Has anyone ever tried to do a true scale comparrison of the Transformers?

Posted by Marvin Lee 
I know as far as the toy goes they are all over the place scalewise but years ago on this site someone had found a comparison of all of the main Super Robots so that we could see their true scale to each other. (One of you guys may still have the link.)

Has anyone ever tried this with the Transformers?

I know with certain figures shrinking and growing larger that it would be impossible BUT I figure if you take a figure like Optimus Prime and take the physical dimensions of the real truck he was based on you could come up with a real world scale. Then based on that figure you could match figures where the scale couldn't otherwise be obtained like Megatron who everyone figures is the same height as OP. From there you could continue based on the comparison of other TF in the TF universe ie: Starscream and the other seekers are always about a half or a whole foot shorter than Megatron and Shockwave is about the same height. Soundwave is shorter than Megatron but taller than Starscream and on and on. If you did a further distance view you could even add Metroplex, Tripticon and Fortress Maximus.I figure the only one you couldn't put into scale is Unicron.
[homepage3.nifty.com]

this guy did scale calculations for various Transformers

does that help
Well, this is what it's SUPPOSED to be...

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Well Ginrai,

That is basically what I was talking about. I wish it was a little bigger and more detailed but it what I was thinking. I'm surprised because I was pretty accurate on some of the figures. I think the height to the Dinobots were off. I always figured they were about the size of Jetfire. But if a real T-Rex was 30ft tall in the now normal crotched position that would put Grimlock at about 35 to 40 feet tall. See the basic logic I'm trying to apply here.

This seems like a TF'ers wet dream project. Doesn't Sanjeev have some type of fancy program that can figure it out.
The same scale chart thingy appears in The Complete Ark book that has all the Transformers animation models. It's quite nice: [www.amazon.com]

Also the guy who collected and cleaned up the material into book form has a blog where he posts model sheets and whatnot that didn't make it into the book: [boltax.blogspot.com]

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer