Let me be absolutely clear...

Posted by MattAlt 
MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly, not all translucent cyborgs are Henshin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 04:52AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - 009.jpg (81.8 KB)
Oh man, I love that Guiron!! He's one of my favorites!!

That Nue looks a lot like Baragon (sorry for the non-transparent link):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2007 11:19PM by Kingboy D.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Lovely day today, here in Massachusetts. Sunny and clear skies. Couldn't help but take some outdoor shots (even though my camera doesn't do well in direct sunlight--things tend get washed out).

Anyway, enjoy this triple play of kaiju...

First, the Nostalgic Heroes or Kaijuu Ken (not sure--are they the same company???) Inbus-seijin I picked up from Super7 this summer:

Next, the Yamanaya Aboras, arriving recently from ]Kaiju-Taro:

And finally, also from Kaiju-Taro, the "spirit" versions of the GMK Mothra and King Ghidorah from Sunguts Honpo:

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2007 05:04PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 152_5206.JPG (470.7 KB)
open | download - 151_5198.JPG (422.7 KB)
open | download - sunguts_m_kg.jpg (446.1 KB)
Love the spirit GMK guys.. awesome.

----------------------------------------------------------------
[www.collectiondx.com]

"I think those Argentinians with the Italian IP addresses are the worst. You know what I call them? ArgItalians! Damn, I hates me some ArgItalians! Boo! "

--Gingaioh
To be clear, the Microman was made by Gargamel:

One of those Baltans Matt like to stick in his drinks (actual size):

Clearly I should not let the sun shine on my toys, but sometimes it slips through, and my clear M1GO Hedorah get a Fall UV bath:

MattAlt (Admin)

This "pachi-mono" (unlicensed) Mirrorman reflects my ongoing mission to find and explore new translucence. I found it at Mandarake last week for a whopping 450 yen. It was packaged in a filthy header bag:

Completely by chance, I actually stumbled across an entire display of these at a different shop yesterday. They were manufactured by a company with the rather unfortunate name of "K.K.K.," and in spite of being only about four inches tall, were apparently sold as ultra-ultra-ultra cheap competitors to Henshin Cyborg. There's a jaguar knock-off in the same series as well.

I pity the child who got these instead of the Henshins they asked for, because this is quite possibly the single crappiest toy in my collection, and that's saying a lot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2007 10:24PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - mirror.jpg (391.6 KB)
open | download - mirrorbag.jpg (264.2 KB)
Good lord. Those are the tits.

---------------------------------
[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
MattAlt (Admin)
The best part is the unrepentant lack of effort put into replicating a Cyborg's mechanical innards. Mirroman has to suffice with a scrap of purple foil-paper that somehow manages to feel even thinner and cheaper than that used for chewing gum. It's like a declaration of war on quality in toy manufacturing.
WOW, ultra-sleazy, which is ultra-good. I wonder if the same outfit made that clear Godzilla and Mechagodzilla.
I think they are. Check out datadub's sweet Ultraman Leo's:

[www.skullbrain.org]

That backer looks very much like the Gojira backer I've got.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Anonymous User
MattAlt Wrote:
> "It's like a declaration of war on quality in toy manufacturing."

Now THAT's a sig quote if I ever saw one!
Sanjeev (Admin)

--
Sanjeev

'Us Massholes straight up just don't give a fuck. I still pronounce "Mazinger" as "Tranzor Z".'
-Nekrodave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2008 02:27PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - 168_6817.JPG (242.1 KB)
You bought the blue? I bought the green!

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
From kaiwi? Ha!

Yeah, blue...he's destined for aqua glow gravel impregnation...
Anonymous User
Pretty! Where'd this one come from? Gaigan = Cyborg = Clear!
Gigabrain, I believe.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yup...Gigabrain. I haven't had a chance to scrutinize the sculpt and compare it to Marmit's Vinyl Paradise (I *think* it's VP, anyway)...

One disappointment with this toy: really thin vinyl. I'm talking Bandai-esque thinness. You can easily squeeze the parts of the figure and pull the limbs off. Not terribly disappointing, but that may put some people off...
Anonymous User
Humn - The sculpt lead me to think that it actually WAS a Bandai piece.

Thanks for the info!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nah, I *wish* it were Bandai...that would make it cheap and easy-to-find. Nah...Gigabrain means a pricetag of about 5 times higher than what a Bandai would be.

But then again, you're not going to see old-school sculpting like this on a Bandai...and you'll be damn lucky to see such a paint job on translucent blue or green vinyl.
Anonymous User
Ghost of Death Cross!!!!

The special limited edition colorway of Palisades Toys' repro Micronaut Red Falcon. Shot this quickly in my back yard yesterday evening in prep for a sale. Apologies for the underexposure...

Wrath from Heaven!

Warbird!

Clearly, Tekkaman has somewhere to be.....soon.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
AcroRay: I have to say that I bought the reissue Red Falcon and love him a lot. It seems like the quality issues that plagued the Palisades earlier re-releases finally got hammered out, but by then it was too little too late....which is a shame, because a wholesale reissuing of the micronauts/microman line would be a blessing in many ways...

As a side note the way I got my Red Falcon is by returning a Clear Red version of Baron Karza that literally self destructed the second I took him out of the package. This was a real shame, because he looked killer in clear red with black highlights....
Anonymous User
Yeah. Palisades' story is one long, sad, convoluted one. The Magnos are a bad story. We worked really hard with the factory for the 1.5 & second series of toys to make things right. Still, orders were so low that everyone lost money on 'em by that point.

Be careful with your Red Falcon if its one of the transparent variants. The transparent ones will develop cracks in the sockets of the clear pieces, sometimes.

:(
AcroRay: You know I remember seeing the 1.5s and the 2.0 on the clearance shelves at Media Play before they went under. I loved how they looked, but because of my experience with the Baron Karza I didn't pick them up....Wish I had them now (source anyone?)...

Actually, my Red Falcon is the standard color one, and he is in good shape. Should I be concerned?
Anonymous User
fel9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AcroRay: You know I remember seeing the 1.5s and
> the 2.0 on the clearance shelves at Media Play
> before they went under. I loved how they looked,
> but because of my experience with the Baron Karza
> I didn't pick them up....Wish I had them now
> (source anyone?)...

eBay's a good enough source as any. 1.5, however, was a Palisades website exclusive. That's the Marvel Comics colored Space Glider & Acroyear, the all-glow radioactive Membros and the all-new Time Traveler Medic with Medical Pod.

The 1.5's have a self-destruct in them, though: the rubber inner sheath that crosses the inner torso and supports the shoulders & neck ball melts the plastic of the body over time. You have to take the figure apart (well, not Acroyear, who doesn't have one), cut it out and replace it with some similar gauge fish-tank tube. Seriously. The factory approvals had silicone tubing for the part. The production items showed up with low-grade rubber for the part. Sigh.

> Actually, my Red Falcon is the standard color one,
> and he is in good shape. Should I be concerned?

Nope. Just don't shoot the pointy yellow missiles into your eyes. They'll stick! Any you'll scream! And bleed! (Just like a real Japanese robot toy missile should do!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 01:34PM by AcroRay.
MattAlt (Admin)
This isn't a toy, but rather a one-off custom of a 1990s Bandai Tetsujin XX-08 vinyl. Totally drool-inducing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 09:22PM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - tetujin_cutaway.jpg (460 KB)

clearly vinyl is the way to go .
Dammit Jim....you're killing me.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
How 'bout another close shot of that paper insert Mazinga?
MattAlt (Admin)
Clearly Kawamori.

[bandai-hobby.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 12:45AM by MattAlt.
Attachments:
open | download - alto_clear.jpg (38.2 KB)
Erik Sjoen (Admin)
MattAlt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This isn't a toy, but rather a one-off custom of a
> 1990s Bandai Tetsujin XX-08 vinyl. Totally
> drool-inducing.
>
> [toyboxdx.com]

Let me guess, cohiba owns it?
Usually, this model is around $90 or so on YJ, but I managed to get it for about $30 on Amazon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2009 05:05PM by chunkypuff31.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC02277.JPG (105.3 KB)
Anonymous User
The Clear of the Unknown....

Cool shot showing just how big that guy is. I always love seeing new shots of that guy.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Anonymous User
Thanks! He's up for sale again, too. Interestingly, my YahooJP proxy tried to sell it for me this past winter, but Takara had Yahoo close the auction and then asked a lot of questions.

Anonymous User
Love that Mazinger!
are my eyes bad, or do the limbs on that Kamen rider 1 show like mechanical stuff attached to pink organic muscle? if so, dude, whoa...
They do, indeed. It's only paper inserts, but still damn cool.

[pgaijin.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer