MP-10???

Posted by gingaio 
So scuttlebutt is that the next Masterpiece is Prime 2.0 with a trailer. Personally, this makes me really happy, assuming the new figure will be down-scaled to match Grimlock and that it'll look less weird in truck mode and have a less goofy looking head. I always figured the MP-01 to be flawed--just too big and unstable in robot mode. Then again, if this is true, 2.0 could end up as fun to handle as Rodumbmus.

But mostly, my joy comes from the posters on TFW2005 moaning, "Why can't Takaratomy give us something we WANT?" and "What does Takaratomy think it's doing?"

Takaratomy's thinking it's going to get paid, bitches.

Oh, I have never before delighted in such nerd suffering.
B00
Honestly if the new Prime looks nice, I'll get it. TakaTomy is probly trying to steal the thunder from i-gear's faith leader KO Mp Prime.

More serious than thou
Wouldn't that mean that they'd have to do a smaller Megatron. I think what was said years ago was true. MP-01 was suppose to be a one model thus large size. I love my OP but I can see a smaller one to fit the right scale. BUT we know how trying to keep things in scale will either effect the size of the robot or the size of the vehicle. Voyager class Powerglide...while a Deluxe class Galvatron.

Also slightly off topic but how many Alternators/Biotech TF (including re-paints and un otherized vehicles.) Just brought it up since they seem to be in scale with the MP-01 we were talking about?
BBTS is offering MP-10 preorders... $200 plus for no pics or character info or anything. Rodimoose was a mixed bag, so I can't see anyone jumping to preorder a new figure without knowing what style/quality of figure it will be.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
MP-10 is indeed being reported as a new Prime 2.0 that is smaller than MP-01 and comes with a human figure of some kind. Good fucking game, TT.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
So for more money we can get a smaller Prime and I'm sure it will have more plastic. This has the same marketing strategy as the person who came up with the term "Fun Size" when they weree trying to sell you a smaller candy bar or someone at Takara has been reading the SOC play book in regards to Mazinger.
B00
It could be power-master prime.

It would be pretty sweet if the figure was an updated Diaclone driver.

Too bad it won't happen.
gingaio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad it won't happen.

Stop saying that!
It WILL happen?

More serious than thou
MP StarConvoy!

--
SilhouetteFormula.Net
[www.tfw2005.com]

well at least the truck mode looks better
Truck mode does indeed seem quite worthy.
Biggest Human Alliance Toy yet!
Boohoo, they squared off the gas tanks. Oh well. ;0)
I really dig this version. It looks great in both modes. Still, I wouldn't mind having the original MP OP.
B00
Wow! Love the fold up gun storage gimmick. The trailer is cool I guess, it could use a spring loaded rocket or two. The side mirrors and Spike really help truck mode look perfect.

Anyone else feel like the inside of the trailer looks a little plain? I mean it has molded detail but it's too monochrome. I liked on the G1 toy the computer panels (when I was little, I though it was supposed to represent the inside of the Autobots ship). Still it's cool that they're doing this toy if a bit redundant but hey, how many SOC Mazingers are there? Yeah.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
B00
Vincent Z. Wrote:
> but hey, how many SOC Mazingers are there? Yeah.

Lets not forget the armadas of RX-78's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 01:11PM by B00.
Talk about washboard abs? I dunno...it worries me that they're tieing this in with MP Rodimus. You'd think they'd want to stay as far away from that topic as possible given the consensus on the quality of that piece. Watch out Optimus, don't catch Rodimus-itus!
At $150 I might bite on this. $250 is way out of my price-range for this kind of toy. It does look a bit nicer than the original MP-01 though. OP seems more like the cartoon here. I know some have complained of monkey arms, but the original figure's arms were extremely long too...

More serious than thou
B00
I'll probly sell off MP Rodimus to raise funds for MP-10. Hasbro will be releasing a US version of MP Rodimus (no trailer) sometime way down the road. I'll get that one.

This situation all of a sudden reminds me of the debate surrounding the new Battleship Yamato SOC release. It's a new, fancy, DIFFERENT sculpt of the toy (okay, more diecast for sure), which obviously means that it's BETTER than the original BPX-01, which you must sell to get the new version.

So, Prime-heads, start selling off your MP-01's to afford this guy! Of course, people sold off their Die Cast pre-Masterpiece (what it a fan convention exclusive) 12 inch die casts to buy those in the first place.

It makes you wonder, if you reverese the order of release for either product (Yamato or Optimus), would the "latest" design be equally intriguing based upon its newness, or because it is actually better?

Where does it end? I'll tell you where...MP-12 Wheelie! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
I love it, I'm probably gonna skip the Bandai YF-29 and get this instead. The only thing is that now I want a MP Rodimus too so it's off to find a cheap one. I own four MP Primes plus the iGear Optimus and Magnus and don't plan on selling any of them to get MP-10. For me their different enough that I can justify getting this, I might have to skip some of iGear Seekers to get this but Prime has always been my favorite Transformer let alone fictional character ever.
B00
I know the feeling, I love to collect variation of the G1 Prime toy. I also have no plans on getting rid of my MP-01's. MP-10 will make a cool scale (tallest to smallest) display MP-01 > MP-10 > Faith Leader > G1 prime > Kabaya Convoy (recent) > Hybrid Style Convoy > WST convoy. That's gonna look nice.

I think that if Takara outright committed to designing a Powered Convoy (Ultra Magnus) set of armor for this guy, I'd throw down with little hesitation. Hell...if iGear did that with the Faith Leader, I'd do the same.
Anonymous User
Convoy can transform by one touch....
Sanjeev (Admin)
B00
Man, I wonder if Igear will up scale of MP-10 to make it the same size as MP-01.

>if iGear did that with the
> Faith Leader, I'd do the same.

I though Igear was making a Magnus armor trailer for the faith leader magnus re-paint.

Edit, agghh double posted...sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2011 09:29PM by B00.
I think everyone is missing a bigger point. This to me is a re-do like Batman Begins Vs. the ass raping the Batman franchise had turned into with Batman & Robin and Batman forever. Sometimes you just have to start over. Seeing this further backs up what was originally thought:

MP-01 was suppose to be a one off. A tribute to all us 30-40+ nerds. Then Takara went "Hell people are ponying up for this expensive line, but if we had known that we wouldn't have made Prime THAT big." and Hell I guess we GOTTA make Megatron the same size!" Remember how we got bitched at at making a Deluxe Galvatron?" This figure just puts things in scale perspective.

That would have put Grimlock at about 15" though...sweet.

BUT

More importantly this was a HUGE kick in the nuts for all the off brand fan makers who sucked at the tit at Takara.

Other people made a trailer--- and made money on us last time sooooo "We'll make a trailer this time too and cut them out!

Other people's trailers wasn't an empty shell like the one we put out---- this time we'll make one with all the stuff in it this time.

Other people are making Spike and Sparkplug figures. We'll throw that in this time too!

Takara to the other fandom off companies: "HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW BITCHES!!!!"

The sad part is IF those other companies HADN'T have made all the stuff then this MP-10 wouldn't have happened. Is there anyone who doubts this.

I still like my MP-01 best because I have the tall smokestacks of the Japanese version, the black gun of the American release and the very expensive trailer that has the full compliment of gear like that one guy created in Japan. I'm probably sitting on a $500.00 figure. I'll get this Prime too after the newness wears off just so that I don't have to play with the big one as much and risk damaging it. Now I don't know if I'll pop for the old MP-05 Megatron and the large MP-05+ accessory kit or wait for a MP-11 with a (Let us prey) a finally good looking non-fiddly, crack face looking Megatron.
Oh and I'd rather have a blue roller but that probably going to be a linited $50.00 more up grade...you wait and see. This one doesn't have the shocks on the arm's which I can't decide is better or worse. More mecha with the shocks, more Cartoon accurate without.
Anonymous User

I think it was foolish to think MP-01 would be the only MP Prime Takara would make, it is Optimus Prime/Convoy after all and possibly the most famous Transformers ever. Also MP-01 did come out in 2003-4 so it has been a few years since it was released. I understand that some fans feel burned for buying multiple copies and accessories but a new MP Prime was pretty much a done deal. MP-01 was made for a different era, it belongs to the same class as the old Godaikins where you could make a foot tall, mostly all diecast figure and sell it reasonbly cheap. I agree the price on this thing is outragous but how much does that have to do with just the Global economy and the strength/weakness of the YEN/Dollar. My only hope is that a place like Amiami has a decent pre-order with the usual 25% discount cuz if you include shipping I'm sure this thing will cost you close to $300.
seriously? OP transforms with one touch? ugh. that kind of sucks--I'd like to see it though. but I LIKE transforming these things myself. spring loaded crap takes the fun out of it for me. well-designed toy you have to transform yourself > spring loaded toy that you just look at and pose.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh...I thought that touch thing was a joke. Or perhaps, since I was just "wishing" for a masterpiece Powered Convoy, Dan was similarly wishing for a one-touch transforming Prime...

Dan? What the dilly, yo?
It's clearly too complex for transformation at "one touch." Perhaps it's an indication of the trailer's transformation?

More serious than thou
I think it was refering to the Prime's rifle, maybe it's spring loaded or something.
If it's anything like the most recent Daitetsujin 17's "one-touch" transformation, that thing will last about ten seconds. There's also no way it would end up in a standing position even if a spring loaded or battery driven transformation was possible, it would just flounder around until it was on its belly. "Come on Optimus...get up...geeeeet uppp!"
B00
The one touch thing is probly the gun. It's probly a mech-tech/auto-morph style gimmick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 04:02PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - one_touch.jpg (135.1 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer