[MASTERPIECE] Do you have it?

Posted by Gcrush 
All the different Transformers MP threads were making me confused. When everything is thrown into one huge steaming pile it makes it so much easier to find what you're looking for. So I thought we needed a new thread for ALL THINGS MASTERPIECEY.

I'll start:

I liked MP Grimlock the most. MP (New) Prime is cool. MP Starscream is cool, too, except for his chest coming undone. I'm excited for MP Sideswipe, MP Soundwave, MP Tapes, and MP Moms. All other Transformers MPs can suck used dishrags.
Seriously, the more pictures I see of MP Lamborghini, the more I'm interested in a toy that I never really cared for before. Doesn't that thing look slick?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2012 09:15PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - TRANSFORMERS_MASTERPIECE_MP12_LAMBOR_AMAZON9_OCT2012_TAKARATOMY_6090.jpg (114 KB)
The line has really taken off in an exciting direction. Assuming that TT doesn't crap out stinkers like the Megatron or Rodimus, then we're in for some good stuff. I actually LOVED G1 Sideswipe (and most of the '84 car cast), so the news of the MP version was really exciting to me. An MP Prowl/Bluestreak/Jazz (along with a better Hot Rod, a better Megatron, and a Galvatron) and I could be happy were the line to stop.
I REALLY REALLY want an MP Bluestreak and a Jetfire or Skyfire or whatever you want to fucking call him. My favorite MP so far is Grimlock, though. What a superb toy.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 02:10AM by Ginrai.
Ginrai
I REALLY REALLY want an MP Bluestreak and a Jetfire or Skyfire or whatever you want to fucking call him. My favorite MP so far is Grimlock, though. What a superb toy.

Agreed on Grimlock. That is easily the best Transformers toy I've ever had.

To me, MP Jetfire is one of the newer 1/60 Yamato Valks with a little paint on it. But a more animation accurate version would be cool.

I'd like to eventually see MP Megatron (as a tank with G1 seasoning), Shockwave, Insecticons, Trailblazer, Hound, and Wheeljack. I could also get behind a MP Bluesteak and Sunsteak if they were both properly blued and yellowed. After that, I think my Tranny-Rainbow would be complete enough that I'd never need to buy another x-forming rowbutt again. Or at least for a very long time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 02:39AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - TANK TRON.jpg (89 KB)
Gcrush
Seriously, the more pictures I see of MP Lamborghini, the more I'm interested in a toy that I never really cared for before. Doesn't that thing look slick?

I really am looking forward to it, but in its repainted version as Red Alert.

I always preferred Red Alert to Sideswipe, and Ratchet to Ironhide. Dunno why, really, but there you have it.

It'll be interesting to see if TT does their own Ironhide/Ratchet, after iGear produced theirs in MP scale. I'd like to think that one could get "real" ones for less than the price iGear wants. If only those were in the $85 range I'd have pounced on one already. Or, hell, if they had gotten rid of some of the ludicrous number of accessories and priced it accordingly.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Sign me up for an MP Galvatron.

Or what the fuck...a guy can dream: Omega Supreme?
Galvatron would be fantastic. Do still need a Megs or Shockwave in this scale first, though.

More serious than thou
Aw, crap, man, no comparison. No comparison at all. Showiness! And this is why I sold most of my CHUGs...

Still, I wish the tires were rubber.

Also, it's out in Hong Kong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 02:51PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - 15ozcl0.jpg (49.2 KB)
gingaio
Aw, crap, man, no comparison. No comparison at all. Showiness! And this is why I sold most of my CHUGs....

WTF!? It's tiny! May have to rethink my Red Alert purchase. $85 is a lot to pay for a deluxe figure, especially one with little or no diecast.

Thanks, Ken-A
fujikuro
I always preferred Red Alert to Sideswipe, and Ratchet to Ironhide. Dunno why, really, but there you have it.

It's 'cause they have REAL JOBS. And hey, whaddabout Prowl? He and Red Alert are aesthetically superior because of their official markings. Solid colors just aren't as cool.

Also, Ratchet was a great character in the old comics.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Wait, what, for 85 bucks they can't make a Binaltech-sized Sideswipe? Pass.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Yeah, kinda hard to justify that price when it's that small. This may have to be one of those "wait until the Hasbro version comes out" scenarios. As far as I can tell, it doesn't even look as if it's got any more complex of a transformation than any other deluxe-sized figure. So, what justifies the 250% markup (over the usual Japanese releases)? And just when I was feeling like I ought to be buying one of these...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
I don't quite get why Sideswipe's size is a shocker--it's been shown next to MP 2.0 Prime before...and that's already a lot smaller than the 1.0 version. Anyway, I thought "wait for the Hasbro release" was the default move for USers anyway. Sure, some paint ops and features may be missing...but you're saving $100-150! Duh. :P
Sanjeev
I don't quite get why Sideswipe's size is a shocker--it's been shown next to MP 2.0 Prime before...and that's already a lot smaller than the 1.0 version. Anyway, I thought "wait for the Hasbro release" was the default move for USers anyway. Sure, some paint ops and features may be missing...but you're saving $100-150! Duh. :P

Probably because most of us USers don't have an MP-10 Prime yet to gauge size with because we were waiting on the MP-10 US release. :P

I bought Masterpiece Grimlock rather than wait for a US release, and haven't regretted it. I will likewise take the plunge for Masterpiece Soundwave. The other TT releases can, er, EAD.

Best, Ken-A
Classics Lambor is on the big end of the deluxe scale, so it's not as tiny as some may imagine. But yeah, there was an interview with a Takaratomy designer a while back in which he stated that the plan moving forward from the MP-10 was to have all other MPs be in scale with it. Hence, the new sizes.

I have the MP-10 (because itsnotthaticantaffordit), and given all the pics we've seen, I knew it'd be the size that it is. No shocker there. It's still notably bigger than the G1 version, just as the MP-10 is notably bigger than the G1 version, so I'm good. Assuming that it lacks metal or rubber, I'm disappointed, but to have a Showy Lambor on an MP scale is pretty dope. And compared to what we get when we pay for third-party stuff, this is fairly reasonable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 01:06AM by gingaio.
When I say I want a MP Jetfire/Skyfire I do not mean the Macross Valkyrie. I'm pretty satisfied with my Yamato 1/60 Valkyrie. I mean I want exactly what was in the cartoon! I mean this guy:

-Ginrai
Sideswipe drove into my office and said, "Gee, isn't my box very fucking small? And, man, isn't my quality control a little spotty?"

To which I replied, "It's okay. I never loved you before, so I can't hate you now. Com'ere and give me some sugar you sexy red thang!"

I think that pretty much covers it, though I guess I could add some detail.

The box is very, very small - almost a quarter of the size of Star Scream's box. And it's about damn time. Most of the MP figures have oversized boxes and this one is perfect for saving space.

The figure is very, very light because it has no diecast or rubber wheels. This does not bother me because I'm not prone to comparing it to the vintage figure. The figure is basically stable in car and rowbutt modes.

The transformation involves a little more panel-origami than I might like. This is closer to MP Rodimus than MP Grimlock, but it's not too bad. I think they could have gone simpler on the legs and gotten away with it without sacrificing any quality.

The red plastic of the exposed parts in car mode is painted a rich, glossy red. But this is where the QC gets weak. Some of the spots on mine have the dreaded "orange peel" texture. And other parts have silver or black overspray. This makes me a little sad.

Things you may not notice from the PR photos... The ankles have zero forward/backward/turn motion; they will only rotate for a flatfooted A-stance. The inner section of the lower legs has exposed hollows, but the legs are securely held in place with some panels. The torso is somewhat hollow when viewed from the side. The lovely 'zooka on the shoulder can be put on the left or right, it moves up and down, but it won't swivel. The neck is very, very short - almost non-existant, actually - and looks a little frumpy. The eyes are a brilliant shade of metallic blue.

I know some people are going to be put off by the price and lightness of the figure, but that's not an issue for me. It's barely 500 yen more expensive than the Binaltech / Alternator figures from several years ago. And while diecast would be welcome it's not essential to my enjoyment of a very showy and action-figurey Transformer. I think Masterpiece fans will like the figure even if they don't like the price.

By the way, you can safely skip the Amazon JP screwdriver hands, They're tossed in with a cheap baggie and the chrome looks out of place with the rest of the figure. Not worth the $5 more in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 08:37PM by Gcrush.
Your review seems like what I expected from it. I just wish they had deigned to keep it around 60 bones. That would seem in-line with what it seems like you actually get. I probably will wind up ponying up for Red Alert. I do like the "action-figurey" comment. That's kind of what I feel about the MP Optimus and especially Grimlock.

More serious than thou
fujikuro
Your review seems like what I expected from it. I just wish they had deigned to keep it around 60 bones. That would seem in-line with what it seems like you actually get. I probably will wind up ponying up for Red Alert. I do like the "action-figurey" comment. That's kind of what I feel about the MP Optimus and especially Grimlock.

I paid a little under $60 before shipping and considering the imperfect QC, I feel like that's a little high. But! I also feel like almost every single toy I purchase these days is at least 25% overpriced. Sideswipe is no exception and if it ever gets released in the States it would probably run between $30 to $50 depending on the retailer. And that's a much more satisfying price. Now for a digression...

Why do toys seem overpriced?

Is it just inflation? Am I, and others, being unreasonable assholes about toy prices?

The answers are yes and yes.

If you bought a $10 toy in 2011 it would be roughly equal to $13 worth of toy in 2000 going by inflation alone. Still, toys today have more advanced engineering and design behind them. And despite manufacturing techniques becoming more efficient, the increasing cost of labor and raw materials continue to outpace the gains. And consumer markets are shifting as people tend to buy different (read: intangible) goods that changes how discretionary money is spent. And companies are trying harder to capitalize on nostalgia. And previously disposable forms of pop-culture have been reinvented as luxury goods. And economic fluctuations make companies more risk averse and generally charge more to cover their costs.

And, most importantly, people become curmudgeonly irrational dickwads about how real costs change over time. Long, hard, fat, and throbbing scientific research supports this as a natural tendency. People grouse about shit getting more expensive despite the fact that: 1) the total cost of living has been fairly stable across the board for a long time; and 2) you currently get much, much mo'betta shit for the roughly the same cost as you paid "back in the day". For most things. But there are still fluctuations in smaller categories of goods that are difficult for us to process because our brain is already trying to tell us that things should cost the same in absolute numbers with such ferocity that it absolutely retarded when it comes to thinking about relative numbers. We're not designed to process economics, history, and subjective perceptions all at the same time. Sorry.

For example, at around $15 at KB Toys the reissue of G1 Sideswipe cost almost the same as the original release's 1985 Sears Wishbook price of $10. So people could get almost the exact same thing for around the same price. But consumers still think they should be getting something better. In this case, MP Sideswipe is about twice as big as the G1 and features more complex engineering and manufacturing in addition to an inflated nostalgia tax. With that in mind, I don't think the current asking price for MP Sideswipe is outrageous even though I'm not exactly comfortable with it. I mean, who doesn't want to get more without having to pay more?

But Takara's recent MP Prime? Now that shit was grossly expensive way beyond any possible level of reasonable expectations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 09:26PM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 20121026014000dc4.jpg (311 KB)
Thanks, G. I'm willing to overlook a lot in the face of true Showiness. That said, the lack of diecast/rubber is pretty disappointing. Mixed media in toys, when done well, is a good thing.

I'm not a diecast fiend, but MP Grimlock is an example of a toy that has it in just the right places to effect a more substantive, classy, and classily vintage feel.

Will write more when I get mine. Currently, it's in the BBTS pile waiting on a certain Klingon ship to touch down.
Sanjeev (Admin)
$60 before shipping sounds like a killer deal...but then again, you're still in Asia, right G? So no crazy shipping charges. You gotta keep in mind that most folks in the States are paying over $90 for their MP Sideswipes shipped. Still, I personally tend to agree with your assessment: in my opinion, that's not too bad given the nature of these things.

That said, however, I get the frustration. As for why toys seem overpriced, well, sure: there's inflation and people not wanting to pay a higher absolute value for what's perceived to be the "same" thing. But I think there's more to be said about that second part. First off, the total cost of living has been "stable"? You may know this better than I, but all I seem to hear about is how outrageous food prices in the US are getting. But whatever...I'll concede that bit of the argument. The part I take exception to is the "much mo'betta shit" bit.

We may never agree on this part--and that's totally fine--but besides being a good 50% larger, I personally don't see a ton of benefit to having a Masterpiece Sideswipe over a vintage one. The engineering that went into the Masterpiece is certainly vastly superior to the original's engineering. That's indisputable. But who the fuck cares if the finished product isn't necessarily "better"?

Masterpiece, huh? What's in a name? Sure, it may be the "best" Sideswipe toy out there right now--and, no doubt, many fans will buy this toy *simply* because of that fact--but I think most folks believe that the technology exists to put out a much better product...probably something far more deserving of the Masterpiece moniker.

We talk a lot about "showiness", but look at how that mandate has driven this adult collectible (not to be confused with toy) market over the last decade or more. People want the best of both worlds: showiness AND toyetic functionality. Afterall, why would people complain about MP Rodimus as being one of the weakest in the lineup, when it clearly looks spot-on in both modes? It's over-engineered...thus leaving the play experience somewhat weak.

So while I feel I don't have a horse in this race (as usual), I feel I can't totally fault most adult toy collectors for complaining about these things in general. No diecast. No chrome. No shooty missile launcher. No motherfucking rubber tires (SERIOUSLY????). All those could have been included given today's toy engineering tech. But they weren't. And "all" you get in return is a 50% size increase, much improved (but still not perfect) articulation...and spotty QC.

If you can live with the omissions (and potential QC issues) like gingaio, kool & the gang...but all I'm saying is that you simply can't blame someone for not accepting that trade-off.
Sanjeev
As for why toys seem overpriced, well, sure: there's inflation and people not wanting to pay a higher absolute value for what's perceived to be the "same" thing. But I think there's more to be said about that second part. First off, the total cost of living has been "stable"? You may know this better than I, but all I seem to hear about is how outrageous food prices in the US are getting. But whatever...I'll concede that bit of the argument. The part I take exception to is the "much mo'betta shit" bit.

Yeah, cost of materials, labor. and shipping have risen, but whether dramatically enough to warrant the prices--even with an otaku tax and 'economies of scale' thrown in--I can understand the differing opinions.

From a sheer numbers perspective (and raw numbers, especially in this case, do not tell the whole story), it's interesting to compare the cost of the G1 toys to that of the transfigured G1 'adult collectibles':

G1 cars and seekers: $12 to $15 = $27 to $33 (2012 dollars)
Fortress Maximus: $89.99 = $183.31 (2012 dollars)

(from the BLS's inflation calculator)

That said, the lack of diecast/rubber tires is disappointing when you consider that similar non-masterpiece Transformers lines by TT have featured such materials. Other than to maximize profit, I'm not sure why else TT would have done this. (Quick aside: Has anyone else picked up the POC Hiss Tank with the rubber treads? I still need to.)

As to the enjoyment of these pieces, Reverend, as much as I loved the G1 Sideswipe, particularly the way it looked, it still is a brick, and for me, the enjoyment of these pieces comes from having something that could mime what was promised in the original box art from way back.

But yeah, if I weren't a Transfreak, if I hadn't cut my collection down to basically Joes and Transformers, I think I'd avoid this. I get where you're coming from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2012 02:31PM by gingaio.
B00
As a kid who had a Countach Lamborghini trapper keeper, I'm in love with MP Lambor. The appearance is blocky, but they were working with some dated aesthetics. The wheels suck, but thats ok. He feels like a better Alternity rather than an MP, but TT still did a great job using all the car's nooks and crannies to hide the bot in. Not sure what more I can say that hasn't been said already.

So I got to fiddle around with Sideswipe, which arrived on my birthday, no less! It's light, but that's not a dealbreaker. I just wish there was more variety with the materials used--code, I suppose, for diecast and rubber.

As a plastic action figure, this thing is amazing. It's a perfect realization of what Sideswipe should be. The joints are nice and stiff, articulation is great, and it just looks fantastic. It captures all the angularity that so defined the G1-era toys and that's missing from most of the CHUG designs. Oh, and Showiness? Goes without saying.

For those worried about the size, it's about 6.5 inches tall. It feels exactly as big as it should be. It doesn't feel small at all in hand, IMO. It feels rightly sized.

As a transforming toy, Mr. Crush is right about the transformation being more complex than it needs to be (particularly with the legs), but some more practice with the transformation and it shouldn't be a huge issue.

QC is about as expected, though my expectations have been defined largely by the paranoia of the TFW2005 board. There are A LOT of complaints about the paint defects on this toy, and while I think it is somewhat overblown, there is indeed, from what I can tell, a consistent paint issue with this release. Luckily, the reds on my toy look to be consistent throughout, and there are no defects on important areas like the face and chest, but there is a nasty splotch of paint on one of the doors, kind of like when you paint over a scratch or a ding on a car, and the new paint scabs above the old. It's pretty ugly upon closer inspection. Though it's really only one bad defect, it's still a pain in the ass. I would consider exchanging it with BBTS were it not for the fact that I'll get something equally as bad or, more likely, a lot worse.

Is it worth the ninety bones? Well, if you're a G1 fan who's trimmed his toy collection to a few plastic tubs of modern TFs and Joes (and a couple of Thundercats), then yeah, because you're not really spending money on any other toys. It's worth it to the degree that if/when Hasbro releases the cheaper version, I'm tempted to pick it up, too.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 02:24AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - TF Sideswipe 1-001.jpg (96 KB)
open | download - TF Sideswipe 2-001.jpg (120.4 KB)
open | download - TF Sideswipe 3-001.jpg (127.1 KB)
open | download - TF Sideswipe 5-001.jpg (143.7 KB)
gingaio
Luckily, the reds on my toy look to be consistent throughout, and there are no defects on important areas like the face and chest, but there is a nasty splotch of paint on one of the doors, kind of like when you paint over a scratch or a ding on a car, and the new paint scabs above the old.

Did that ever happen to Sideswipe in the cartoon or comics?

-Paul Segal

B00
Man I love this toy.

MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) by t.birge, on Flickr

gingaio
Luckily, the reds on my toy look to be consistent throughout, and there are no defects on important areas like the face and chest, but there is a nasty splotch of paint on one of the doors, kind of like when you paint over a scratch or a ding on a car, and the new paint scabs above the old.

Did that ever happen to Sideswipe in the cartoon or comics?

In the comics he was trashed a few times before ending up dead in the Underbase saga.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
thomas
In the comics he was trashed a few times before ending up dead in the Underbase saga.

Yeah, but did one of the humans ever amateurishly touch up his paint job?

-Paul Segal

No, but his brother Sunstreaker was terrified of getting his paint scratched.

-Ginrai
I can't imagine the cruelties that will be visited upon Masterpiece Sunstreaker, then...

-Paul Segal

I should be getting my Red Alert today unfortunately I hear it has the same QC issues as Sideswipe.
chen
I should be getting my Red Alert today unfortunately I hear it has the same QC issues as Sideswipe.

I got mine today. There's a little sloppiness around the borders of some of the black details in vehicle mode, but otherwise he's fine. My Sideswipe has chipping on the silver around the shoulders, so I'm glad Red doesn't have any paint there.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Yeah I noticed that too, the QC seems to be better then Sideswipe. Now I'm getting worried that after the tapes are released there won't be anymore for awhile. We should be hearing about the MP-17 if they plan on releasing it before summer.
Ken-A
Probably because most of us USers don't have an MP-10 Prime yet to gauge size with because we were waiting on the MP-10 US release. :P

I bought Masterpiece Grimlock rather than wait for a US release, and haven't regretted it. I will likewise take the plunge for Masterpiece Soundwave. The other TT releases can, er, EAD.

So, I was totally wrong about Masterpiece Sideswipe. I was pleasantly surprised to receive one for Christmas, and am delighted by the toy. I also received the US version Masterpiece Optimus Prime, so I can finally do my own size comparisons. :P Both figures are really terrific. My only complaint about both is predictable: Their lack of diecast. Still, tremendous, retro fun.

Happy new year, Ken-A
Ken-A
Ken-A

So, I was totally wrong about Masterpiece Sideswipe. I was pleasantly surprised to receive one for Christmas, and am delighted by the toy. I also received the US version Masterpiece Optimus Prime, so I can finally do my own size comparisons. :P Both figures are really terrific. My only complaint about both is predictable: Their lack of diecast. Still, tremendous, retro fun.

Happy new year, Ken-A

Bingo. Got both Sideswipe and Red Alert this Christmas, and they are excellent. Luckily I had none of the paint issues others have talked about. Found MP Optimus a few months back when it was actually $99. Now I'm kinda regretting having sold off my Starscream back when, but I will have Soundwave on his way relatively soon. It does seem like they're getting better at these.

More serious than thou
As far as price goes I guess I'm a cheap skate but it makes you wonder about the markup. As long as I can get the same MP figure in the States where the details aren't enough to matter I'll wait the year or so. I waited and got MP Starscream at Walmart for $49,99 (I think) and I still like it better than the new one since I did the kibble mod.

I waited and got Grimlock at TRU and paid full TRU prices but the price never dropped but it was so much cheaper than the Takara version, so I didn't get the freakin' tea set and apron- f that.

I waited and got MP-Skywarp at Walmant two years ago and paid... wait for it... $18.99! and did the kibble mod for him as well. If you look at the old post I even say looking forward to getting Thundercracker in 2012!

I passed on the TRU HotRodd because I wanted the full Hotrod/ Roddimus and still waiting to get one.

I saw the TRU exclusive Thundercracker but at $74.99!!!! Ouch even though that's not bad based on Takara over seas prices. BUT I waited and had a 20% coupon and paid $54.00 and some chance. Not bad but not the blowout like I got with Skywarp.

I was always told that no matter how much a item gets marked down the store isn't loosing money on that item. They might break even but they aren't loosing money. If that is the case with the MP Skywarp I got in 2010 for $18.99 that means there is a LOT of markup in these toys.

I did pop on the move accurate Unicron which I'm glad I did because mine worked perfectly and I hear they are hard to get now...reasonably.

So you have to decide if you want to gamble and wait and possibly be left out or wait and save a lot of cash. Generally I try and wait but here I am still looking for a MP-05 that someone will sell reasonably. (I'll transform it once or twice but really I just want to mount it on a wall in full gun mode with all MP-05 upgrade kit.)
Marvin Lee

I was always told that no matter how much a item gets marked down the store isn't loosing money on that item. They might break even but they aren't loosing money. If that is the case with the MP Skywarp I got in 2010 for $18.99 that means there is a LOT of markup in these toys.

I don't think this is quite true. At some point, the store wants to blow things out even below cost, especially for bigger items, because of the shelf space issue alone (they don't want to hold onto stale inventory when they could put out stuff that sells). Now you may not be able to tell that with a lot of TRU and Walmart toy aisles seemingly in constant disarray, but I doubt they always at least break even with these (it probably cost averages out in their favor, if not I'm sure the toy buyer is on the hook for the loss)

I do get the sense that the Thundercracker might be prevelant enough to eventually go on clearance, but I highly doubt Op will (though maybe he'll go back to his non-jacked-up price eventually). TRU doesn't quite reach the bargain basement prices that Target and Walmart will sometimes go to just to get crap out the door, though.

I'm really tempted to wait for a domestic release of Red Alert, but I know if I do I won't be able to find him, much like Starscream and Rodimus, or in the TRU case Animated Arcee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2013 05:17PM by fujishig.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujishig
I'm really tempted to wait for a domestic release of Red Alert, but I know if I do I won't be able to find him, much like Starscream and Rodimus, or in the TRU case Animated Arcee.

^^Same here; however, even if you can't find one in any stores or miss the TRU web solicitation's microscopic window when the planets reach perfect alignment, paying the scalper fees on eBay is *still* better than paying Takara prices. Unless Hasbro butchers the release, obviously...
I just got MP Alert.

Only when I stood it next to MP Lambor did I notice that they have different shoulders. Alert's have static wheels moulded into them, Lambor's do not.

I thought that was kind of a weird detail to change between the two, but looking at my old copy of TF Generations, it seems that that follows the animation models. I'll have to fire up the Netflix and have a closer look.

The fake wheels on Alert's shoulders are reminiscent of the many recent incarnations of Optimus Prime that have windows on his chest despite the fact that the transformation does not really put the truck windshield there.

Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer