[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
Dunno. It seems like the sort of little gimmicky add-on they like to put in their toys.

More serious than thou
I was kind of hoping they'd connect in base mode. I vaguely remember some Brave series where stringing all the vehicles along like a train 'seemed' like a good idea.

As one reviewer said, G3 captures the spirit of the classic G1 trailer: it's kind of empty, like an empty trailer. But it completes Henkei Convoy/OP. How can you not?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 12:16PM by RedAleseides.
Frickin' sweet!

[www.fansproject.com]
Attachments:
open | download - Crossfire 02.jpg (240.8 KB)
B00
Pants filled.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
That's pretty damn sick.

Well, anyway, Ben just posted this review of Springer at CDX (in case y'all missed it):
[www.collectiondx.com]
It's a dead-on review. Defender is an amazing, AMAZING toy. Well worth the $78. A far better investment of similar dollars than many of the very good SOCs out there. Quality is as high as any major toy manufacturer out there.

I'm also going to put in a good word, though OT slightly, for the Mastermind Creations Knight Morpher figure (the Hearts of Steel OP). No diecast and a bit more pricy than Defender, it's still a larger figure, and sports a very similar level of quality and workmanship as any of the Fansproject toys. I'm really looking forward to the supposed further additions to the line that they have planned.

And lastly, a shout out for Reprolabels, whose Autobot symbols look REALLY nice on said Defender and Knight Morpher. For anyone who thinks Defender looks a tad plain, it's because it's missing (intentionally) the faction symbols. Add these to the toy and bam! it looks right in line with the Classics stuff.

More serious than thou
B00
Well damn, it took me long enough but I finally got my hands on a Warbot defender. Like everyone else has already said, this thing is total quality. Springer was one of my favorite characters from G1 season 3 and its about time he got a new figure (even if it is unofficial). The best we keep getting from Hasbro are just repaints of other toys.

> The best we keep getting from Hasbro are just repaints
> of other toys.

What are you talking about? ROTF Bludgeon was totally cool and so is Animated Arcee.
B00
I meant for Springer, Hasbro has only given us repaints of Cybertron toys.

> What are you talking about? ROTF Bludgeon was
> totally cool and so is Animated Arcee.

obsessive contrariness
Oh, BOO, fair enough! I didn't realize you meant just Springer.
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ginrai Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What are you talking about? ROTF Bludgeon was
> > totally cool and so is Animated Arcee.
>
> obsessive contrariness

But still true. Oddly enough some of the very best toys Hasbro's put out lately have come from the dead ends of lines.

More serious than thou
B00
SPRINGAAAA!!

I gotta say...I don't really intend to buy this figure...BUT the execution on the sword is fucking phenomenal. Paper-thin, totally convincing look, folds out into rotor blades perfectly...and most importantly tough as nails.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> I gotta say...I don't really intend to buy this
> figure...BUT the execution on the sword is fucking
> phenomenal. Paper-thin, totally convincing look,
> folds out into rotor blades perfectly...and most
> importantly tough as nails.

The one way in which I think the sword could have been improved would have been a small flattish peg-and-hole connection to lock the blades together in sword mode. They're just thick enough for that. Even if you had to make the hole go all the way through the sword blade, most people are going to keep the toy in robot mode, not alt mode, so I would say the increase in sword stability would outweigh the slight imperfection in looks in helicopter mode.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Oh, not a bad idea at all...but I was actually kinda digging the "twin blade" idea of the sword. I mean, a sword consisting of two really thin blades mounted parallel to each other--why not?
Yes! and an electric charge/beam current flows between the two blades...like Nu Gundam's Fin Funnel.
B00
Warbot gallery at MBT.

girl robot
wow, the magic hands transformed that almost as fast as the old 80's commercials. Nice mock up on the packaging and instructions...now my warbot can have his gf.
VF5SS Wrote:
> girl robot

The appropriate term is "fembot".
Scopedog Wrote:

>
> The appropriate term is "fembot".

no it's not

and seeker is just fan shit

you probably call combiners gestalts too
Ah, man, that's great! Going to have to get that one too...

More serious than thou
VF5SS Wrote:
> Scopedog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > The appropriate term is "fembot".
>
>
> no it's not
>
> and seeker is just fan shit
>
> you probably call combiners gestalts too

"Girl robot" is a clear anti-fembotist construct imposed by gender equity insensitive robomales who subconsciously seek to devalue and trivialize the roles and contributions of female robots. Seeker and gestalt are completely racist.
>Seeker and gestalt are completely racist.

Word!
I mean, right on!
I mean, yes!
:)

Inwards had Warbot jammed into his Transformers shelf, and it looks great. I have no interest in the figure either, but man, these guys give Hasbro, and by default, Takara a run for their money. That Arrrrcee looks awesome.
FP added an 'ideas' section to collect suggestions from fans: [www.fansproject.com]

With Hasbro/Takara, fans beg for releases. With Fansproject, they ask other fans what they'd like to see next.

I'd like to see the War Within done right! Or a revamp on transformable pretender shells. Even the other TFs featured in Hearts of Steel.

Other ideas?
a real skyfire toy
Sanjeev (Admin)
You didn't like the Classics Jetfire? I thought that was good.
Let's all pretend that the Pretenders didn't exist.
Chirico Cuvie Wrote:
> Let's all pretend that the Pretenders didn't
> exist.

I have fond memories of the playbility aspect in my younger youth. I think they could manage go more trigger happy on the articulation if they brought it back. Though, they were kind of like those plastic easter eggs.

@ VF5SS
I'm with Sanjeev (we seem to agree a lot lately), what was wrong with classics jetfire? I thought it was good intermediary between G1 cartoon Jetfire and G1 toy Jetfire.
because i like skyfire and think it's stupid that almost every new jetfire tries to be both the old toy and the cartoon model.

i want skyfire the sci-fi jet

Jetfire can be any kind of swing wing airplane

and never the two shall mix

p.s. remember when they made the Cyberjets Jetfire and that was way cooler because it was clearly a Jetfire toy without trying to ape the VF-1 toy?

come one Fansproject you wonderful otaku dream factory (bootleggers)
Hmmm...maybe a predaking would be cool...or a freakin' energon axe for WFC Optimus Prime.
Paul and I think that they should make a Blitzwing to go with the two Classics triple changers

and that his name should be "Shock-and-Awe Jet"

or I dunno, Aeroground Commando
Personally, I want a classics style Double Dealer or Kup.

More serious than thou
[www.igeartoys.com]

Fighter Team
Sanjeev (Admin)
Hmmm...while I think Rodimus Prime looks great, it doesn't quite "feel" like Rodimus Prime. I mean, he looks like a sweet, badass robot, but I think he seems a little too bulky/armored...when the original G1 look was slimmer, with simple and smooth lines. The trailer looks fucking awesome, though.

Andrew, is that an official Dirge, or a fan-made product (is that the PC term for "bootleg" now? ;) )? Looks bitchin'.
it's iGear. same people who made the smaller MP Prime
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yup...after browsing their site for a while, I figured it out. I'd totally missed the smaller MP Prime, so that kinda confused me...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer