Metroplex and TRU's ordering website. WEIRD????

Posted by Marvin Lee 
If you find Masterpiece Soundwave on the TRU website then look down at other related figures you will see Metroplex for $129.99 but if you click on the figure the website says that this figure isn't known. You can't even look up Metroplex on the TRU search engine. It comes up "0"

I was thinking that with the coupon it might be the best deal but even with S&H BBTS is still cheaper and there is no tax so I pre-ordered it on BBTS. Maybe someone will make a mold of the extra red gun and sell it on the cheap. Metroplex actually is making me consider the legends class to put with it.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Metroplex is $110 from BBTS, so you're saying that shipping from them is under $20? Wow...

Is there a chance Metroplex will be cheaper in actual brick & mortar TRU stores? You have to factor in tax when buying it in person...not to mention your personal time and the gas in your car! But it would just be mind-boggling to me that the toy would ultimately be cheaper when ordering off the website and having the damn thing delivered to your door!

And where are these damn coupons you keep talking about??? LOL
On BBTS Metroplex is 109.00 for the one red gun version (I ain't paying another $100 for some chrome and another gun either.) BBTS said that regular UPS shipping would be $15.75 making the total to your door 124.75.

TRU is charging $129.00 six dollars more but as you say you have to: 1. Hope to find one. 2. pay tax on it 3. Consider your gas if you are constantly making a special trip to see if TRU has it in. But forgetting about the gas part $129.00 X .09% tax (what we pay here in Atl.) makes the figure $141.00 out the door.

BUT with the coupon..

With the 15% coupon TRU offers on regular price items the price drops to $110.64.
With the 20% coupon TRU offers on regular priced items the price drops to $104.19

TRU has free shipping on items that are $75.00 or more. BUT

TRU charges tax on where you have your package delivered so even on getting the figure with the right coupon special you're looking at $113.57 (9% sales tax.)

So technically TRU COULD be the absolute cheapest IF:
1. They actually have it in stock and on line to order.
2. they are offering a 20% coupon while the item is in stock
3. Your sales tax is low enough to make a difference.

I'd rather pay the extra $11.00 and have it at my house waiting for me to open. Rather than looking for that perfect situation. That's how I lost out on Prime.

Sanjeez to get those coupons just sign up for the TRU club on line or at the store. They also send you special coupons based on how often and how much you buy. I've gotten some great deals with the coupon.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Only $16 to ship from BBTS? That seems *shockingly* low! Oh well...I ain't complaining!

Anyway, I think I'm just gonna search for one locally. I miss the experience of walking into a real store and buying a real toy with real money (well...fake money--credit card, baby!).

Thanks for the 411 on that coupon thing, though--that'll come in handy!
Sanjeev, have you actually been to a TRU lately? I'm pretty sure you can still find some transformers from the 3rd movie hanging around.

I'm hoping Target gets it in. Although something that big will probably be after Xmas clearance fodder as well.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujishig
I'm pretty sure you can still find some transformers from the 3rd movie hanging around.

I'm sure I can, too. I'm just not sure why I'd want to. :P I honestly haven't been particularly interested in the MP line even though it's marketed towards us, adult collectors. And even though there are many gems in the standard lines, I just don't wanna get into collecting those, given how space is already at a premium in my house! So basically that means I don't go to TRU often...

Hey, while we're on the subject of TRU, I just heard in the news this morning that they're expanding their price matching guarantee to include online retailers. So...does that mean we can walk into a TRU, show them BBTS's price, and walk out with a Metroplex for $110 plus tax??

I know we're kinda splitting hairs over a few bucks...especially when this toy could easily demand a LOT more given how this hobby works. But I was just curious...
Sanjeev
Only $16 to ship from BBTS? That seems *shockingly* low! Oh well...I ain't complaining!

Anyway, I think I'm just gonna search for one locally. I miss the experience of walking into a real store and buying a real toy with real money (well...fake money--credit card, baby!).

Thanks for the 411 on that coupon thing, though--that'll come in handy!

It was only $20 for them to ship fort max to me in our neck of the woods.

- Mike

Deep in the Hasbro Jungle
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, I finally got a chance to mess around, briefly, with a Metroplex at the Summit. Wasn't crazy-psyched about the wobbly hip and knee joints. There were definitely a few tumble-moments...but then again, we were trying to pose him on grass. He seems like he'd be stable on a hard, flat surface once balanced properly.

Anyway, Jeremy sent me a link to a pretty bad Japanese comic featuring Metroplex the other night. It sorta explained how his original (G1) body had been destroyed in battle, but he was rebuilt...bigger. The cool thing, in my opinion, is that the comic featured Metrotitan: same design as the new Metroplex, obviously (though they never explained how HE was rebuilt into the new design!), but featuring the nifty red and blue color scheme.

Does this suggest we'll get a Metrotitan recolor after all? If so, I'd be more inclined to pick that up!
A good way to fix slippage is to take an old mouse pad and cut it to match the bottom of the feet. That rubbery thing will keep anything from slipping.
One more option for your equations: Hasbro Toy Shop has Metroplex for $125 with free shipping.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer