[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
B00
Thanks guys.

I'm using 3Ds Max. Not really the best program for this sorta thing, but it's making due.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2011 06:01PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - shiel_Final.jpg (177 KB)
open | download - shiel_Final_2.jpg (168.7 KB)

Yeah, the proportions are a bit off in bot mode, but given that it would be the only modern G1-accurate update of Galvatron out there, I'd be up for one. Pics originally posted by wolverenz at TFW2005.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 11:42AM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - galv1.jpg (23.3 KB)
open | download - galv2.jpg (27.9 KB)
open | download - galv3.jpg (82.9 KB)
open | download - galv4.jpg (77.4 KB)
B00
That cannon mode, yikes!

Got my Hercules Heavylabor in the mail today! Mega quality.
Quick note of caution. The connecting pegs on the arms are super tight when you transform Heavylabor. I'm already seeing stress marks.
B00
I should have mine soon. My Pile of loot is on its way from BBTS. Thanks for the word of caution.

Another heads up, kids. Apparently heavylabor's hip gears are a bit defective and shred easily. Mine have yet to do this, but at some point it's gonna happen. TFC has said they'll remedy the issue if you email them. Whether this means they'll send you new gears or a whole new figure has yet to be revealed.
B00
So far mine seems to be working perfectly. I did loosen the the screw on the hips some.

g2 colors were always better anyways
Sanjeev (Admin)
Holy shit...those sculpts look INCREDIBLE!
Long Haul's a little squirrely, but otherwise those are some Constructicon-ass Constructicons. Awesome.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
I'm pretty tempted by the G2. For reals. May end up with two not-devastators.
I just wish one didn't have to buy the lot as a complete set in order to get the G1 color scheme. I understand what they're doing her, but it's not convenient for me. Like the sculpts a great deal, though, except for Long Haul, which is a shame. He was my favorite of the originals.

More serious than thou
[diaclone.net]

Now that I think about it, the colors are more Diaclone than G2.
[www.tfw2005.com]

this is sure

something
What no Optimus Prime Octane?

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sources are saying both not-scrapper and not-mixmaster are hitting in December. May your wallets weep.
[www.tfw2005.com]

spray paint it red

[www.tfw2005.com]

stop it

stop it now!
B00
More third party awful TFw2005

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Sanjeev (Admin)
Just because you can doesn't mean that you should. (Actually, the bat-cassette looks pretty neat...)
[www.tfw2005.com]

shit just got real
VF5SS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.tfw2005.com]
> -unlicensed-41/new-3rd-party-g1-megatron-in-the-wo
> rks-173885/
>
> shit just got real

ITT: Rampant speculation.

[prometheusrising.net]
so a typical Transformers forum thread

also as a small tangent

[www.tfw2005.com]

are they seriously making a recap comic

you know Bob Budiansky just put in little text boxes that would reference the issue you need to read without sounding like a fanfic
I am intrigued by that Megatron.

Seems like there's never been a truly great (non-Animated) Megatron figure with modern articulation.

(And, by the way, hi; I've been lurking here forever. You know that creepy feeling you always had while posting? That was me, watching you. In fact, I may be watching you now.)
Sanjeev (Admin)
I just pulled my pants back up, Heli88. Bastard.

:P

Heli88 Wrote:
> Seems like there's never been a truly great
> (non-Animated) Megatron figure with modern
> articulation.

Pretty much true.

If they can pull that thing off and actually vac-metallize the plastic so that it really has a chromed-out G1 feel to it, I think it could be an amazing toy.
Structor shipping.
VF5SS Wrote:
> [www.tfw2005.com]

Pin head, massive torso, legs that look nothing like Megatron's legs... I guess the arms are okay.

Gun mode looks ridiculous, though. The barrel and slide/action are pretty much on-model for a P38, but they're undersized. The trigger, guard and grip aren't even in the neighborhood.

Classics Megatron may not have been the G1 design, and he may have had huge shell wings, but he looked a lot better than this.

And I gotta say, the Masterpiece still looks better than this toy in almost all areas. It has its own robot mode problems, but the gun mode was 90% perfect, so at least it went all the way in that direction.

-Paul Segal

"Oh, the anger is never far, never far." -SteveH
Sanjeev (Admin)
I dunno man...

"Pin head, massive torso, legs that look nothing like Megatron's legs..."--you could very well be describing the MP...but then you say the MP looks better later on. I just don't see it.

Granted, the MP looked 90% right in gun mode...but it was stoopidly big. Like, so big, it wasn't even fun to play with as a toy gun. So, like, what's the point?

Classics Megatron looked like a Nerf gun--which isn't necessarily a bad thing...but it was all dull grey plastic. If the MP were released in plain grey plastic, it probably would've been universally reviled (like it isn't already??? :P ). So...I think if this 3rd party one were done properly in chrome, it would be pretty cool.

I agree, though, that the gun proportions could be better and the grip design is all off. If they tidied up those aesthetics, it'd be a lot better.
Sanjeev Wrote:

> Classics Megatron looked like a Nerf gun--which
> isn't necessarily a bad thing...but it was all
> dull grey plastic. If the MP were released in
> plain grey plastic, it probably would've been
> universally reviled (like it isn't already??? :P
> ). So...I think if this 3rd party one were done
> properly in chrome, it would be pretty cool.
>

However, if you go for one of the Takara/Tomy versions, you get a nice silver/black/red color scheme, which looks much nicer. It's worth the extra bucks in this case.

More serious than thou
Got my Structor in the mail today. The shoulders are begging to shred. Caution advised.
servbot30 Wrote:
> Got my Structor in the mail today. The shoulders
> are begging to shred. Caution advised.

Can you explain this a little better? I don't understand what you mean that they are going to shred. Are they too tight? Too ratchet-ey?

[prometheusrising.net]
Too late. I already saw your Great Mazinger.

You guys are very good at making me not regret passing up Hercules.

Sanjeev Wrote:
> I just pulled my pants back up, Heli88. Bastard.
>
> :P
Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I managed to trade away my Exgraver, though I do have to say it at least was a very nice toy.

More serious than thou
The only downfall for Hercules is the flaws in the engineering. Everything else is crazy good quality. Exgraver had the tight shovel joint. Heavylabor has the faulty hip joint plastic. Structor has a mechanism in the shoulders that is way too tight and flimsy feeling. But so far TFC is issuing fixes for everything they fuck up. This is much better than what Hasbro or many other 3rd party companies would do. I'm going to stick with Herc till the end. I think it's worth it.
Sanjeev (Admin)
What are they doing to fix the things that go wrong? Do they offer re-designed joints and whatnot?
Yup. They gave remolded Shovels with Heavylabor to replace the broken one on Exgraver. And with Madblender they're giving replacement joints for Heavylabor.
That sounds too goddamn complicated. What happens to people that buy them second hand or from someone that didn't get the complete set? You're going to have all these half-broken and unidentifiable problem figures floating around.

[prometheusrising.net]
Well TF fans aren't used to regular parts replacement channels.

in fact they were big on making their own repro parts for old toys for a while

This way coerces customer loyalty
Sanjeev (Admin)
Well, it certainly seems to coerce buying through a reputable dealer, I think. Customer loyalty seems pretty much built in since you're pretty much committing to buying ALL the not-Constructicons from them from the get-go.

At least they're including the fixed parts for the previous release in the current one. Good on 'em.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer