After 27 years Omega Supreme hits late puberty and has a groth spurt.

Posted by Marvin Lee 
It seems like someone fixed MY BIGGEST problem with old Omega, giving him longer legs. The only thing is I would really LOVE a complete update. Having Omega actually be the TF original spacecraft was the one BIG shinning star to the animated series....

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]
Hah, I was just about to post about this. What an odd add-on, though I am tempted to buy this. I do have their giant Predaking sword, and I can vouch for its quality (even if it's a tad too large).

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hmmm...pretty neat. I mean, I never had a problem with OS' height, but this could be groovy. I have the eHobby generic blue Guardian robot, though--hopefully they'll put out a blue set!
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the eHobby generic blue Guardian robot,
> though

Hah, you would. ;)

More serious than thou
This looks soooo bad. Makes OM look like he has stilts for thighs. If it's not adding articulation, then it adds nothing. Probably be $50, too. CD stuff is crazy expensive as minor add-ons go.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Yeah, definitively very expensive for what you get. The PRedaking sword is $20 just for a single weapon! BBTS has this for right about $40. I'll wait until I see some reviews.

More serious than thou
Well it's just not a snap on piece. It has to come with the mechanicals to make the legs work and that might tak a little bit of engineering. What I'm not sure about is if it replaces the leg pieces or add on to the leg pieces. I had an Omega back in the day and was disappointed that it...looked goofy, short and fat but it was the only Omega. I'd really love an update with the proportions that the cartoon had (We always make that same bitch complaint) BUT the classics line has show HOW far and how close these updates can come.

....Takara/Hasbro is there any figure that deserves the Masterpiece treatment more than Omega Supreme?...and make him mechanical too.
From what it looks like, these are replacement parts. That seems to be the way CD does their thing. They mention:

"- Resculpted track parts enabling transformation into 330 mm tall Giant (head to ground)

- newly-designed rocket base bridges allowing leg-foot connection "

That says replacement parts to me. So, elongated track will be involved for tank mode.

I have no idea if their other replacement parts for the gestalt toys have any use outside of in combined robot mode. I kinda doubt it though.

More serious than thou
fujikuro Wrote:
>I do have their giant Predaking sword, and I can vouch
>for its quality (even if it's a tad too large).

Really, TOO large? Isn't that the point of chogokin swords, nay, the universally agreed upon principle that swords for big robots be even BIGGER than the robot themselves?

Heh.
Sanjeev (Admin)
fujikuro Wrote:
> Hah, you would. ;)

Whazzat supposed to mean!? I like blue! :P

Nah, I think $40 is fine for what it is because they must completely replace the existing leg shells (including all the mechanics) and I guess there's reworked track bits, too.

Instead of the idiotic ground-up perspective shot, they should have just pictured a nice, normal front view to show how the damn thing looks...

;)

Where I'm not keen on it is the big gap at the top of the legs where you can see the tracks underneath. Here's the original: . I do wish we could see it with a proper face-on image. Maybe one will surface later. This may be one of the few CD add-ons I'd be willing to buy, but I need to see more first.

More serious than thou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 01:08PM by fujikuro.
I (and many others) assume that the 330mm text is strategically placed to cover just how bad the extended chicken leg gap is.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Given their apparent prowess with graphics, I can't imagine that there's too much intent in any of their text placement...

More serious than thou
With the lower legs no longer attaching to the torso, just standing up would put more stress on those cams; the ones that are already prone to breakage. I doubt this would still be able to walk. Or that it would be a good idea to try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer