders...no
> waist sticker?
>
> The other famosa's all had stickers and missile
> clips???

Yes, that is true. But so far, the theory, eh, rather than type it all up, I'll just link you to Tom's MySpace blog...

[blog.myspace.com]

This makes alot of sense to me. I assume the reason it doesn't have a sticker or pilder is that it maybe wasn't a finished product or something like that.
Cool, odd thing is that the missile racks on the shoulder screw on, but sit on a tall ridge in the mold, this mold doesn't seem to have one?
New news about this toy.

[www.collectiondx.com]

ps- in order to find this thread quickly, I just did a quick search for "baby rape". Thanks, Mason.

mcfitch (Admin)
I'm just glad to help dave. Thankfully that wasn't done on a work computer.

BTW with the rash of troll nostalgia this week how about that pocketmego eh?
-Mason

Man, that's pretty cool. Of course, now you'll never find any rest until you get your hands one!
Exciting news indeed!
mcfitch (Admin)
The baby rape?
-Mason

*shudders to think where the pilder could have gone and disappeared into*

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
What I want to know is why the photographer decided to pose these toys like that... What happens in Venezuala stays in Venezuala.
No, Z, nooooooo!!!

Seriously, since the last post in this thread a few things have happened. It's been confirmed that the Spanish Mazinger Z was NOT made by Nacoral, but by a company called "BRB Merchandising" and that this yellow version from Venezuela (maker still unknown) is a knockoff of that.

Also, as you can guess, I managed to get one.

Erik Sjoen (Admin)
I'm totally confused dude. So do you have two of these guys now?

You should trick one out with some reproduction Popy stickers. LOL! ;)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait--so, the most suitable thing you could find for him to molest was a bagged Kamen Rider Amazon mini!? Hahhaha!
@Erik, no, just the one. I just hadn't "reported" it here till today.

@Sanjeev, I'm happy to report that unlike some people, I don't buy my toys based on their level of... molestability?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer