repairtechjon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> New mystery fig? YES! Now I don't have to try to
> cobble the parts in the Superion upgrade kit onto
> the Bruticus Maximus set.
> After the recent Target release of Bruti, in the
> much better darker, G1 color scheme, an upgrade
> kit is sorely needed.

Wow, this whole forum are getting hungrier with anticipation to what fansproject & other toymaking moonshiners are cooking up for the upcoming new year and I'm getting very, very nervous and excited of what this shaky transfandom in America is about to become.

I tell ya, if Fansproject.com & TFC pulls this off with their own transformers...I'm defecting from Hasbro completely.

I mean let's face it everyone, Tomy has let us down, but Hasbro has let us down even harder.

Perhaps this alternative toy collecting gig is the answer to our struggles.

-Rz77
B00
How has Hasbro and Taka-tomy let us down? There have been a bunch of great transformers from the ROTF, Universe 2.0, and Animated lines. Over all it was a great year for transformers. Oh yeah, and MP Grimlock.

BOO , I think Rodimus777 may have been just referring to the bots that recieved the upgrade kits. Y'know,..the hands, feet, and weapons, of Superion & Bruticus Maximus? And no good trailers for the Convoys? Ugh. Pfft. Yeah, Whatever Hasbro.

But MAN! HASBRO/TOMY DID release some really cool stuff this year officially.
Hey, just MP Grimmy and the Alternity Bumblebee would have made a great year as far as I am concerned!

More serious than thou
repairtechjon Wrote:
> Y'know,..the hands, feet, and weapons, of
> Superion & Bruticus Maximus? And no good trailers
> for the Convoys? Ugh. Pfft. Yeah, Whatever
> Hasbro.

Those are my feelings too. It's sad, but after seeing all the photos of Superion with the FP upgrade, I forgot what the original looked like and googled it...

TT/Hasbro comes out with some amazing releases, but sometimes I wonder why I can't finish it off well? Great henkei convoy, but no trailer? really? I know MP Convoy was initially released w/o the trailer, but they did release it. And Ultra Magnus, Springer, Arcee? It's not they the technology to makes these isn't out there.

I wonder what we'll see from the upcoming TF series?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 02:13AM by RedAleseides.
fujikuro Wrote:
> RedAleseides Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Spring..er...I mean, Defender!
> >
> > Also a new, mystery release being planned:
> > [www.fansproject.com]
>
> With diecast???? How much is THAT going to cost?

Eighty bones, apparently:

[www.bigbadtoystore.com]

I'm a bit excited about this, I have to admit. Can't wait to see the colored proto.
B00
This thing looks bad-ass. The City commander armor is total quality so I'm on-board for Sprin.....Defender....

> I wonder what we'll see from the upcoming TF
> series?

You can see right here:
This ain't Fansproject, but I didn't want to create a new thread. Preorder's up at BBTS:

[www.seibertron.com]

An updated Frenzy/Rumble would be the shiz-nit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 02:08AM by gingaio.
Looks cool, but I can't say I'm pleased with th color scheme. I'm not much for the "Nemesis Prime" colors.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
While I think the Nemesis colors are kinda neat, I definitely prefer the original Diaclone scheme. Classic red and blue...hell yeah.

Anyway, these "Shadow Warriors" are pretty cool, but I was really impressed with the Ravage USB stick! G1 style...better articulation...the only problem is no hip missiles...
I'd be more impressed if it were more like $20 and/or the stick itself were more like 8-16 gigs...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fair enough. I honestly would just love a decked-out Ravage that wasn't so...flat...like the original toy...
wow...
[www.fansproject.com]

And a new pic of Defender from TFSource.
Attachments:
open | download - def.jpg (103.8 KB)
Sanjeev (Admin)
Fuck add ons. Just like with the new Springer toy, they should just make a straight up 100% original (heh) gestalt.
Well, techincally the Explorer arm is a toy in itself, plus add ons. It's like a hybrid of what they've been doing. Still, I'm totally with you on this one Sanjeev.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Fuck add ons. Just like with the new Springer toy,
> they should just make a straight up 100% original
> (heh) gestalt.

The work is sooo good, generally, that it seems like time for them to branch out into their own brand...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Really tho...

I mean, I'm a fucking chooch 'cause I'm still sitting on my Henkei Convoy and the DIA Commander set...both *still* unopened! If only there were more hours in the day...

But anyway, from everything I've heard about these, I'm just shocked they're still in stock in a lot of places. Well, good for Fansproject--by re-releasing these periodically, fans have access to them without have to pay absurd flipper prices, AND they get paid so they can design more good shit for us.

I, personally, can't wait for the Rodimus Prime upgrade. But, shit, imagine if they made an all-new Predaking or some shit like that? Or, hell, a Devastator that was decently articulated and had as much character as the G1 toys...
My wife got me the updated City Commander package, and I'm quite impressed. Hard to believe that a group of fans/aspiring toy designers could put together something so polished. Two questions, though-

- Has anyone applied the stickers? I can't help but think that they wouldn't look right, so I'm holding off.

- Is there someplace to store the new gun in trailer mode? Seems like the peg on the side should fit somewhere, but nothing quite lines up.
B00
I put the labels on mine, you hardly see them in trailer mode. And you don't really see them at all in armor mode.

As for the gun, I put it inside the shin-guard area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 05:59PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - Gun.jpg (378.8 KB)
It's a tremendous toy. Definitely a collector's item, though. Wouldn't let young children play with it.

More serious than thou
Another "Not Fansproject" item, but another interesting Bruticus Maximus conversion set available shown on Kidbash.

[www.kidbash-store.com]
Sweet. My CC upgade set is in the mIl, glad to see the gun can store somewhere.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Sanjeev Wrote:
> But, shit, imagine if they made an
> all-new Predaking or some shit like that?

Funny you should mention that...
[www.seibertron.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...that's fucking cool.

Honestly, though, I really should have thought a bit harder before posting...not that what I type has any bearing on what these guys make, but I actually like my G1 Predaking...a LOT. It's my favorite TF gestault.

Devastator on the other hand...THAT would be a perfect candidate for something like this. I always found the G1 toy to be a bit too small and no particularly impressive...
[www.igear.tf08.net]

this one is smaller so maybe the shitty truck mode doesn't matter as much
I still can't figure out how they're getting away with just straight bootlegging a HasTak figure in a smaller size.

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, it's up to HasTak to issue a cease-and-desist order...and my guess is that boots like these aren't fucking with their sales enough for them to care enough to do so.

I doubt they're being cool by allowing these guys to continue doing their thing in order to promote the fanbase they primarily serve...
My stand-alone CC Upgrade set didn't come with stickers... were they only for the full set release?

[prometheusrising.net]
Sanjeev (Admin)
What'd the difference between "stand-alone" and "full set"? I thought all the releases were the same (other than colorway)...
The upgrade set was just the guns and missile launchers for chumps who bought the first Ultra Magnus City Commander release. I thought they also released a 'version 2 City Commander set that includes the new parts.

[prometheusrising.net]
Prome, that's correct, stickers only come with the full set.

Like you, I have a ver 1.0 CC and got the upgrade set. The stickers seemed to add turret 'holes' to the BFG. I've already repainted the UM core figure, what's a couple other touch ups? My gripe is the lack of hole to affix the new gun to the side of the trailer. I'll repaint, but I refused to make more holes in my toys.
[www.fansproject.com]

Set B...there's some speculation on whether or not this will come with the rest of the upgrades. And then there's the pricetag...whatever it may be.
And that Bruticus thingy set is looking quite involved. Whole replacement arm and leg, plus hand,foot,head stuffs.
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wait...I'm confused...what's this humvee guy (that transforms into two robots?), and how does he relate to Bruticus?
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Wait...I'm confused...what's this humvee guy (that
> transforms into two robots?), and how does he
> relate to Bruticus?

The Humvee guy (Swindle) doesn't turn into two robots... the one on the right is the robot mode of FP's Blast-off. They're making an add-on set for the Energon/RotF Bruticus set, only instead of just making hands and feet and weapons, they just up and decided to make two [u[brand new[/u] figures to replace the duplicate limbs and make the Combaticon lineup G1 accurate (Swindle the Humvee, Blast Off the shuttle, Brawl the tank, and Vortex the helo).

And they look fucking amazing. I didn't get the Superion set as I found a configuration I was happy with out of the box, but goddamn, the Bruticus set looks like a must have, even if I like the Bruticus stock configuration even more than Superion's. Two whole new figures! Amazing. I'll have to save for this and be ready for whatever price... the limb bits were like 50 bucks. I'd expect this to be somewhere between $100-$150, but that's just speculation.

[prometheusrising.net]
Wow, that is very very cool. I ahve all the other bits and pieces in my bins in the basement. The only question is whether the rest is worth the scratch...

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Thanks for the 411, Ben. That set indeed looks bangin'. Was there any word on the Rodimus Prime trailer? I hope they're still planning on doing that...
BBTS has these up for preorder for $48.99 each. ETA May 2010

They will be sold as two seperate sets, XF-02A Explorer and XF-2B Munitioner. The upgrades will be split betweent the two sets.
Attachments:
open | download - XF-02A_1.jpg (75.5 KB)
open | download - XF-02A_2.jpg (31.7 KB)
open | download - XF-02B_1.jpg (74.2 KB)
open | download - XF-02B_2.jpg (37.5 KB)
God those look good... It's ridiculous how many toys *I* want that have been released during this shitty economy...

More serious than thou
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer