MP-10???

Posted by gingaio 
No problem, I'm actually using the gun that came with Ultra Magnus re-color which is all black but any gun could work. Also here's some craptacular pics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 03:35PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1169.jpg (86.7 KB)
open | download - IMG_1175.jpg (114.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_1176.jpg (72 KB)
open | download - IMG_1177.jpg (68.5 KB)
I threw in a pic of MP-10 next to GX-59 just to show what Bandai offers at the same price plus a pick of the tiny Spike figure or what I like to call every human character in every Transformers series/movie, Transformers lice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 03:35PM by chen.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1179.jpg (328.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_1187.jpg (216.5 KB)
So I finally opened mine, after having it sit in the closet for a couple of weeks. It's almost a perfect toy. The left smokestack is loose and droops into the "down" position. Aesthetically, it doesn't make a huge difference as the up and down positions aren't that far apart. Still, for some reason, this drives me nuts.

Other than that, it's the best Prime we've gotten so far. The monkey arms are perfectly in keeping with the spirit of the original toy, and the head is leagues ahead of the MP-01 (as is just about everything else).
Is spike the same size as the other human alliance figures?
B00
No, spike is about half the size.

My only complaint, and it seems like sort of a strange oversight, is there is no way to "lock" roller into the cab. The G1 he had the spring-loaded launcher. That would have been cool, but at a minium I would have liked him not to flop around all over the place inside the trailer.

Otherwise, I like it. The axe is also strangely out of proportion - it's much larger then the MP-01 axe, even though everything else is smaller...

Overall I like it and was happy it's a different transformation then MP-01; it feels like I'm getting a new toy.
How come he's missing the silver stripes across his biceps? For some reason, that silver trim is a big part of the look for me, and he looks weird without it.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Reprolabels!

Anyway, I'd love to see a 3rd party company make a replacement head that was basically just a scaled-up original G1 Prime/Battle Convoy head. Showy or not, I'm just NOT feeling that head (heh...feel...head). Bit too round and doofy.

Fuck am I saying..? I'm not getting an MP-10, so I really have no say in the matter... :P
Too round and doofy? Or not round and doofy enough? I mean, have you seen the head on G1 Prime lately? It's endless awesome, but probably not the direction you want go if trying to leave round and doofy behind you.

As for MP-10, this toy is bloody great. Better even than MP Grimlock, and probably the last robot toy I'll bother to get for a long, long time.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...good point! The original definitely qualifies as "doofy"! But if you look at the original straight-on, it's pretty squarish, while this one looks very round from the front. Either way, it's a hell of an endorsement...like I said, if they release this in Powered Convoy colors with a matching PC trailer, I'd throw down, all the while weeping nerd tears (of joy). And fuck it: I'd make my own replacement head!
B00
Taka/Tomy did show off that MP Ultra Magnus concept piece. They wanted to test fan reaction to it. If it does get released you can most likely bet on a Powered Convoy color scheme. Might be an e-hobby thing though.

follow that truck
[www.youtube.com]

Why don't you just paint more yellow on it like when you repainted that Onslaught for the Head Robots upgrade set

sheesh
[www.youtube.com]

"This is a luxury item among luxury items"

you mean like all those TFC Constructicons you keep putting in the video

I'm on to your game, mister
Sanjeev (Admin)
It annoys me that the toy doesn't have a SINGLE fucking shooty gimmick...and yet, most modern TFs do...
shapeways it
Sanjeev (Admin)
truuuuuu
There's gonna be a Hasbro release of this toy, it will come with everything, be a TRU exclusive and may be priced around a $100.

[www.seibertron.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2012 11:06AM by chen.
Sanjeev (Admin)
At $100 and no glaring deficiencies, even a jaded bastard like me might have to take the MP-10 plunge.
You should get it, it may not have the metal of MP-01 but its a vastly better toy and honestly the best Transformer I own.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Uh.

No metal?
It has a bit but nowhere near MP-01 which is like a metal brick, its mostly just used for the internal structure.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh. Eh well...back to being a jaded bastard! :D
B00
Nice, Blue roller.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
$100?

Exactly right for this toy! If only all you damned scalpers didn't exist!
I don't need another Optimus, but Hasbro is clearly baiting me.
I wonder how Hasbro kept the long smokestacks? I'm thinking because there not fixed and do move slightly and not fixed that it got past the child safety laws. Smart part on Tamara for thinking ahead if that's the case.
chen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how Hasbro kept the long smokestacks?
> I'm thinking because there not fixed and do move
> slightly and not fixed that it got past the child
> safety laws. Smart part on Tamara for thinking
> ahead if that's the case.

Weren't the ones on MP-01 connected to the shoulder on a pivot with a spring action?

I don't think Hasbro shortened them on MP-01 due to any specific safety regulation, I think they did it pre-emptively to avoid any risk of violating the regulations or inspections. This is pure speculation, though.

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
True they pivoted but didn't retract unlike MP-10's but like you I have no idea what the specific wording is in that safety act and if it's enforced, tested, or just voluntary.
chen Wrote:
> True they pivoted but didn't retract unlike
> MP-10's but like you I have no idea what the
> specific wording is in that safety act and if it's
> enforced, tested, or just voluntary.

I don't have MP-10 but I looked at some pictures online and now I understand what you mean. How far in do the smokestacks on MP-10 retract?

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
Not much really, maybe 4-5 millimeters or a 1/4" but I wonder if that's enough to get it past that law.
So, uh, it looks like the $100 MP-10 Prime that's coming to the States has a significantly different deco.

The lighter blue color looks comic-booky. And the white armpits are a turn off. But, Roller and Spike look better - though I give no shits about the trailer in the least.

I guess that sucks? But is it $150 worth of suck?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 02:20AM by Gcrush.
Attachments:
open | download - 1343074396_1.jpg (29.2 KB)
I'm fine with the lighter blue and the brighter red. To me it appears in the above pic that both have a white armpit. Otherwise, blue roller is better, and I could care less about the way that Spike gets painted. The $100 price tag is the killer as opposed to $250.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh lord...I read somewhere that it was gonna be $179.99...can we get a final ruling on what the retail price of this thing's gonna be?? :P

Anyway, I agree with Matt: I'm fine with the US colors. In fact, I think the brighter red cab is *better*...and certainly trumps the blue legs and potentially white armpits.
Heh, yeah, $180 is a no-go for me. I'd love a nice MP prime that would be (generally) in scale-ish with the Classics figures, but I've got better things to do with that much cash.

More serious than thou
I dig the orangey translucent bits on the waist of the US version. And the painted eyes are nice. But elsewise the changes are stuff I'd rather avoid.
It's only $180 at some scammy ass webstores. Hasbro's booth did NOT say that at SDCC.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Runaphen Wrote:
> I dig the orangey translucent bits on the waist of
> the US version. And the painted eyes are nice.
> But elsewise the changes are stuff I'd rather
> avoid.

Agreed. The orange dicklights are cooler. The other stuff? Not so much.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Okay, so I've just now noticed a bunch of folks mentioning the painted eyes thing. What's the deal on that? Is it just that the eyes are painted in on the US version, while they were bare translucent (light-piping?) plastic on the Takara one? Seems more than that because I saw a bunch of really negative comments about the Takara eyes...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer