[CAMERA FUN] Popy Jumbo Grendizer

Posted by Sanjeev 
Sanjeev (Admin)
I thought I'd share my first major Jumbo purchase with y'all. Picked this beauty up last week from a very cool guy here in MA...who may just be a board member, too! ;)

I took these two quick pictures outside just now. The Pats are playing like shit against the Dolphins (as usual for this matchup)...so I need something to cheer me up. So...Enjoy!

(oh, the clipped-vane missiles are actually from the 2nd version Shogun Great Mazinger...I just didn't feel like taking Grendizer's missiles out of their baggie!)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2009 12:35PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - grendy1.jpg (386.3 KB)
open | download - grendy2.jpg (342.4 KB)
That's a nice clean one !
Good find. : )
mcfitch (Admin)
Excellent shots of an excellent toy.
-Mason

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthewalt "I actually kinda LIKE that approach! You know: let's make a TOY. Remember those? Products designed to be played with without breaking? DO YOU REMEMBER, LOVE?!"
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks, guys! Yeah, it's gorgeous...now to get me a Spacer for 'im! (eep!)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Awesome pictures! I like how they show off the size of the toy.
Glad you mentioned about the missiles, I was confused for a second, seeing short vanes on them. Nice pics though.

Thanks for buying this so I couldn't.... ya son of a bitch.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
wow , its in amazing shape !
Excellent angles on those shots, really adds to the massive levels of awesomeness in the toy!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks, guys!

Nekrodave was just telling me the other day that the High Dream "jumbo" is apparently out.

[robotjapan.proboards12.com]
(hehe...man, I love reading robotjapan-ers who can't handle unit conversions!)

Under $200 certainly isn't bad...but then after looking at those pics...then at the Popy Jumbo....hehe...no contest!

--
Sanjeev

-Nekrodave
> (hehe...man, I love reading robotjapan-ers who
> can't handle unit conversions!)

Heh, ever since Google started converting units (and currency!) automatically when you type in "N cm to in" and vice versa, I haven't had any problems with measurements.

Someone should write a little script for a webpage with columns for "height of the robot in the show" and "height of the toy", rows for English and metric measurements, and a seperate input/display box for "scale of the toy". That would be totally sweet.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer