> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone know whether MP sideswipe will be around
> > the same scale as Binaltechs?
>
>
> By "OptimusTimelord" at TFW2005.

So maybe a lil bit smaller...

I am not too enthousiastic about how SS's legs look. I hope it's just a side-effect of the CG rendering, but it looks like they're too close to each other.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
If they made a MP Soundwave that was upscaled and held actual full sized '80s cassette tapes, I would love it. It could hold one of the Microman full-sized cassette tapes that turns into a motorcycle or a copter!

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
[www.tfw2005.com]

Soundwave is confirmed, as well as the inevitable Sideswipe repaint (Red Alert).

Thankfully, the early price guesstimate for Sideswipe by BBTS was quite a bit off. Given Soundwave's price, it may be upscaled, but who knows? Maybe a Casseticon is being figured into the price. In an interview with a TT designer, he mentioned that they were trying to make the figures (from MP-10 and on) in scale with each other, if that means anything.

Anyway, the possibility of an MP Frumble is definitely exicting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2012 09:46PM by gingaio.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I can't imagine a "Masterpiece" Soundwave without some cassettes, so I think we're in for a very cool release...
Anybody who thought that was Shockwave gets the "bonk on the head" award for 2012. Really?

I guess there are really three "essential" cassette designs, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, Rumble/Frenzy and Ravage. No dinos, no combinging what-the-hooz-its, etc.

Don't see a Sunstreaker coming out, way too limited a mold. I would guess Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen would follow shortly thereafter on the Autobuddie side.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Supersentai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't see a Sunstreaker coming out, way too
> limited a mold.

Well...technically so is Soundwave, right?
You sooooo knew what I meant, but still felt the need to drop me a few pegs eh? Can't say I didn't have that coming...ppphhbbbttt!

Soundwave is Iconic with an capitol Icon (not Iacon either), but if you go down the list of G1 autos, the most bang for the buck comes from the guy you can make three variants out of. I'd imagine they'd release it as Bluestreak, then explore both the variant color schemes as well as the cousin characters (Prowl and Smokescreen).

Has anyone ever released a re-coloured Bluestreak as he was shown with blue/silver tones (other than the Diaclone)?
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Supersentai Wrote:
> -----
> > Don't see a Sunstreaker coming out, way too
> > limited a mold.
>
> Well...technically so is Soundwave, right?

Not more than Sideswipe, since they can easily retool him into Soundblaster.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...I can dig it.
No release of the blue Fairlady Z except the original Diaclone one. I wish they'd release it! Not even the bootleggers have done it for some reason! I would love Masterpiece Bluestreak!

-Ginrai
If they do a MP Prowl... and then a MP police Countach... :Y

Ginrai Wrote:
>
> If they made a MP Soundwave that was upscaled and
> held actual full sized '80s cassette tapes, I
> would love it. It could hold one of the Microman
> full-sized cassette tapes that turns into a
> motorcycle or a copter!

Ahaha, yesss. He would have to be quite big, though.

Supersentai Wrote:
>
> I guess there are really three "essential"
> cassette designs, Laserbeak/Buzzsaw, Rumble/Frenzy
> and Ravage.

I hope they give us all five! Though Ravage is the one who lives forever in my heart. Laserbeak is almost as dear.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 01:32PM by asterphage.
Wouldn't have to be that big. He always looked sort of like a Walkman. Just make it a Walkman!
Oh, now that I think of it, there's also an Italian Trasformer release of the blue Fairlady Z from Gig, but that was about the same time as the Japanese release and is fall intents and purposes the same thing.

-Ginrai
Ginrai Wrote:
> Wouldn't have to be that big. He always looked
> sort of like a Walkman. Just make it a Walkman!

Nah, man, compare an actual portable cassette player to Soundwave. The tape compartment on an actual Walkman takes up 90% of the area of the front panel; on Soundwave, it's more like a third. He has the proportions of a boom box, even though he's scaled for microcassettes (and, of course, actual microcassette recorders were usually slimmer than Walkmans, though their tape compartment took up less space proportionally).

The original 1979 TPS-L2 Walkman is certainly a color referent for Soundwave, but the machine doesn't really look anything like his altmode.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 05:49PM by asterphage.
Here's your Soundwave, no mass conversion nonsense necessary here...

A better teaser pic of Sideswipe plus confirmation that MP-13 will most likely be Soundwave plus the unexpected surprise that MP-14 will also be revealed.

[www.seibertron.com]
I have to say I'm way more excited about this and the potential for other '84 Autobot cars than I am about any third-party stuff (even though I'm looking forward to the MonkeyTits Daffodil). If MP-14 is Prowl/Bluestreak, I will be way stoked.

As a bunch of people said on the first page, Sideswipe is one of those characters that bring me right back to the '84 line. And Thomas, if you start bitching about legs and whatnot again, I'm going to get very dismayed, is what I'm going to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 04:19PM by gingaio.
I'll bet MP-14 is Ultra Magnus with trailer.

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
I would loooove MP Ultra Magnus, but give it to me in Powered Convoy colors too!

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Ginrai Wrote:
> I would loooove MP Ultra Magnus, but give it to me
> in Powered Convoy colors too!

^^This.

But let's not jump the gun. Sideswipe is looking better and better.
gingaio Wrote:
> I have to say I'm way more excited about this and
> the potential for other '84 Autobot cars than I am
> about any third-party stuff (even though I'm
> looking forward to the MonkeyTits Daffodil). If
> MP-14 is Prowl/Bluestreak, I will be way stoked.
>
And they could make Smokescreen from Prowl/Bluestreak with only a little remolding.

> As a bunch of people said on the first page,
> Sideswipe is one of those characters that bring me
> right back to the '84 line. And Thomas, if you
> start bitching about legs and whatnot again, I'm
> going to get very dismayed, is what I'm going to
> do.

Obviously the legs are still wrong, as they do not properly incarnate the heavy diecast uni-leg of the G1 toy properly :P

Nah, that looks much better than the CG image we had first.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
thomas Wrote:
> Nah, that looks much better than the CG image we
> had first.

Well, not to be all contrarian, but as far as I can tell, it looks PRECISELY like the CAD screenshot (not CG) they released first. Seriously--go back and compare the shots side by side.

The thing was that the CAD pic showed the toy in a prone position, unlike the more dynamically-posed recent shot.

Either way, I like.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> thomas Wrote:
> -----
> > Nah, that looks much better than the CG image
> we
> > had first.
>
>
> Well, not to be all contrarian, but as far as I
> can tell, it looks PRECISELY like the CAD
> screenshot (not CG) they released first.
> Seriously--go back and compare the shots side by
> side.
>
Aaaaaaand...you're completely right. I now realize that while looking at that particular image I accidentally considered what is actually the inner side of SS' right leg as part of the front. Stupid monochrome image. :S

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
Sanjeev (Admin)
It happens.

I just hope he doesn't have detents in the hip joints that are so widely-spaced out that either he's in a crazy wide "A" stance...or he looks like his knees are bolted together. That's probably my biggest gripe about a lot of larger, better-looking modern TFs.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I just hope he doesn't have detents in the hip
> joints that are so widely-spaced out that either
> he's in a crazy wide "A" stance...or he looks like
> his knees are bolted together.

I'm going to sound crazy for this, but I sold my Amacron for precisely this reason.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not crazy at all. It drives me fuggin' bonkers. One of the main reasons why I keep him in planet mode...well, that, and 'cause I have a nifty stand for him!
[www.tfw2005.com]

Fucking eh. Pile-drivers even. (Jetpack would be nice, though.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2012 12:35AM by gingaio.
Black windows? :( It should be possible to give him a detailed interior, considering how his transformation works...

I hope it's just a painted hardcopy, because I'm kinda meh on the sharpness of the panel lines and other details.

MP-14 is Red Alert.

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2012 04:28AM by thomas.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer