What classic G1 Transformers are left to get the classic treatment? What should get a 2.0 treatment?

Posted by Marvin Lee 
I was looking at all my TF that are in the classics line and I was going "I sure they would make.... then I thought for a moment and nothing popped up in my head. Have we gotten all of them yet? I know we can get out a dictionary of all the TF in the universe but that would be cheating? If you have to look a TF up then it's obviously not a memorable character, so out of pure memory and considering the 3rd party market that has taken care of Springer, Arcee, most of the cassettes etc.

What are we waiting to come out next? The only one that pops in my mind is: Omega Supreme and Shockwave.

What needs a 2.0 treatment from the original classics release? I would really love to see Prowl, Bluestreek, and Smoke screen brought to the quality standards of the Special ops Jazz.

Megatron needs a good G1 earth mode (my cybertron WFC is a temp stand in for a good Meg. Galvatron needs a complete redo, it's a piece of crap and needs to be larger.

I'd like to see a redone Hotrod. The wave 1 was pretty good BUT he looks like he needs to be ringing the bells at Notra Dame.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, I'd like to see a proper Rodimus Prime...not some 3rd party upgrade kit for Hot Rod...just a straight up Rodimus Prime that pays proper homage to the G1 and doesn't change back into Hot Rod.

And of course, I'd love to see Omega Supreme. I realize modern combiners don't seem to sell, but how about Predaking or Piranacon?
We never got the rest of the sinobots, right? And while I think they had some legends sized characters, what about the rest of the minicars like brawn, huffer, windcharger, etc. Or the rest of the gestalt pieces, seeing as we got onslaught and silverbolt but no motormaster or blue firetruck dude.

I'm guessing that that mp3 playing version is ok for soundwave but what about blaster? They make syracuse but not blaster?
Skids, Blitzwing, and a proper, triple-changing Springer...and perhaps Broadside and Sandstorm. Motormaster would be nice.
B00
The other 4 dinobots please.

Dinobots would be great, but since I think that Classics Grimlock was perhaps the worst incarnation of this great character, I'd want to see a new one of him as well. I think there are quite a few G1 characters that haven't made their way into the Classics line(s).

My large (non-3rd party) list:

Grimlock 2.0 + other dinobots
Huffer
Pipes
Brawn
Cosmos (deluxe scale)
Beachcomber
Swerve
Gears
Windcharger
Wheelie
Skids (this is a big one for me!)
Trailbreaker
Hoist
Insecticons + "Deluxe" Insecticons
Shockwave (gun mode please - shouldn't be a problem to do a weirdo purple gun)
Soundwave (actually capable of holding the Classics Ravage)
The other cassette-bots in actual cassette mode, ala Ravage
Blaster (just a slightly altered device label blaster perhaps?)

Large-scale figures like:
Omega Surpreme
Trypticon
Metroplex
Scorponok

Any of the gestalts, thought I just can't imagine Hasbro wanting to resurrect the Terrorcons or Seacons.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I was thinking city-formers, too. They'd be kinda uncharted territory. I'd LOVE a huge classic Trypticon (though a simple Encore reissue would be much appreciated, too!).
I forgot about blitzwing but triple changes always seem to to big of a compromise one or more of three modes always looks wrong. I also forgot about Grimlock. The classic one is too slim. and I thought they changed the transformation just for the sake of change. I wouldn't be interested in any of the combiners unless they truely designed to combine. Why can't Hasbro make a combiner where each part is a deluxe scale. They would have you by the balls until you got all the figures. The last figure would probably be a special online limited order then when the price got crazy they would come out with a complete gift set. They've done it before.
Hasbro takes few chances with big toys in the TF lines anymore. It's got to be an A list character like making a large-scale Optimus instead of something more obscure. I'd easily see paying $80 at retail for a new Trypticon, but it seems like it would be better if Hasbro has their own adult collector line for Transformers, similar to how Mattel does the MOTUC classics figs. They could then satisfy some of their market, keep production numbers lower for things that would sell less in general, but still be able to make some returns on it by selling the figures at a higher price.

More serious than thou
B00
Marvin Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also forgot about Grimlock. The classic one is too slim.

He did look like an alligator-raptor thing.

As far as other TF's some new Headmasters would be cool. We got one Targetmaster with Cyclonus, but why not some more?

> seem to to big of a compromise one or more of
> three modes always looks wrong.

Classics Octane (whatever the heck he was called) was pretty lame, with that detachable shield being necessary for the truck mode and then messing up the look of the plane mode, but Classics Astrotrain was pretty much entirely perfect.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
fujishig Wrote:
>They make
> syracuse but not blaster?

Yeah, and what about Rochester and Utica? Or even gorges Ithaca?

Thank you
Jake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fujishig Wrote:
> >They make
> > syracuse but not blaster?
>
>
> Yeah, and what about Rochester and Utica? Or even
> gorges Ithaca?
>
>
> Thank you

That was "straxus" before autocorrect got ahold of it. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer