PowerCore combiners on sale at Target for $9.99

Posted by Marvin Lee 
I'n not really big on this line but a few seem cool enough and I wanted something for my son to play with. For $19.99 I passes all day but for $9.99 this week at target I pop for a few.
They're trying to clear out inventory for the newer ones coming. Still, it sure seems like that's a bad sign for the line. Tons of stock everywhere you go and prices dropping like a stone. We might not even see those dinobots.

More serious than thou
I'm pretty sure that none of my local stores have had any new stock - at least nothing they've put out - since a little before Christmas. It's old deluxes, HA Skids, and unwanted Power Core Combiners as far as the eye can see.

If I could find either Steamhammer or the Dinobot set, I'd probably pick them up. None of the others have really grabbed me, though.
The first one that reminds me of a low budget Bruticus seems kinda ok but as I'vew looked at the rest many are just repaints put in different assortments. But as far as my son goes it makes for a cool hotwheel.
My local Wal-mart had the Dinobots and Steamhammer sets just before Christmas, but I haven't seen them since. Should not have passed them up.
I picked up the first iteration of Combaticons look-alikes when Target had them on sale for $10 a few months ago. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong.

I love combiners and the universal swapability gimmick is cool, but honestly, these guys just aren't doing much for me. I can't knock the play value, so I'd think the kids would eat these up.

Thank you
Jake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I love combiners and the universal swapability
> gimmick is cool, but honestly, these guys just
> aren't doing much for me. I can't knock the play
> value, so I'd think the kids would eat these up.
>
> Thank you

Apparently not though. I honestly think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the legs and arms don't turn into robots. That, and I just don't think people much like auto=transforming gimmicks. Where's the fun in something that does it for you? Which is better - playing the video game or watching the demo screens?

More serious than thou
And even at that price I still just don't care....hmmmm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer