Scopedog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Proceed... on your way to oblivion.

I love you, man.

> No, but really, maybe this will have the added
> benefit of drawing attention to your other
> projects.

True indeed.

Also, I noticed from a comment on seibertron that there's no realistic way to contact me other than public comments on my blog and via PMs here! :P

Heh...I suck. I'ma add a contact form to my blog shortly...

Gcrush Wrote:
> FUCKED
>
> Sanjeev, I counted 14 variations on "fuck" in your
> blog post about the Throne of Chaos. You sure
> use, "a lot of cursing and fowl language."

Hey, man, you know what time it is...chicken's be cluckin'.

> I guess no one noticed the reflection of your
> naked, diamond encrusted junk in crystal clear
> finish of the stand yet. I can't wait until that
> comes up. Haw.

Ah, little do they know that my plan is actually to swipe my balls across every stand that goes out. A little me-essense in every box.

[TOTALLY KIDDING, LURKING TF NERDS...TOTALLY KIDDING]
You certainly got right to a heart of big part of the modern TF collector fanbase! heehee.
Half the comment posts on that thread are griping about the $$ THIR-TEE DOL-LARRS!! $$
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hey, man, no frontin'...I did my damndest to keep the price on these things manageable, while not compromising the design. I contacted about seven different acrylic fabricators across the country to get these things made. I ended up going with the cheapest quote...and thank the fucking gods, they also happened to be the coolest and nicest to work with over the phone. The next cheapest quote would have put the retail over $40! And, hell, a couple other fabricators simply refused to deal because they felt it wasn't worth their time!

I was just telling Ginrai today...price for anything I make is a big deal for me because I'm not one of these designer vinyl goons trying to ride manufactured "hype" while over-inflating their crap. Even Gin Gin, my fucking BABY, I took mad shortcuts here and there (especially with the packaging) to push costs down. Sure, some high roller types might've preferred a legit, fully-enclosed box over my cheap slipcase, but that woulda added $20 to the price easily. Again, some of us wouldn't mind paying that...but that woulda pushed my toy further outta many folks' price ranges...and that just ain't right to me. There're people all over the world who love Grendizer as much as I do, and my job is to do my best to make sure that as many people as possible who want a Gin Gin has access to one.

That's my philosophy...and I'm not gonna compromise on that.

Same thing with the stand.
Sanjeev (Admin)
[And by the way, I say "nerd" with utmost affection!]

There's been about half a dozen new user sign-ups on TBDX just today for the *sole purpose* of PMing me for a Unicron stand!! Why? Well, unfortunately, I guess the dude who posted that blurb on seibertron.com about the stand said that was the only way to order one! Hahaha

But y'know...technically, he was right. :P

Honestly, I didn't expect this shit to blow up the spot quite so damn soon! All my shit so far has been kept within the TBDX "family", so I only expected PMs here. I was gonna roll out a better way to contact me...eventually.

Well, due to the barrage of sign-ups today, I dropped everything and whipped up this Contact Form!

By all means, sign up on TBDX and hang around if your intention is..to...put up with our snarky, curmudgeony tirades about toys, race, and class. But if you're just looking to score a stand, simply hit me up via that form. Alternatively, you can look for the "**Contact Brownnoize**" link on my blog.

Thanks for your support!

[See, Scope...toldya I was fucked! The lady at the post office is gonna LOVE me tomorrow!]
You guys, this stand is so fucking cool. That is all.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
That's what I love about this site. On one minute Sanjeev is all business and professional and the next he is "Rubbin' his junk on all the out going orders" HAHAHAHAHA. Best laugh I've had all day!

I just finished the weathering Unicron pics. (I had to use plain fishing wire since I don't have my base yet.)
Go here for the weathered Unicron pics that I have been promising forever. Personally I like how it came out. It is amazing how much detail actually went into this figure when the panel lines are brought out. Enjoy!

All I need now is the green glow eyes and Sanjeev's base.

[www.4shared.com]

Just click on the pictures to the right to see all of the pics.
Ok I tested it. the link works.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nice, Marvin...the weathering on the back is particularly nice (since there's so much untouched detail back there), but my favorite part is probably the inside of the chest (the missile launcher). The only part that looks a little weird to me is his face--it could just be that the pics are a little over-exposed, but the mouth seems a little obscured. Oh, and I like what you did with the outside of the planet wings...I think I would have gone with a darker paint to add a little more contrast, but I don't think black woulda looked quite right. That's a tough one.

Oh, by the way, Marvin: I'm down to *three* stands left! I'm gonna order another couple dozen soon, but if you want in on the first run, you better thrown down, man! ;)
The face actually looks better in real life but the flash washes it out. I did the same thing with the face that I did with the rest but the face actually has little detail. So it wound up looking like Uni forgot to wash his face in the morning. I didn't do anything to the wings (covered shell parts) except highlight the orange parts.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh you didn't touch the back of these grey wings here?

They sorta look like *some* sort of wash was applied to them. But I may just be losing it! :P
Nope, That's how they came which is why I left them alone. I did do the bottom orange ring parts though. Can you post the rest of them here. I'll try but I'm packing to get ready and hit the road.

P.S

Sent you a PM on the base.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I'll be damned...I'll have to check out my Unicron tonight--I just don't remember that orangy wash! :P

Anyway, you got *twenty* pics, man! Don't wanna burn out folks' eyeballs! Here's a medley:

Thanks Sanjeev,

I didn't mean post them all but basically as you did, the ones that gave the best overall results.
Sanjeev! Chaos has landed! This stand is great. I was kind of worried about the clearance behind the bottom part of the ring but it turns out the tolerance is almost perfect. I love the included insert with the instructions and the Brownnoize postcard.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 09:51PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG00964-20110124-1823.jpg (201.5 KB)
open | download - IMG00951-20110124-1818.jpg (256 KB)
open | download - IMG00952-20110124-1819.jpg (232.6 KB)
open | download - IMG00957-20110124-1820.jpg (244.6 KB)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 09:51PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG00958-20110124-1821.jpg (236.9 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Looking good, man! Glad you're digging the stand!

And, hey look: I'm famouser!

I didn't foresee the height issue, unfortunately. If I'd known the whole rig would be too tall for a Detolf, I probably woulda modded the design. :/

I just made the thing just about the same height as the unicron.com stand...and I don't have any Detolfs...

Live & learn.
Mark II???

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Nah...the vast majority of the comments I've been getting privately have been overwhelmingly positive. And I like the kinda-taller look--it sorta gives sufficient room to display stuff in front of the toy, like in this shot a "fan" sent in:

Oh...all that...and I'm too lazy to redesign. :P

And by the way, I don't know if I made this clear before, but we can thank Gcrush for the dope flyer art design...and Ginrai, in advance, for pimping this thing on TF sites!

Got another couple dozen stands coming...'cause I don't know if y'all caught it on the blog, but...in seven days of the Seibertron.com leak, I sold out of ALL of the first run!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> And by the way, I don't know if I made this clear
> before, but we can thank Gcrush for the dope flyer
> art design...and Ginrai, in advance, for pimping
> this thing on TF sites!

Sheeeeit. I just did it for the ladies. Know'm sayin'?

> Got another couple dozen stands coming...'cause I
> don't know if y'all caught it on the blog,
> but...in seven days of the Seibertron.com leak, I
> sold out of ALL of the first run!

This is hardly surprising.
Sanjeev,

I read the review and the only thing I kept thinking was "Is there an unglier example of Unicron he could have put on your stand beautiful stand?"
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well...now that ya mention it...there IS that fugly green one, right???

Haha...y'know something? I think I'd take that weird black one over the green one...anyday.

And it's funny looking back now... When I first got the original Armada release years ago, I loved the thing. Totally. No complaints. I mean, who could complain--it was FUCKING UNICRON!

But now, with the 2010 out, I kinda can't stand the thing! :P

Well anyway, as for the Collecticon guy buying two stands for his Armada and black Unicrons...it's cool. I mean, he bought two stands!! Heh...he coulda blown 'em up with firecrackers for all I care! ...But instead, he said some nice things and actually offered constructive criticism (the height issue). Couldn't possibly hope for more than that!
Sanjeev Wrote:
> And, hey look: I'm famouser!

According to TFormers.com you're more famouser. The video review they reference is up on Youtube. You're viral, man.
Sanjeev (Admin)
"Viral" ain't the right adjective..."fucked" is vastly more accurate.

I got in an order with my fabricator for two dozen stands, right? Should be done in a few weeks, I'm guessing. Well, this morning, I took about *28* separate orders--some of which for two stands!

;)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> "Viral" ain't the right adjective..."fucked" is
> vastly more accurate.

An apropos turn-of-phrase considering how many STDs are viruses...
Sanjeev (Admin)
That actually occurred to me the moment after I hit the post button. See? I don't even have time to think of clever things to type--I'm too busy answering e-mails! ;)

I really should contact Joel at BBTS...
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I don't even have time to think of clever things to type
> --I'm too busy answering e-mails! ;)

Dood, you were so much cooler before you sold out.

Haw. I jest, I jest.

Seriously though, how would you out-source the distribution without a retail box?
I noticed that the bottom-left minicon tab on my Unicron obstructs the stand a little bit and this led me to study the rings on the other Unicrons. I noticed that my Unicron's ring is assembled a little differently than the three previous Unicrons, so I tapped out the pins and swapped two ring quarters. The result is that the new bottom-left minicon tab is no longer close enough to obstruct the stand and Unicron now rests perfectly.

The minicon tab marked 1 should be at the bottom. Swap the two quarters marked 2. That will fix the problem minicon tab marked 3.

Hopefully my pictures and highlights make sense. You'll notice that the ring quarters have slightly different details which makes each one unique and their arrangement is different on some of the Unicrons.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 09:02AM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - Unicron.JPG (440.2 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Gcrush Wrote:
> Seriously though, how would you out-source the
> distribution without a retail box?

Beats me...I can't just send them a crate of individual shipping boxes already packed/sealed?

Scopedog, I've never been so confused in my life...BUT I vow to get wicked drunk and pore over your pictures tonight and see if I can make sense of your post with the toy right in front of me.
Got my Unicron stand. Looks good. The problem is I want to use the stand BUT I prefer to show Uni in robot mode.

FYI- to all of you out there that wanted to wait, according to Sanjeev I got the last one! (I know he making more but I got the last one of the first run) So allow me to gloat a little (I have had a hard week of comedy stuff and this was the only high point of my week so:

Singing to the tune of Eddie Murphy's Delerious " I got some icecream, I got some ice cream and you don't have none, cause yo family is on the welfare."

"I got the last one, I got the last one... and you can have one, cause you are on the welware."

ok so you're not on the welfare, but it's a really cool item.

Thanks Sanjeev!
Sanjeev (Admin)
Haha...Delirious was the shit, right? Yo' mama's on welfare!

Anyway, glad you like the stand, Marvin...but I can understand you wanting to display yours in robot mode with all the weathering you did!
Unicron comes again, another release using the updated Takara version. Looks pretty good to me but it's a Amazon exclusive.

[www.tfw2005.com]
B00
WOW! The colors look great! Lets hope it's not another bait 'n switch "Painted-proto, production-ugo".

I kinda dig the seemingly-metallic paints they used...and the changes they made to the detail colors aren't too bad. The silver on the outer shell/planet wings looks like it could be good (under normal light)...though they look way too glossy. The eyes look much more noticeably green--I wonder if they actually threw in a green LED this time. The red bits everywhere look sorta wrong, but they still kinda work for the toy. I just wish we could see the chest panels closed.

Oh, and I see they got the planet mode's teeth right! Hopefully, they stay fixed on the production toy! ;) Anyway, I'm still all hesitant about the molds being worn out...BUT if it's really just $60 and they make some mold improvements, I may actually pick one of these up. Yes, I know: they can pretty much keep making new versions of this same toy ad nauseam, and I'll probably buy each one! I'm that stupid for this character!

Either way, I better order up another run of stands!! ;)
Apparently this Unicron's colors are based on the '80s prototype Unicron that was never released. Iiiinteresting. Still pretty happy with the 2010 Unicron I already have, though.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Huh. That is actually kinda cool. They muted the blue from the Unicron-that-never-was enough to keep it from being totally garish. Dig the silver, too.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hehe...like fucking clockwork: I've already taken a few orders for stands since this thing was announced! ;)
B00
BTW how much is your stand?

Eh, I've already got the original. Not sure it's worth $60 for a new face.

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer