> was looking for any reason he could to let me go
> so he could bring in cheaper people to follow
> those work flows and make the products. I guess
> the Transformers were the only things he could
> come up with. He kept saying it was "embarrassing
> to see them" when they gave tours, and a bunch of
> other BS like "It make us look amateur", what a
> load. The customers don't know or care if I have
> TF's at my desk. I hate that guy so fuck'em.

Were you at least there long enough to get unemployment? I hope so.

Man, I hate middle management fuckers that are all tight-assed about "appearances". It's important to a degree, but never to the extent to which they attempt to justify it. Ugh. Corporate culture.

Reminds me of when I was working at The Largest Shipping Company in the World. On the inside of the door to the locker room changing area was a plaque with the phrase, "MEGASHIPPER, THE APPEARANCE OF QUALITY." Not, "Megashipper - Quality!" or even, "We are quality." Just the fucking appearance thereof. Which is pretty much how they ran the company from my experience. Never actually delivery quality - just look like you are. Haw.

No one in management ever saw the irony, even while I painstakingly explained the joke to them step by step. All I would get were blank stares. It's like the part of their souls that allows them to laugh had been thoroughly routed out of them with a pair of of rusty pliers. Doods were so mechanical I swear they didn't shit. They'd just strain until exudate was formed.
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's fucking bullshit, man...that people can get fired for "unapproved" personal effects in their office/workspace...
Yeah that sounds like a wrongful termination lawsuit waiting to happen.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
B00
Yeah no shit. But I love how their hiring contract states that an employee can be terminated at any time for any reason.

I've struggled with this question for years, trying to find the 'perfect, work appropriate' robot to bring to the office. Nothing with (visible) guns or swords, loose kibble, nothing too expensive and yet fun. I've debated on getting a Revoltech New Getter 3 or Giant Robo for this purpose. Maybe a paper model would be okay...

This wouldn't be (as much of) a problem if I worked for tech company, instead of public health.
I plan on having cushy desk jobs upon graduating from business school, and fuck if there won't always be a handful of shit at my desk. There's always at least one figure on my person, and no workspace I sit at is uncontaminated.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
B00
I got some of the issues with Rodimus corrected, but now the chrome is flaking off. I can't cut a break on this Guy.

Bummer. What kind of climate do you live in? When I briefly lived in the Tracy, California (where it is dry as a fucking bone, no goddamn moisture ever, super hot most of the year) the chrome just started flaking off all kinds of stuff. In San Francisco bay area I've had no problems at all with that sort of thing.

-Ginrai
B00
I live in KY, Its been really up and down lately, 19 degrees one day 60 the next. Humidity is really up and down too.

what are the chances they'll re-do it you think? maybe another 20yrs..? Hopefully they'll keep it clever, but simple next time.
[www.seibertron.com]

MPC Roddy not coming immediately to the U.S. I imagine it's because they want to have it come with a Target Master partner (since it won't come with the trailer).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
Arcee, Megatron and Starscream look great--Bumblebee isn't too bad either. I dig the look of these guys. It's like they mixed up the Animated and Movie styles to get something in the middle.

OP..ugh.
B00
I just put it in space truck mode an wont touch it for a year or so. They should have stuck with Hot-rod or Rodimus, not both in one toy. I have little hope that the hasbro version will be better. Their MP releases are usually about the same quality as Taka-Tomy, maybe just a little lower.

Though I've enjoyed messing with it a bit, it's certainly not been 200 plus dollars worth of enjoyment. I'm having some serious buyer's regret, now realizing how many of the MOTUC figs I could have nabbed for that same price. I really am just finding that the high-end collector's stuff is just not for me anymore...

More serious than thou
Maybe this is not a common reaction, but I am happy with my Rodimus.

-Ginrai
So...MP-09 is being re-released this September (along with MP-10), mere months after the first release. This time, it'll come with improved leg parts (panels, feet) in response to the complaints about the fragility of those pieces. Yikes!

I'm waiting for the reviews this time before ordering. Good game, heartless corporate entity--you really Yamato'ed your beta testers...I mean, first-release buyers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 04:47PM by gingaio.
Thats good and bad at the same time. Good that at least Takara made an effort to fix the flaws. Bad is that its not a recall, for 'beta testers' like us that already bought a defect sample. I really want to love my MP-09, but when I can get toys that are much better built at half the price, things just don't match up.
B00
Takara is going to improve a few flaws, but the overall design of the toy will remain the same. In my opinion the design is the biggest flaw. They tried to make it do too much, and the toy suffered from the execution.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 11:08AM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - execution.jpg (259.3 KB)
stay classy sanjeev
Pic of the year.
Sanjeev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [OUTRAGEOUS!]

Dood! That shit's OUTRAGEOUS! I love it!
Sanjeev (Admin)
You started it.

VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> stay classy sanjeev

Never in a million years. ;)
[www.tfw2005.com]

usa mp rodimus

it looks terrible
Terrible? It comes with silly accessories and a Targetmaster... sure looks like Hot Rod to me.

[prometheusrising.net]
yeah but it's like

a toy that was designed to be cartoon accurate is now being done up like the G1 toy

so now all the paint apps for the detailing in the arms and pelvis are gone

and being done like the G1 Hot Rod toy means it looks nothing like the G1 Rodimus Prime toy so its inaccurate in Rodimus mode

i guess its cool that it comes with the MP Optimus Matrix so that the figure can hold a Matrix with both hands but there's nowhere to put a big Matrix

and without the trailer all the extra accessories have no place to go

plus that target master looks weirdly out of place

i guess i shouldn't complain since i already have the japanese version but still this shit be whack
B00
Not digging the silver plastic.

I wonder is the US Hasbro version will have the fixes from the Tomy second edition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 04:43PM by B00.
No complaints about USA MP Rodimus here. I'm glad I waited instead of jumping on the Japanese version. I don't care about the Winnebago mode. The Targetmaster really completes the ensemble for me and hopefully this version costs alot less than the Japanese version. Thanks Hasbro!

I actually had a nightmare after I started seeing reviews online of the Japanese version. I thought I had pre-ordered it and forgotten and then it came as a surprise in the mail and a $300.00 charge on my credit card. I hated the toy and didn't want it. Then, thankfully, I woke up.

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
Definitely glad I went with the Japanese version. The look is cartoon perfect and the trailer is badass. I do kind of wish I had the Matrix though. If I had a MP Optimus, I'd steal the Matrix from that, but I don't. I have my MP Rodimus Prime holding Big Convoy's Matrix for now.

Targetmaster is sort of cool, but the colors are definitely better on the one I already have. Sort of tempted to get it anyway for the Matrix and Targetmaster. I'm sure at this point it'd cost me more to get a MP Optimus just for the Matrix.

-Ginrai
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not a fan of the colors...but my opinion is kinda moot since I wasn't planning on getting *either* version. But if I were...it'd definitely be the Jp release.

I'm sure others will dig the US release, though...it has its advantages (namely price). So I guess it's a good thing that it exists.

As for the Matrix, hasn't *any* of these 3rd party companies come up with a decent Matrix replica scaled for these guys? That would seem like a no-brainer...
B00
there's this, but the matrix is kinda small Link

There's also this kit, but again a little on the small side. Link

More pics of the Hasbro Rodimus, I like the red "boots" but I'm starting to think the face is a little dark and I hope those are stickers on the legs so I can remove them. Doesn't look as "expensive" as the MP version but the price will probably be about half so that makes up for it. I skipped the MP version because I'm not a huge fan of Rodimus but with MP-10 being the same size as this figure I'll get the Hasbro version and be happy with it.

[www.tfw2005.com]
Botcon says Rodimoose will be $49.99. Put that in your collective pipes and execute it.

[prometheusrising.net]
Was there any mention if it will be available in Canada like Grimlock was? I guess even if it wasn't I could get one off Ebay, even with a bit of a mark up it'll still be cheaper than the MP version.
Bleh I will probably pony up the dollars to get the US version as well so I can steal the bigger Matrix and Targetmaster and give someone else the figure itself.

-Ginrai
[www.seibertron.com]

i see a red (well maroon) car and want to paint it... teal
Rodimus traveled back to the late 80's/early 90's I see.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I asked if I have "Time For L-Gaim" but I got "No Reply From The Wind".
That's hot. If Hasbro did a Hot Rod US release in these colors, I'd buy it.

[prometheusrising.net]
B00
That's damn nice. I'm sure it will cost a small fortune to get it state side.

Click here to login

footer