Let me be absolutely clear...

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
AMERICAN MECHANICS:

[www.collectiondx.com]

Holy Shaid!
Pics attached, and makes me wonder if Bandai imported the Lambada (or was it the Macarena??) roughly a decade before it hit the US. Cool toy, still. I tell 'ya, the Pradera line is some funcky cheat stuff, and I love the series. There's a BattleFever piece on YahooJP that I want, but way too pricey...if anyone ever sees it for reasonable, pick it up for me, and I'll owe you two....
Attachments:
open | download - Shaider_A.jpg (495.3 KB)
open | download - Shaider_B.jpg (420.5 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
Ah, that's the Pla-dera ("pla-deluxe") line. Thanks!
Well, you know, for the incredibly attractive pieces of plastic that break half way out of the box on the first go, maybe it's best to name the line Puhleaze: play easy.
Anonymous User
Fairly large models with transparent cutaway parts. Doubt I'll ever build them but gotta' love that box art.

That Acrobunch is tight. You gotta build it up. At the least, can we see pieces on sprues?
Are those kits in particular rare? I'd battle a moose to find a set of my own and build em.
I can take a pic of the parts if you want. As far as these guys being rare, I have no idea...never seen them for sale.
MattAlt (Admin)
Oh man, I used to see those EVERYWHERE as a kid! Thanks for the memories. I'm not sure if they're considered rare or not -- but you're making me want to track them down and try building them.
MattAlt (Admin)
[mitsu-z.blog.so-net.ne.jp]

It warms the translucent cockles of my mechanical heart to see that half-transparent models of the Yamato are still being produced.

ummm... I may or may not know of one of the acrobunch kits that's currently for sale somewhere... pm for info if you should so desire..
I would love to see the full Aoshima line up. I'm assuming there were hundreds of sci-fi models made. Anyone ever come across that info?
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
There's this book of original characters.

pi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 12:25PM by Erik Sjoen.
Attachments:
open | download - 61EDJR1NDKL._SS500_.jpg (74 KB)
OOH! WANT THAT BOOK!
MattAlt (Admin)
Here's a link to the Amazon listing of that "mook" Erik posted. Out of print but looks like some dealers are selling it for about 2,600 yen.

[www.amazon.co.jp]

There's this one as well, an actual 200+ page book on the subject. It's great, but unfortunately out of print and expensive (around 7,000 yen). (Books like this generally aren't printed in very large numbers over here.)

[www.amazon.co.jp]

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Nice....is that the new Kikaider kit?

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice....is that the new Kikaider kit?

Marusan 12" that came out at the end of last year. Is there something newer I'm not aware of?

[prometheusrising.net]
Ah...Marmit offered an unpainted vinyl kit w/ clear parts last year. I hadn't realized Marusan had done a Kikaider recently, as well.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> Ah...Marmit offered an unpainted vinyl kit w/
> clear parts last year. I hadn't realized Marusan
> had done a Kikaider recently, as well.

That sounds pretty sweet. I've been thinking of checking out more vinyl kits. Got a Bandai Patlabor kit, and assembling a vinyl figure from parts is pretty sweet. I'm curious enough to check out one of the cheap ED-209 Thai recast kits on ebay when I get some more cash. How bad can they be?

[prometheusrising.net]
I guess Marmit did some Megalon kits last year where you could just buy the kit, or pay extra to have them assemble and paint it. With the Kikaider, they only offered it unassembled/unpainted, so Chris @ Grumbletoys offered to do it for a nominal fee (ordered the kit through them). I just don't have the wherewithal for that kind of stuff. I bet you could do some vinyl kits up nice, Ben. I always see Kamen Rider kits on eBay for decent prices.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
hillsy Wrote:
> I guess Marmit did some Megalon kits last year
> where you could just buy the kit, or pay extra to
> have them assemble and paint it. With the
> Kikaider, they only offered it
> unassembled/unpainted, so Chris @ Grumbletoys
> offered to do it for a nominal fee (ordered the
> kit through them). I just don't have the
> wherewithal for that kind of stuff. I bet you
> could do some vinyl kits up nice, Ben. I always
> see Kamen Rider kits on eBay for decent prices.

Oh yeah, I actually remember that. I almost bought the Hakaider. The 12" scale is much more impressive for character figures, I think, and this new Kikaida is awesome. Too bad it apparently didn't sell at all...

[prometheusrising.net]
Thanks for the Mook links guys. Interesting how Atlanger is the cover model on both. He must have been considered the pinnacle of character design for Aoshima, and I agree. Nothing compares to those big gattai ships though...frickin' epic.
MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly a fake Henshin Cyborg!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2011 04:47AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - tomei.JPG (79.9 KB)
It's clear that these sumbitches oughta be in this thread

glane21 Wrote:
> It's clear that these sumbitches oughta be in this
> thread
>
How...transparent.

Nice score Paul! Did you get the rest of the GearLock sets to put all together? Lots of clear little boxes and parts all through those.
MattAlt (Admin)
Very nice! That looks like it'd be a great match for the old bootleg crystal Mechagodzilla!

MattAlt (Admin)
And on that note, I also found a site with pics of Mike P.'s Acrobunch kits built up:

[sites.google.com]
[www46.tok2.com]

MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly Ga-Keen!

(I wish this were mine... *sob*)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 12:38AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - gakeen_clear.jpg (15.3 KB)
MattAlt (Admin)
This counts as cutaway, dammit.

Does a mini Q9 half transparent have something to do in this topic?
Attachments:
open | download - MiniQ9Transpa.jpg (263 KB)
...Gaban clear...mini and ST...
Attachments:
open | download - Gaban_Dynamic.jpg (170.9 KB)
Clearly Articulated

----------------------------------------------------------------
[www.collectiondx.com]

"I think those Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians! Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo! "

--Gingaioh
I had a dream that I found a 14 inch clear garamon. He started as a magnificent vinyl, but he began to deflate like a balloon, turning black as he became a floppy piece of rubber.
MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly naked beneath his clothes.... Nice find, Jim!!

[www.flickr.com]
Clearly this thread and Matt's awesome brog photos have effected my recent spending habits:

MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly a random sort of find. (Online... I wish I'd found it in real life!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 08:53PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - transMUTE.jpg (28.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer