Crystal Clear Kaiju

Posted by Paulkaiju 
Made ya look!
Hi all! Just thought I would drop by and say hello to all.
And share some juicy juicy.(I also have a complete sealed set)
"Get me outta here! I just layed a big egg an my sphincter huuurts!"

"Put me back in! I can't move!"

"Do me a favor...get the kid off my back and change those diapers!"

Paul, you magnificent bastard! I have been looking for information about those clear kaiju toys with the rubber innards for months! Please give us details, and more photos!

And are you working on any more faux Z-Gokin? Gorgo, perhaps?
Incidentally, these are the kaiju toys I mentioned two years ago and was subsequently mocked by Keith about:

[toyboxst.inwards.com]

But now Keith is collecting He-Man toys and can't be bothered with this board, so we will laugh at him. Ha ha ha.
cae
> Crystal Clear Kaiju

Oh - My - Lawd.

Why? Why won't this godforsaken hobby just LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!

(so, y'gonne give those to me? Huh? Huh? Huh?)

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Roger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paul, you magnificent bastard! I have been looking
> for information about those clear kaiju toys with
> the rubber innards for months! Please give us
> details, and more photos!
>
> And are you working on any more faux Z-Gokin?
> Gorgo, perhaps?

Haa haaaa! Sometimes I just assume everyone here knows about them.
I purchased 2 sets back in the late 80's.Turned out there are glow variations of some. The Red King I got was glow. I haven't opened up the other set so I have no idea if I have any more glow versions. I'll take more pics of the whole set soon. Great toys!

I've been taking a hiatus from boy-toys and have been producing doll accessories and custom doll eyes (ACK! girlie toys! The dark side!) to pay the bills. I've just landed a job,so hopefuly I can start collecting again!

G-g-g-GLOW? It gets worse. Who made them, and what's the name of the series? Actually, if you can put up a scan of the box it will help us find them on Yahoo Japan.

Congrats on the job. Now you can run up some healthy credit card debt with Celga or Rinkya.
MattAlt (Admin)
Oh, man, these are GREAT. Any clue as to who made 'em?
I'll need to dig out the boxed set (I still have the case box too I'm sure) in my Box storage trunk.
But it twas' Bandai!
I found a Bandai site that listed candy toys at [www.bandai.co.jp] and pored through it, looking for these guys, but I didn't find any. It's possible I missed them, though, or they weren't sold as candy toys.
cae Wrote:
> > Crystal Clear Kaiju
>
> Oh - My - Lawd.
>
>
> Why? Why won't this godforsaken hobby just LEAVE
> ME ALONE!!!!!
>

It's freakin' Hotel California, baby...you can check out any time you like, but you can NEVER leave....
Here ya go!
Haven't been here in 2(?) years. Nice to know there's still good taste at work and stuff to seek!
The real fun thing about these is when you drop them and they explode. When I first assembled the Eleking ,one of the tiny "antennae" flew out of my hand and mystereously materialised on the other far side of the room.They are super brittle so that might be the reason they are hard to find.
I did buy them in 1989,in the candy aisle back when Mitsua was Yaohan.
Box,wow 100 yen!:

In the case flat, it says "Kurisutaru Kaiju" on top of each box (I assume they mean Crystal).

Figs:

Eleking:

Gomora:

RedKing:

Icarus sejin:

cae
Paul -I love you.

hassenpfeffer
MattAlt (Admin)
CRYSTAL KAIJU! Not to be confused with crystal meth, of course. Hard to believe they're nearly 20 years old; they look very much like gashapon packages you'd see on the shelves today. There is next to no information about these obscure little guys on the 'net, so thanks for posting such great photos! I'll keep an eye out for them here in Japan and let everyone know in the unlikely event I stumble upon the motherlode.

Paul, thanks again for the info.
Reminds me of an idea for a toy I thought of, except it was Gundam and the innards would be the endo skeleton that would glow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Whoa, amazing stuff. The dollfie sitting on the kaiju is pretty cute too.
Magnificent....
MattAlt (Admin)
Here's a page with a pic of the Crystal Kaiju Gomola and some other cheapie toys. Love the "Gummy Mate" one just under the Crystal Kaiju!

I've got the Gummy mate too! Tee hee, but just Ultraseven. Ultraman, and Gomora
So what's the dollie that's on the Ultraman monster?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
That's my friends Pocket Fairy "Yoko" by Blue Fairy. Very very priceyyyy~!
Has anyone found these for me?

Find them!

I command it!
Found another Crystal Kaiju, a Baltan, here:

[members.at.infoseek.co.jp]

I think I got one, Noko-Girin!

It came up on a search for "clear kaiju", and it had "keshigomu" in the title, which could refer to the guts, which I think you can see in the picture, but which could also be just a reflection of the background through whatever this thing is made out of, which seems too translucent to be rubber.

Whatever, I only paid 100 yen for it.

Plus Rinkya fees.

Plus shipping.

Goddamn, I hope it's not just an ERASER.
cae
mmMMmm - crystal eraser . . .

hassenpfeffer
Bummer. It turns out Noko-Girin is just a clear ERASER.

Again: there is no God.
Roger,

If you happen to find god ,maybe he's in the form of a Gargamel Dogora and you need to find him?
Yes, but if you get him first I'll never find oragoD.

And what does God need a spaceship for?
Roger wrote:

<< Yes, but if you get him first I'll never find oragoD.>>

Well, I'm not making much progress on God's spaceship.

CRYSTAL KAIJU.

I just like to type it. CRYSTAL KAIJU.
cae
> I just like to type it.

And the results are . . . what? A+? B-?

(sorry - slow news day over h'yar)

hassenpfeffer
I have them now, and they're exactly the way I remember them from when I scrounged them off the floor at Club Daikaiju.

I really feel that they don't make toys like this any more. If Bandai makes a set of 300 yen Ultraman candy toys these days, they're perfectly sculpted and painted (and often static) representations of the monsters, not these clunky little toy-ish ones.

I think we've all lost something in that respect, kids and collectors alike.

(Sorry to bring you down.)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Roger Wrote:
> (Sorry to bring you down.)

The truth can hurt. But it needed to be said. Thank you.

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave
Ugh. There is something quite wrong with me to be sure.
::contemplates second mortgage::
Reviving this thread for its sheer awesomeness. I can't believe that collection Paul, and am so impressed that you grabbed the whole set back in the day when you saw them right away. These are possibly the best keshigomu/gashapon toys I have ever seen. I have not found any yet, but the hunt will continue forever.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey Steve! Nice to have ya posting over here...

These toys are pretty damn epic. Honestly, I've never been huge on most *kaiju* gashapon/keshigomu/cheap toys (robots, of course, are another story). I mean, I love random dinosaur erasers...but not so much with actual kaiju characters. But these guys in particular have the unique distinction of being clear-with-guts. And that's just plain awesome!
cae
Absolutely love this series and it still pains me that one could have spent a little effort and ended up with an entire set of these in GLOWIE - out of the 12 I have, two glow: RedKing and Mephilas ...

hassenpfeffer
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, two is better than none! I don't suppose you'd be interested in taking some glow photos of 'em?? =)
Thanks Sanjeev, I am out of my element when it comes to robos, so I generally just come for the ogling.

Glow shots would be sweet, especially if you could get the exposure down correctly to see them luminescing through the clear cases, but I know how hard it is to photo GID decently on its own.
cae
not so hard to shoot at all, actually - not if you have an SLR or like camera which you can control ... :)

hassenpfeffer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2013 06:58PM by cae.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer