Top Five "Rarest" Chogokin

Posted by Mike Parisi 
Not necessarily the most desirable, but rarest. Just curious what your thought are in 2006 :) I'm excluding special editions like mail-away or promotional toys.

My guess would be (in no particular order)

Mark - God Mazinger
Takemi - DX Pegas
Bullmark - Robokress DX
Clover - Zanbot DX
Takatoku - Galvion DX
I don't know Gokin like you guys, but I search God Mazinger everyday and those Mark diecasts have been up ono Yahoo a TON in the last year. Almost at a one per month rate. One seller in particular listed at a bunch himself. Must've either hit the motherload somewhere or been sitting on a stash since back in the day. Not sure how that affects its overall rarity, but I just know it's a hell of a lot easier to get now than it used to be.

"There's no Bigfoot in The Awakening." -James Bickert
JoshB (Moderator)
How about Popy black Raideen and Daltanious? or the flame version of the new godphoenix?
mcfitch (Admin)
Josh,
He's excluding special editions. I'd imagine that these fall into that category.
-Mason
I had the Tekemi DX Pegas MIMB.

that was the heaviest thing made ever. wish i still had it...

>Mark - God Mazinger
Takemi - DX Pegas
Bullmark - Robokress DX
Clover - Zanbot DX
Takatoku - Galvion DX

I agree with Nekorodave - it's come up a lot lately and so while I thought it was "rare" for the longest time I'd have to say that it doesn't seem rare any more...

The DX Pegas along with the "DX" Sanzen Gakeen and the Bullmark Robo Kress do seem to be a bit "rare." Even if they're not "rare" per se they're quite coveted and command some $$.

I don't think the DX Zanbotti is particularly rare though. Not nearly as much as the three mentioned above.

I'm sure there are some R@@@RE "Rock Lords" out there that I'd like to know about...

Drawing a blank on some others but there's also...

- Clover "ST" Zanbo Ace
- Clover Gundam White Base ("rare" or just expensive?)
- Bullmark Diapolon UFOs...

Oh yeah, the Black Reideen counts. I don't think that was a mail away - as far as I know it was sold "over the counter"...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2006 05:30PM by Robaato D.
cae
Takatoku Ultraman Leo?

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Black DX Gordian
Black DX Godsigma

I know the thread stated for non mail aways, but I'm throwing these two in anyway. I'm not even sure how they were sold and only saw them once - At Magic Box. Seem more rare to me than DX Black Daltanias.

DX Friction GaKeen by Sanzen
ST Zanbo Ace
1st version Mazinga Z? Or have they been popping up since I've been out of it.

How much does the original Mekabuton show up? I know the fragile tin wings suggested a low production run or something. I thought Yatter Ankoo was really rare at one point, but probably not so much any more.
...well the chrome Laserion would be in that batch as well then. I had the opportunity to buy that thing for 125.00 at Johnson Imports SF, back in...92 I think. I thought it was ugly.
>How much does the original Mekabuton show up? I know the fragile tin wings suggested a low production run or something.

Not TOO often, but I don't think it's nearly as rare as some of the others mentioned here.

>I thought Yatter Ankoo was really rare at one point, but probably not so much any more.

This one I see from time to time... Maybe every 2-3 months or so.

What is the story with the red DX Godphoenix? Is it indeed a mail-away? I can't remember if I've ever seen that outside of the shot in the Green Arrow #13.
MattAlt (Admin)
The Mekabuton is actually pretty common, as are all of the Time Bokan toys (even the Dokuro and the Ankou have been showing up pretty regularly at Japanese shops. The trick is finding them in mint condition.) And there seems to have been a hidden cache of God Mazingers discovered since they've been popping up all over Yahoo Japan recently.

I almost never see mint boxed original specimens of the first-version GA-01 Mazinger Z, so that would get my vote. Takemi's DX Pegas has to be up there too. I don't think I've seen one in any condition since coming to Japan.

I think the really rare toys are minor things that aren't really on anyone's radar, like the build-it-yourself Popinika Kamen Rider Cyclone set.
Or Popy Meisaku Series Obake Q-Taro?

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Isn't one of the Takemi Machine Blaster's hard to find?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
I'm not too sure how rare this is in the grand scheme of things, but I've been looking for a Takatoku DX Baxinbird for over two years. Haven't seen a-one.

That and the Clover Xabungle Pura Robo, but that isn't a gokin...

Vincent, you're thinking of the Takemi Sandaio, which isn't all THAT rare, unless you want one that isn't broken :)
I've never gone toy shopping in Japan, so my info is based on what I've seen on YJ.

Popy GA series : GA-57 water ninja
Popy GB series : GB-01 Head of Daltanious in separate box
Takatoku : Machine Hiryu
Popinica : Mini Mini Mach Rod (PA-02) & Mini Mini Side Machine (PA-03) MOC

Are there things that are easy to find in local stores in Japan but never show up on YJ?
I believe that a Clover "ST" Zanbo Ace just ended on Yahoo Japan in the last few days - did anyone bookmark this?

Also, the Clover Gundam Corefighter seems pretty rare - I've only seen one, but I've seen 2 of the White Bases. I don't think its as rare as some of the other items mentioned, but it is certainly not common.
cae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Takatoku Ultraman Leo?
>
> ~killfile me~

Saw the Leo in Hollywood the other day. Meltdown wanted an unholy amount of cash and my firstborn child to aquire this! Alas, I left empty handed.

I would second the unbroken Sandaio. I look for him all the time. Another one is the Bullmark Anguirus, an elusive piece for me.

cae
> Leo in Hollywood the other day. Meltdown

If that's true (and I'm not doubting you) it'd be the fourth I've ever heard of for sale.

hassenpfeffer
Is there another diecast Leo toy that is in that size range?
>Saw the Leo in Hollywood the other day. Meltdown wanted an unholy amount of cash and my firstborn child to aquire this! Alas, I left empty handed.

I am 99% sure the one at Meltdown is the Eidai "Grip" one.
Battleplan Daikengo, isn't that really hard to find as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> Battleplan Daikengo, isn't that really hard to
> find as well?
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> ------------
>
> Kiss my Asshimar.

That's Buildplan Daikengo. And no, it isn't. Just expensive.
Robaato D Wrote:
> >Saw the Leo in Hollywood the other day.
> Meltdown wanted an unholy amount of cash and my
> firstborn child to aquire this! Alas, I left empty
> handed.
>
> I am 99% sure the one at Meltdown is the Eidai
> "Grip" one.

I stand corrected. How rare is that piece? They wanted a fortune for it, although they were very high on everything I saw there.
cae
>> the Eidai
>> "Grip" one.

> How rare is that piece?

Not terribly - but it does command a decent price most of the time (at least last I checked).

hassenpfeffer
The Meka Gojira die-cast "kit" is also damn rare...never seen it myself.
cae
> Meka Gojira die-cast "kit"

Oho! Yeah - forgot about that. Saw a pink one on Y!JP last year for a low starting price. Got all excited for it then -WHAM!- the price kinda went bonkers towards the end, there.

Imagine that.

Looks like a fun version of the toy . . .

hassenpfeffer
Meka Gojira diecast kit? does anyone have a pic of it? i flipped thru my godzilla collectibles book and don't think it's in there...
the Eidai Grip one is beautiful in its own right :)

Attachments:
open | download - 600x447-p1070285.jpg (61.8 KB)
open | download - 600x471-p1070283.jpg (65.6 KB)
My Top Five is:

GA-01 Mazinger Z Mint
Bullmark Diapolon UFOs (4 items) Mint
Gakeen Sanzen DX Mint
Grip Red Impulse
Takatoku Stranger DX

>Oho! Yeah - forgot about that. Saw a pink one on Y!JP last year for a low starting price. Got all excited for it then -WHAM!- the price kinda went bonkers towards the end, there.

...a *pink* chogokin MG...wow, ok that really is VERY interesting. Anyone know if other colors were produced?
>...a *pink* chogokin MG...wow, ok that really is VERY interesting. Anyone know if other colors were produced?

Corey's post is confusing, but I know what he means. There's the Meka Godzilla kit AND a "Zinclon" Godzilla kit as well which I've only seen *once*, so I have to conclude that this one is much more R@@RE than the Meka G kit.

I'll post shots of both of them tonight. They're both really damn sweet.

>Gakeen Sanzen DX Mint

I was thinking about this and I think the Sanzen "ST" Gakeen is perhaps even more rare than the DX version!
Ah, Clubtokyo has the MG kit. The box for this one is SO damn cool...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 02:24PM by Robaato D.
Here's a shot.

Gojira kit to follow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 02:31PM by Robaato D.
Attachments:
open | download - bullmarkDieMGBox.jpg (72.2 KB)
cae
> Corey's post is confusing

D'oh.

I think it's more like "Corey is confused" . . .

hassenpfeffer
> Here's a shot.
>
> Gojira kit to follow.

Diorama = win

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
....gotta' admit, I was getting really amped about a pink MG!
Attachments:
open | download - pink.jpg (66.1 KB)
cae
Gads, I'll never live this down, will I? (not in this thread, anyway!)

Maybe this'll help - pics of what I was so inaccurately typing about:

hassenpfeffer
Attachments:
open | download - gojikit1.jpg (172.3 KB)
open | download - gojikit2.jpg (172.2 KB)
open | download - gojikit3.jpg (180.3 KB)
cae
for good measure, a comparison of the Takatoku and Eidai Ultra Leo gokins:

hassenpfeffer
Attachments:
open | download - leo-leo.jpg (178.4 KB)
Wow! I had seen the MechaG kit, but never knew about the other set. Were there any others in the "do it your self" catagory?

As far as that Leo is concerned, the head sculpt on the Takatoku is nicer but I would not frown if I had the opportunity to aquire the Eidai. Thanks for the pics!
Corey - that's the one. Man that's sweet.

>Wow! I had seen the MechaG kit, but never knew about the other set. Were there any others in the "do it your self" catagory?

Yup, the Blazer:

>I would not frown if I had the opportunity to aquire the Eidai.

It's around a lot. I think you could probably pick one up in the $100-150 range, tops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2006 01:31PM by Robaato D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer