MPC Prime Trailer suggestion

Posted by Gold 
Someone at Geocities JP posted these, Very nicely done.. I wonder where I can find one of these?

Here's the link to the whole thing. Hehe, love that " Do-it -yourself" Prime ;D
[www.geocities.co.jp]

Gold
Anonymous User
Dude, that friggin' rocks! You could basically purchase any 1/24 scale trucks & do a mod on the trailer. However.. someone should seriously consider making custom Prime decals for the trailers to give it that complete look.

Indeed Amuro-Ray, However, I think If one can scan the cardboard trailer and make printouts I think that would most likely do the trick. Dang, turns out our local malls in Manila had that very same truck but sold out months ago.. for roughly just 10-12US$ SRP... talk about lousy timing:(.. I doubt they'll restock.

Let's just hope Takara does a real trailer!(Considering the one in the photo is just 10-12$ with diecast truck cab to boot, how expensive would it be to make the trailer?)

Gold
"Considering the one in the photo is just 10-12$ with diecast truck cab to boot, how expensive would it be to make the trailer?"

Haha, we're talking about a special add on item for one of the biggest Japanese toy Icon which happens to be an Anniversary Edition....

Sure you wanna ask that question? ;0)
> Considering the one in the photo is just 10-12$ with diecast truck cab to
> boot, how expensive would it be to make the trailer?

Well, it would have to be a new mold for something that they would sell for a limited time, unlike toy trucks like that - the company that makes that probably sells the same trucks year after year for a long time.

Also, to be Prime's Trailer, it would have to open up and contain Roller and that arm thingy.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Due to the size, roller, the repair bay, the weapons, and the fact that it would probably be a limited item, I wouldn't be surprised to see the trailer cost twice as much a Prime himself. It'd be worth it, though.
Hmm, never thought of it that way. I forgot about all the gimmicks and goodies that's supposed to come with the trailer.. hehe:)

Gold
BTW, could any of you kind people that have MP Prime in your hands now, do me a favor? I would need the measures of the cab mode, especially lenght, width, height of the blue flat part that forms the legs (which goes under the trailer), and distance between wheels (axis length).

Why, you ask? I'm on vacation and my MP Prime arrived home during this period, so I won't know for myself until I return. However, there's a fair in the place where I'm on vacation and they're selling quite large toy trailers for cheap. One of them looks just like it could do the trick, so I'd want to know for sure.

Thanks for the help!

BTW, if everything goes well I intend to airbrush the trailer with Op's trademark lines... I'll be sure to post pics. Cheers!
Truck mode:

Length - 9 1/4"
Width (red cab) - 3 3/8"
Width (left chrome gas tank to right gas tank) - 4"
Height (red cab) - 4"
Height (include smokestack) - 5"

Legs in truck mode:

Length - 5 1/4"
Width - 3 3/8"
Height - 2" (at the trailer connector hole) 2 1/8"(at the tip of the toe/rear)
Distance from the trailer connector hole (3/8" diameter) center to the rear tip - 3"

Good luck finding that trailer. If they are like dirt cheap, yet look & fit real nice, maybe you can get a bunch & share with fellow collectors here :)
I know that a link to an online store selling them cheap got posted in a thread at one of the big TF message boards, but I'm spacing on it at the moment. I'll see if I can find it later today.
mpchi, thanks a LOT for all the measurements! I'll write them down tomorrow and see if the trailer will do the job (probably the day after tomorrow, as I doubt they'll open on the 1st of January).

>>Good luck finding that trailer. If they are like dirt cheap, yet look & fit
>>real nice, maybe you can get a bunch & share with fellow collectors
>>here :)

I wish I could do that, but by the time I figure out if it really works, I'll be back in Madrid with no chance to buy from this place again (which is in Barcelona). Also, I only saw one of them on display, though it's not inconceivable that they have more in stock.
As for the price, I think they were 10-12 euros, which would be about 12-14$... pretty cheap considering its size. Still, unless any of you live in Europe, the shipping costs would make that a lot more expensive.
I will ask if they have more in stock when I visit the shop, nonetheless.
I found managed to find the thread with the link to the trailer I saw. It's at about the right scale (1/32 scale seems to be the sweet spot for trailers - Prime's wheels are undersized for his scale, so 1/24 trailers end up looking like they've got huge wheels), but it doesn't look like it's actually the same one from the pictures. So, the search continues.

And on the subject of trailers, take a look here for a very cool custom job.
Best use for Zoid blox. You know, even though Prime has all of his show accurate weapons, he still looks like he needs on really large weapon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Well, I went ahead and bought the trailer. It looks a lot like a bootleg version of the 1/32 trailer Drywall posted (same cab model, I think), only the trailer itself has those indents you see in the roof, in the walls as well. Which makes me think about painting it, since it will make it hell to mask it with sellotape.

The good news is that I managed to find a version with a plastic gray trailer (I only had seen a white version) and it looks JUST like Prime's trailer (minus the decorations)! Those fancy silvery trailers might look nice and all, but they just don't cut it as Prime's trailers.

What's more, I also found those bootleg Constructicons and Protectobots sets in the same place, which I bought as well. The trailer's doors open and I could stuff all of the Constructicons and Protectobots, except the large firetruck (Hotspot?), inside... great to save space when travelling. Anyway ^_^;

If the trailer works OK I'll take pics of the box and truck when I get home so you can know what to look for... perhaps Ebay will have something like this.

BTW, the truck was 10 euro, as were each of the bootleg sets... that's about 12$ US. Not bad, huh?

[www.tfw2005.com]

Confirmation on the trailer! Oddly I really don't care.

I can't say the picture is all that exciting, and not just because the trailer is clear. It's just so... Dull. Maybe good if you want to display MP Prime in vehicle mode, but why would you want to do that?
"I can't say the picture is all that exciting, and not just because the trailer is clear. It's just so... Dull. Maybe good if you want to display MP Prime in vehicle mode, but why would you want to do that?"

Again, that's why I don't care. I don't think there's anyone that has the room to display in vehicle mode with the trailer. You buy MPC Prime to show off its robot mode.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer