MP-10???

Posted by gingaio 
AT LAST! Just got this in the mail from toysrus.com:

Toys R Us / Babies R Us Order Confirmation # XXXXX

Dear Jeremy Kaufmann,

Thank you for your online purchase. This is a confirmation and summary of your order, which is currently being processed.

For your convenience, you'll be able to track the status of all your online orders and manage your account by visiting the "My Account" section of our website or by clicking this link:

[redacted]

Here is a review of your order:

Your order number is XXXXXXXXX.

Sub-Total: $99.99
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax: $8.50

Order Total: $108.49

Item #: XXXXXXXX
Description: Transformers Masterpiece Action Figure - Optimus Prime One Color
Quantity: 1 @ $99.99
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping
Important: You can expect to receive your items between 11/09/12 and 11/14/12

Et cetera.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
And then, a few hours later, this email came in:

"Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent order with us.

We wanted to inform you that there is a delay in fulfilling the item listed below in your order. Please accept our apologies for this delay.

At this time we do not have a ship date for the item. If you choose to wait for the item to ship, you do not need to contact us, and we will continue to process and ship your order as soon as we can. Please note, your credit card will not be charged for the item until the order is shipped.

Order Number: XXXX

Item: 13931381
Description: Transformers Masterpiece Action Figure - Optimus Prime
Quantity/Price: 1 @ $99.99

If you would like us to cancel your order, please call our Customer Service department at 1-800-869-7787, and we will be happy to promptly provide you with a full refund.

30-Day Policy
If the item(s) is not shipped by 11/23/2012 the item will be automatically cancelled and your credit card will not be charged, and/or your money will be refunded.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Sincerely,

The Guest Service Team
Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com"

What the fuck?
Sanjeev (Admin)
Bad news...

Why do I get this feeling that that 30-day policy is going to go into effect...?
GinRai: I got the sae e-mail. I don't have a very good feeling about this. The thing that sucks is that i didn't bother to hunt one down locally because my order went through the day I made it over a month ago...ugh...

Sanjeev: I do believe you are right...
I don't know that the issues are related, but I read a lot of reports on a TF forum today of TRUs with other prices on MP-10. $119 & $149 depending on the area.

Thank you
Sanjeev (Admin)
The cynical bastard (read: realist) in me says these events are absolutely related. :(
Apparently my local TRU had them for about 6 hours at a price of $129.99. I are sad panda. If anyone manages to find a live lead on these at proper retail, I would be extremely grateful for the assistance. I will keep prowling here, but I am growing less confidant in a successful conclusion to my mission of owning a $99 MP Optimus Prime.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Wow, I didn't think there would be this much trouble with these. I've seen only two of them, and I bought one. I should have grabbed the second and offered it up. Sorry guys! If I see more, I will do this.

More serious than thou
Okay the plot thinkens...I just got a ship notification on this guy...weird...
They started the hampsters back up in the money machine power wheel:

[www.toysrus.com]
Odd..looks like I saved $20 by ordering early...Yea for me....
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's good news for the early birds...hope you get yours, Jeremy...

I'm sure the $20 price hike will go over well with Transfans! :P
repairtechjon
They started the hampsters back up in the money machine power wheel:

[www.toysrus.com]

They're already sold out. What the hell. Looks like I can still get one for store pickup in Leominster and pick it up on my way to Worcester on Saturday. The things I'll do for Optimus.

[prometheusrising.net]
BBTS has it up for preorder for $139.99:

MP-10

Thank you
Maybe this shit is for real?

"Dear Jeremy Kaufmann,

Thank you for shopping at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. We are happy to report that your order has been shipped.

Here is a review of your shipped order:

Item: 13931381
Description: Transformers Masterpiece Action Figure - Optimus Prime
Quantity: 1 @ $99.99
Tracking Number: XXXXXX

Subtotal: $99.99
--------------------------
Shipping: $0.00
Estimated Tax $8.50
-------------------------- -------------------------------
Order Total: $108.49
-------------------------- -------------------------------

Your purchase has been sent to the following address:

Jeremy Kaufmann
Blah

Please note: If there is an item(s) in your order that was not shipped at this time, we will notify you via email as soon as it is shipped.

For your convenience, you can track the status of all your online orders by visiting the "My Account" section of our website.

You can also review the status of your entire order, including any item(s) shipped separately, by following this link:

Thank you again and hurry back soon to see what's new at Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com!"

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Tracking numbers are usually pretty real!
I GOT MY OPTIMUS! AT LAST! Also I can't get his boobs to close. HELP!

Update: I figured it out. Screws in the chest dealies were loose. I tightened them. Also his Matrix of Leadership was in backwards. I flipped it around. now it closes perfectly. YAY!

-Ginrai

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 01:03AM by Ginrai.
I picked up my Prime from TRU last weekend. The in-store pickup process was actually incredibly easy. I ended up paying $130 total with tax and I'm pretty happy with him, but $99 would certainly have been more attractive. He's a great toy, tho, and I love the slavish attention to detail on the trailer even if I'll rarely display it. The metal feet do a nice job of balancing the figure, but the ankles on mine seem to be a little loose.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer