[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
Sanjeev (Admin)
I read just the first page, but that thread SURE looks like a hoot...IF it stays Jin-centric. The guy's a fucking jackass, and when I read the first reply, "WGAF", I laughed my ass off! Glorious!

I don't follow any part of the TF fan community other than what's posted here. I mean, I have NO doubt egos run rampant there just like in any MEGA-fan community. But reading about folks telling Jin to go fuck himself was damn refreshing.
I followed the link, but it didn't work.

Did I miss the DRAMA?

I'm sad.
Heli88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I followed the link, but it didn't work.
>
> Did I miss the DRAMA?
>
> I'm sad.

Yeah, the TFW staff deleted the thread. It was pretty spectacular. Basically, self-proclaimed internet tough-guy Jin, who was claiming a while back that he was compiling a list of contact and location information on third-party manufacturers to give to Hasbro to help get them shut down, started a thread kinda out of the blue addressing the masses to succinctly lay out 'his stance' on the third-party issue. He claimed it was in response to some sniping and griping he's been seeing 'all over the boards' since he became so vocal against third-party stuff, but most people posting in the thread expressed a distinct lack of caring or knowledge about who he was, why he needed his own thread to pontificate in, or why they should care.

From there, it collapsed into standard internet argument fare... Jin told people who disagreed with him that they were infringing on his civil liberties to voice an opinion (which is an incorrect). People pointed out the hypocrisy of someone who makes hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars repainting and selling toys based on IP he does not own calling out someone else for infringing on IP. Somewhere in there, things got real murky when Jin started revealing that more of his motivation against third-party manufacturers seems to be that they are Chinese, and thus giving money and jobs to China instead of Amurrica. Then he called people who disagreed with him Nazis, and the internet argument cycle was complete.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
[www.tfw2005.com]

lol staff note

haha
Sanjeev (Admin)
Wild...they nuked the whole damn thread instead of just locking it??? It's was dozens of pages long...wow. Oh well. The guy's a fucking idiot.

Staff note = funny...but whatever. No big.

iGear not-Gears = FUCKING AWESOME!!

Not sure I'm digging the rotary cannon, but whatever. I lurves it. I buys it.
The thread is still cached on google!
[www.google.com]

EIGHTEEN PAGES?

well, here's page 1:
[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

I will probably save a copy of the whole thing for future reference, before it disappears from Google's cache.

EDIT: Damn, it looks like Google cached each new page as it was created, so they have all of page 1, but after that each page is incomplete. Maybe someone on TFW saved a copy and it'll resurface later. I'd love to read the rest.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 02:26PM by asterphage.
Is this third party?

-Paul Segal

Attachments:
open | download - Handarm-Passes_front.jpg (420.5 KB)
open | download - Handarm-Passes_back.jpg (484 KB)
Doesn't look too modified from the original...so either someone who is not HasTak has the Shockwave mold, or someone made a (recent?) copy of it.

Is that currently available, and does it have the electronics?
thomas Wrote:
> Doesn't look too modified from the original...so
> either someone who is not HasTak has the Shockwave
> mold, or someone made a (recent?) copy of it.

Is this really dry humor? Like, are you matching me sarcasm-for-sarcasm? I can't tell.

> Is that currently available, and does it have the
> electronics?

It's on ebay. I don't know, the auction doesn't give any details.

-Paul Segal

thomas Wrote:
> Doesn't look too modified from the original...so
> either someone who is not HasTak has the Shockwave
> mold, or someone made a (recent?) copy of it.
>
> Is that currently available, and does it have the
> electronics?

The instructions explain how to load the battery and activate the light and sound and it shows a picture of a small hand pointing at not-Astro Magnum's dick.

--------------------------
I want YOU for MoƩ Sucks Army
When will they make a third party Radio Shack Galactic Man??

-Paul Segal

Oh, man, that iGear not-Gears is fantastic!!!

More serious than thou
Linkie

Linkie 2

Apparently available in multiple colors from a third party, so this neon one might be newer. Or it may not.
Man, how well I remember all those Saturday mornings, curled up on the couch with my blanket and a bowl of cereal, watching the latest episode of God Gun Biography. Handarm Passes was kind of a dick, though.

I'm glad I got to read a little of the Jin thread. Many moons ago, he used to hang around at another toy forum I frequented, and I was always amazed at his titanic ego and the absolutely insane prices he seemed able to get on ebay for his customs.

PS I also think that Gears looks awesome.
GUN GOD BIOGRAPHY. Gun God Biography!!!

-Paul Segal

I like how it comes with a card like those other bootlegs that people pay a lot more for
And the back of the card says "Collect Them All!" and it just has a picture of the toy you already are holding in your hand

-Paul Segal

Jin could probably pass it off as one of his customs.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand the guy. I couldn't stand his customs to begin with, and I only had an inkling of his character, but apparently my instincts weren't far off.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Yeah, I think the first time I heard of "Jin Saotome" (WAAAAY kewl name, by the way!) was when he took that $11 Mega Bloks toy, poorly repainted it in Unicron colors, and sold it on eBay for $900. Fantastic.

Anyway, who cares? Fuck 'im. Let's talk about how great this is:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 12:50PM by Sanjeev.
Attachments:
open | download - igear-cogz-1_1333981314.jpg (137.5 KB)
Sanjeev Wrote:
> Yeah, I think the first time I heard of "Jin
> Saotome" (WAAAAY kewl name, by the way!)

Hah, well, he just stole it from a Capcom robot fightan game.

(see here: [www.fightersgeneration.com] )

-Paul Segal

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 01:33PM by asterphage.
yeah and Jin generally sucks in just about every game he's a part of
Sanjeev (Admin)
Heh...yeah, I actually was gonna call him a weeaboo for picking a kewl Japanese name for himself...but then I googled it and found out about the video game character. Eh well. Still a jackass.

Anyway, GEAAAAARRRRRRRRRS!!
fuck gears

all this talk about 3rd party minibots made me grab one of these off ebay

[twitpic.com]

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPES
How about these, are these "third party"??

-Paul Segal

Attachments:
open | download - $(KGrHqV,!hUE3uG(kQ-SBOJBDLbh1w~~_3.JPG (95.8 KB)
open | download - $(KGrHqF,!iEE3OkSSp)eBOJBDI2b1g~~_3.JPG (88.7 KB)
PLANET FIGHTER SHOULDN'T BE D:

I think that green truck is new since the others are all Minicons
Nah I think it's also a heavily remolded minicon. They're all heavily remolded... like, that space shuttle didn't look quite so much like a space shuttle when it was a Minicon, and that fire truck wasn't a fire truck.

-Paul Segal

asterphage Wrote:
> GUN GOD BIOGRAPHY. Gun God Biography!!!

The show I watched, God Gun Biography, came on one of those 3rd Party UHF stations, so it may have been a knockoff.

Gears looks cool.

Jin doesn't look cool. Not even in his sweet Akuma necklace:

Look at that haircut. Look at that smirk.

-Paul Segal

And the stupid comic. Who makes himself star in a photo-comic like that?
Thirdpartyception! We have to go deeper!

For $40, that's kinda tempting.

My big hangup with the third party stuff is purely financial; I feel like an idiot paying $50-$100 for the equivalent of a $12-$15 toy. A hundred dollar trailer to make my $12 (actually, $7 from Ross) Optimus Prime toy look neater just seems like an idiot move. $40 for the same thing seems less dumb.
i like the little light that you can plug behind fake Devastator's head

cuz just making a whole head that lights up is hard so let's put a light BEHIND the head so use the light piping gimmick that any open window (hard for nerds i know) can give you
Or lamps (also too hard for the closet-dweller?). Or a fricking computer monitor.
hey is that metal

I have to wonder why iGear decided to give characters who are 90% boxes and van panels those weird out of place wasteland of abs in the middle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 03:33PM by VF5SS.
Attachments:
open | download - igearvans.jpg (84.3 KB)
Cuz they been cranking on the P90X dawwwg! Feel it!
It looks like it's supposed to be engine parts. I'll have to wait and see how they look in color, but I kind of like it. But I think they should've made the hip area bulkier - more like your standard post-Gundam anime robot proportions, where the waist slims down and the hips jut forward a bit.

-Paul Segal

Sanjeev (Admin)
The hips DO look a little weird...it's kinda anti-crotch-thrust! :P
So igear said the factory wouldn't make this Faith Leader variant for some reason. Now Jinny is claiming he shut them down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer