[MASTERPIECE] Do you have it?

Posted by Gcrush 
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujishig
I was a bit disappointed in the lack of a prime inside, even if it's not relevant to the show because I always wanted Powered Convoy as a kid, before they released him as a Transformer. But I can understand why, and the last thing I want is a Magnus with the stability of Rodimus Prime.

I was too, at first...but it seems as though the dummy cab it comes with could be ditched in favor of any version of MP-10, no? That could suggest that we'll get a white (and maybe Diaclone-blue!) MP-10 recolor at some point for hardcore fans!
It does sound like the cab can be detached from the trailer in alt mode. I doubt that a transformed MP-10 would be able to wear it as armor in bot mode though.

More serious than thou
They have pictures of the cab detached from the trailer. There's no doubt that it does.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh, I'm sure the dummy cab detaches...but the way those leg pieces attach, it sure seems like MP-10 legs could go in there, no?
If they do Ultra Magnus in Eva-02 colors, it'd be somewhat close to Prime colors...

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Nice new pics from Amazon:

Looking really nice, though I am still bothered by the red part on the side of the trailer and the screamy mouth looks ridiculous. Spike and Daniel look great, though! But we need a Carly! Also check out how small Bumblebee is!

Something occurred to me though: what if the big Ultra Magnus head is INSIDE THE CAB?

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2014 02:07PM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...I didn't even notice Bumblebee in there at first!

Yeah, the screamy face is pretty horrid. The Leno chin is still a little off-putting in some poses. And I think I'm less bothered by the red bits on the side of the trailer than I am with the red bumper.

Ginrai
Something occurred though: what if the big Ultra Magnus head is INSIDE THE CAB?

That would kinda blow because it could prevent using an MP-10 as the core robot. Unless they release a removable helmet a la G1...
Sanjeev (Admin)
Are you talking about the "utilizes the MP-10 mold" part of the description? I wonder if that's old or something, because they're not listing two versions. Maybe they meant they used the mold for the truck mode or something?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, the whole "Perfect Edition" thing...and claiming that it's just like the G1 toy.

Jeremy thinks it's bullshit....just an old, out-dated description. Sadness.

I got excited because I spotted it in their newsletter that CDX now posts on their site. But I guess the "new" part of newsletter is open to interpretation!
I confirmed with a dude who writes for TFSource it's bullshit. Does not use the MP-10 mold, there's no little robot inside. WRONG.

-Ginrai
Yeah, that's basically the same description and title that was there when BBTS first put UM up for preorder. It's possible that TFsource even copied the text right from them.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I have to think that Takara's seeming utter lack of interest in making a true "perfect" Magnus is gonna be a HUGE green light for 3rd party companies to go to town and develop their own car carrier armor for the MP-10 mold. Likely in different color schemes...even for that stupid Evangelion Prime! :P
We already have Maketoys essentially directly copying the Generations G2 OP prime mold for their tanker truck toys, and iGear did that one Faith Leader thing. We've had 3P venture into producing both Megatrons and Optimus Primes without much backlash from Hasbro or Tomy. I guess they'd probably get away with something like this as well.

More serious than thou
Pics of Ultra Magnus' gimmicks:

So that's what the inside of the cab looks like...

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
I always found it comical how goddamn tiny the Matrices are for these toys!

Anyway, what's going on with his face? He's got a half-white-Prime face under the helmet??
Well, Masterpiece Prowl is on TRU and it's basically the same price as the Japanese one. I'm annoyed.

-Ginrai
Actually, depending on where you buy, the Japanese one was cheaper.

More serious than thou
NO WHITE OPTIMUS.

-Ginrai

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2014 07:03PM by Ginrai.
Oh yeah they fixed Magnus' inner leg color and I hope that means the trailer mode too:

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2014 03:01AM by Ginrai.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wow...inner leg looks SO much better. Funny how such a small change can improve the overall look so much. This thing's really starting to grow on me...
Don't have much money for anything right now, but I'm definitely scraping my pennies together for this guy.

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer