The Holy Grail of Vintage toy collecting

Posted by chen 
yes chris, i like arguing these nonsensical things.
the holy grail is defined, for each individual person. if you think about it the are no holy grails in any hobby. the rookie mantle card's value dropped after more surfaced. the real holy grail is that baseball card of that guy that did not want his card published in those tobacco card series. however, most baseball card collectors don't acknowledge it as their holy grail, much like no one will think that machine man is the holy graqil of this collecting field. little kids aren't going to think of it as their grail (maybe roberto clemente or hank aaron)... so the holy grail is defined for each individual person.

if you hate them so much, you should sell everything you own for pennies on the dollar.... if you are still looking for a fair price, you like them enough to keep them around. your hate for them cannot be measured economically if you are still trying to get above or equal to fair value. if you hate a van gogh, you will sell it under the market price just ot get rid of it.

i say the art market isw dead since there is no holy grail there. Chrsitianity is dead too since the holy grail doesn't apply to everyone. God is dead and the Pope is too (or at least should be dead).
Are you out of your mind? Why should one who hates a van gogh hate the money he can make out of it too?
the point is that if you hate it then you don't want it around. you get rid of it for pennies on the dollar. if its worth 10mln USD, then you might have to wait awhile to sell it at that price, but if you hate it, then you want to be rid of it. sell it at 1mln, then you will find buyers. you're still getting coin for it, but if you hate it then 9mln loss is worth it if you hate it so much.... so if chris really hates the toys, sell them at prices you know people will buy them at. if you ahte them sooooo much, then you should despise the fact that they are in your actual possession. so unload them all. the prices of your auctions, are above fair value. someone might want them at that price, maybe stupid enough to pick them up, but if you hate them so much, you need to drop the start price at a lower level. then you can unload them. you clearly need to take a marketing classor basic economics.

like a wife.... you want to get rid of her, then you have to pay up. otherwise you are stuck with her....
Your words are complete nonsense. If I can sell a toy for 500$ I will sell for 500$ no matter how much I hate it. Recently I bought a vintage Rolex datejust. I hated it because it caused me many problems (the bracelet was wrong and had to wait for a replacement, then the watchmaker scratched the case when installing the new bracelet... to get the case polished I had to wait 2 weeks). So I decided I hated the watch and sold it. My hate for the watch did not prevent me from selling it with a 400$ profit. You must live in your dreams buddy.

Post Edited (03-16-04 13:37)
-maybe stupid enough to pick them up, but if you hate them so much, you need to drop the start price at a lower level. then you can unload them. you clearly need to take a marketing classor basic economics.

I don't need your marketing lessons since I already passed the exam re Marketing at University. I decide my price no matter what you think. I am not going to put my robots into easter eggs just for you and your demented speak.
85th post!

Okay, I think I have it...

'the market is dead'

'therefore, I'm holding on to everything until I can get the highest dollar'

'even though I insist the market is dead and no one is ever going to buy again'

'because I am smart'

'and like money'

'I will now insult you all, the collectors'

'because you are not buying robots, and have killed the market'

'by buying other, cheaper goods'

'but don't worry, I have plenty of buyers, real collectors who have taste'

Now that I've had a chance to really consider it, your logic, like a black hole, is inescapable. I think you are 100% right. Just like my Martha Stewart stock, the market is dead, so I must hold on to that stock until I can get the highest price from these idiot buyers who don't know what good investment is. You've convinced me to buy some high-priced robots from you.

Do you have a website that I can order from? I'm looking for something I can't find anywhere else. It's a Big Scale Yamato by Popy, a special promotional piece with a diecast hull.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I am seeking a plastic Popy Tora Sobu Raideen.
Does that Yamato really exist? I have heard of people owning it, but never seen a pic. I thought it was vapor, up there with the Chokinzoku Dangaurd and Chokinzoku Daikyu Maryu...

Anyway, I think Chris brings up some interesting points, he definitley inspires people to talk..it's like a party in his mouth and everybody is coming... You know what I mean?

Post Edited (03-16-04 17:27)
cae
F E C K!

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
Lemel, I think you nailed it.

I also think that in Chris's head, the entire hobby is about buying and selling things, not actually appreciating them. Has anyone ever seen Chris post about anything but the state of "the market"? Has Chris ever said anything about a given toy other than it's rarity and/or value?

cae
> Has Chris ever said anything about a given toy other than it's rarity and/or value?

Maybe I'm incorrect but: yeah, I think he has.

Once upon a time he actually talked about toys -and posted pictures- as if he liked them.

Hell, his site has some great stuff on it that seems like actual appreciation of the toys -It's probably all a ruse, though.

= )

---------------------------------
hassenpfeffer
"Oh and YES, People look at Italy because we are the beautiful."

You are as pretty as the piece of shiit you have for your brains guy. In Kowloon we have a place for you called the pound, for the idiot dog you are, you spagetti eating pig. Pant noodle ROCKET PUNCH!!! KAPOW! In the HK toy show a kid is get killed over stickers applied. You and your venom FECK you bastardo dog. I would eat you up like like a peach and spit out your rotten pit. There is a new police in town FECK face. I sell the toys and make the insults and you just shut your stinking breath mouth, OK?

" I am not going to put my robots into easter eggs just for you and your demented speak."

No kidding dum dum. You speak like a Easter Bunny. Nibble, nibble on my pant noodle. Chop it up.

Now, all you sissy boys be quite and hear the heartbeat of the robot? NO? Why you guys so stupid? Robot is not DEAD? Chris is big capitalist pig Rolex boy with a pocket pussy. No girls to insult with that dog breath? I see the truth in your 75 posts.

I dare you ChrisItaly to apply the sticker.. I FECK you. Watch. I break you like a Pocky stick. I bend you over my knee and give you a spanking you won't forget like old uncle used to. He coming home from diecast factory and hit me with the metal. I know about the Robot Chris more than you. My Unlce find the HK Robot Co.

-------------------------------------------------

Items for sale:

SHIPPING IS $35. NO COMBINE SHIPPING!!! If pay by Paypal add the 3% fee.

- Friction Gakeen MIBa - $3500USD
- Marushin Kemlar MIBa - $1000USD
- Bullmark Diapolon Combine Set MIBa - $4000USD
- Takatoku Daikengo DX MIBa - $2000USD
- Shogun GA-05 Great Mazinger MIBa- $500USD

You have interest in my items post it here. OK?
Hong Kong sounds dangerous. :0

No time fo love docta jones
Nice prices!

Any collector that buys from anyone named "Chris" should be nominated for the Darwin Award.

Oh, wait, no suicide was committed. Maybe just Honorable Mentions...
Can I nominate this (ChrisHK) as a potential post of the year? The whole office is rolling.......
95th post!

Why is this thread still going?

[robotjapan.proboards12.com]
Because...vintage toy collecting is dead.

**sob**

-Joe

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Check out my art gallery: www.godaiking.deviantart.com
But...vintage japanese festival mask collecting....shoot, thats just getting started ;)

-Joe

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Check out my art gallery: www.godaiking.deviantart.com
You started it, Chen.

Not to say it hasn't been entertaining.

100th post!

You just wanted to get that 100th post ;-)

[robotjapan.proboards12.com]
"Can I nominate this (ChrisHK) as a potential post of the year? The whole office is rolling......."

Hey Mike Parisi!!

Funny guy in the posts, huh? You make fun? I am the ChrisHK you want no more of the fun of the post you relish you American Devil!! I break your fingers with the bamboo and fly across the room and steal all your toys. FECK me guy? I don't think you have the stamina. Ha ha ha! Funny to make fun of what happens in HK for the USA. In HK we die for toys at the toys show. You need some die man??? Me too. I take you to my collection and you fall dead, unlike the robot you female dog. OK?!?!?!
ChrisHK, are you hating of the fake as to the Mazinger-Z?

WHERE ARE THE POKER ROBOS

SOMEONE PROMISED POKER ROBOS

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
I only have two of the four...should I take pics????
ChrisHK, listen I LOVE YOU. I think you are the next William Hung. Only even more Hung, than Hung. But hey, I don't mean to be critical but... I didn't feel your insults to me personally...I really want to FEEL them like I did when you were insulting Chris from Italy. That was spectacular! So, can you try again...and just try a little harder. I mean this really. Say something funny again like "pant noodle/pocket pussy chop chop". Or the peach thing. Damn, that was a riot! I really love your work! Keep it comin' Sparky!
ohhhh the pain.....
"So, can you try again...and just try a little harder. I mean this really. "

So, this funny guy to you Mike? I give a squirt of piss to you and mommy you know. What do the 5 fingers say? You are a turtle and I FECK you in the bunny butt in this slow fast race. What laughs you have? Some stuffy work friends who sucky sucky fucky fucky. I have a family of work friends in diecast town. Trust me you little devil. I will FECK you. Try me out. I no combine shipping right in your poop chute. OK GUY?!?!
That was a bit strained, but not bad. I think you have the capacity for a more natural flow, I saw it very clearly when you were insulting the Italian. But now you actually sound Italian. Very Italian. I did crack a smile at the "poop chute" comment, but it was "aiight". I'm not sure you can make it as a pro though...you need to try a little harder. God Bless You!
110th post!

111th post!

(Just marking a spot since my signature lengthens my square, making a perfect bookmark)

---

Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For You are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup!
> I only have two of the four...should I take pics????

Please.
I've only ever seen Yellow Clubs, and only loose (but two or three times, from the same eBay seller)... do they even have packages?!

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Ya, I have Yellow Clubs and Black Hearts, both on cards. Really cool robot designs, considering the source.
-Mike
FECK!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
he's watchin you...

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)

OG, muthafukaz!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer