[CUSTOM] not-Hasbro

Posted by RedAleseides 
B00
Looks like i-gear has some long term plans for the mini bots. Best I can make out

-Pipes
-Beachcomer
-Powerglide
-Cosmos
-Brawn
-Windcharger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 02:03PM by B00.
Attachments:
open | download - 1307381304_mini warriors.jpg (65.8 KB)
You make me a new Brawn figure that's cartoon-ish and well articulated and I'll do all sorts of nasty, no questions asked.

Introducing Prometheus Rising Studio.
[prometheusrising.net]
I make 3D printed mecha action figures.
Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipes <3
I'm all about the mini bots. Pipes was kick ass! I just hope they do a recolor of Brawn as Outback with the roof mounted cannon.

More serious than thou
B00
If they make a windcharger, god willing, they might make a tailgate repaint.

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 11:28PM by Scopedog.
Attachments:
open | download - 1307388427106.jpg (215.6 KB)
B00
Awww I was off by one. I thought Wheelie was windcharger. Now I'll never get a tailgate figure :(

[cgi.ebay.com]

I mean it looks EXACTLY like the illustration so it that is Beachcomber what would be the point of the IGear version? and I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't sone a re-color on this figure.
and BTW

Toys "R" US is selling on Ebay?.... there is something just dark and evil about that combination.
Marvin Lee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't the legends class Sandstorm just a re-color
> of "Beachcomber"

There is a Beachcomber version:

[www.seibertron.com]

--------------------------
I want YOU for Moé Sucks Army
[shop.igeartoys.com]

not sunstorm is up for preorder he costs less than the coneheads and appears to have a custom alternate face

[www.seibertron.com]

not impactor revealed
Gotta say that Legends Beachcomber bites. Unlike many of the Classics figs, I just don't like the reinterpretation of one of my favorite G1 toys. Firstly I tend to hate it when they add a mouth to a mouth-guard face. Secondly it looks like he's wearing a hat, and that's lame. I hate his alt mode too. I'm sure others like him, but for me he's one of the worst Legend class figs I've seen. Not that they're all that great to begin with.

More serious than thou
B00
I wasn't too crazy about Beachcomber either. His alt mode had a gun, and that's totally NOT who Beachcomber was. The others were cool though, I love me some legends class.

More serious than thou
B00
Yeah, PE-11 Scouting party was right up my ally. Legends size, poseable, tons of cool weapons.

More serious than thou
[www.tfw2005.com]

not soundwave
VF5SS Wrote:
> [www.tfw2005.com]
> -unlicensed-41/bts-sonicron-review-172400/
>
> not soundwave

Yeah, I remember when that was up for pre-order at BBTS. Not so great looking, though.

More serious than thou
Sanjeev (Admin)
Not really feeling the not-Soundwave. I think it's the head sculpt that really kills it for me. Other than that, it's okay...but only "okay". Doesn't look as nice or fun as the original toy. And if you're not gonna remake something in a way you're SURE will surpass the original, why bother??
The review even states that it has the backward knees. Seriously? In this day and age they couldn't get properly articulated knees?

More serious than thou
B00
Looks like it has some awful part fitting issues.

-Ginrai
Golden Gate Riot on dead trees at: [www.destroyallcomics.com]
Ginrai Wrote:
> Boy, this sure emphasizes how much nicer Takara's
> MP3 player Soundwave is.

ML Soundwave is okay. Just doesn't seem as fun a toy (and as good a sculpt) as the original. The head's wonky for sure, both in terms of looks and the weird spring-necked construction. Device Label Blaster, despite the lack of Showiness, is much cooler.

Preorders for the first piece of not-Devastator are up: $77.90 from Robot Kingdom and $97.99 from BBTS. Man, this is going to be one expensive combiner, when all is said and done.

Anybody order from Robot Kingdom before? I assume you have to pay international shipping.
Sanjeev (Admin)
I got my "Welcome to 2010" Unicron from Robot Kingdom...no problems at all. After shipping, it still came out cheaper than was bbts was soliciting them for...and I likely got it sooner if you're the impatient type!
Still, $450+ for a "Classics" Devastator seems like far too much. Oh well, easy pass for me.

More serious than thou
Thanks, Sanjeev. Good to know. Given my OCD with boxes, though, I might go with BBTS even if it's the more expensive/stupid choice.
Some pics of Botcon booty:

United Jazz really is a special toy.

The Reject twins. Wasn't gonna throw down, but found a dealer with a pretty good price. All the paint/finish problems that Mr. Crush mentioned about Frumble have been dealt with on this release. Perfect Effect has gotten a lot better with these two.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 11:08PM by gingaio.
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (114.3 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (127.7 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (135.8 KB)
open | download - 4.jpg (122.2 KB)
gingaio Wrote:
> The Reject twins.

I say, are those little fellows wielding my wife's hairdryer in combat?

The fools. That damn appliance never dries anything completely. Someone must warn them!
Should have included the pic with the curling irons.

Reject does come with 'arm cannons' that have a pile-driver-like gimmick to them--Frumble should have been better accessorized.
gingaio Wrote:
> Should have included the pic with the curling
> irons.

So that's where they went. I've be-- er, she's been wondering about that for some time now.

> Reject does come with 'arm cannons' that have a
> pile-driver-like gimmick to them--Frumble should
> have been better accessorized.

Can their accessories be cross-dressed, as it were?
Ah, yeah, here we go:

Spray:

Rager:

I am fucking stoked for these! 80 mm high, so they're about three inches I guess. Basically Scout-class size. I'd have to guess that the price range will be about $35-40 given the prices Fansproject would place on something similar.

More IP theft??? Bring it on!

More serious than thou
Gcrush Wrote:
> gingaio Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > Reject does come with 'arm cannons' that have a
> > pile-driver-like gimmick to them--Frumble
> should
> > have been better accessorized.
>
> Can their accessories be cross-dressed, as it
> were?

The slots on Frumble's arms are a little bigger, so it's a loose fit.
gingaio Wrote:
> The slots on Frumble's arms are a little bigger,
> so it's a loose fit.

While I ordinarily like loose sluts, this is disappointing nudes.
Interesting shot here. The FP Insecticons are a bit bigger than the other "Causality" figures:

I know some don't much care for these, but this pic makes me want them even more than before!

More serious than thou
B00
Ramjet = pure quality. Yes, all the die-cast is there too.

Cell phone camera = blehh quality

After handling Ram Jet for a while, here's the evaluation.

Good

-Plastic is VERY high quality, and not "thin" feeling.
-Die cast parts in all the right places.
-Joints are strong, but the knees do rattle a little (common among the Hasbro/takara)
-Parts lineup very well, actually a little better than hasbo.
-Upper body locks in place very tightly, better than Takara and Hasbro
-Roughly the same size as the real MP Seekers.
-Heavy, this toy has some real heft to it.
-Transformation is basically the same except for the hip kibble slides up on the leg.

Bad

-Back heavy, and the wings on his legs dont help. He's very hard to ballance, and falls if you look at him.
-Flip over wing joints don't seem to be improved, I still hold my breath when I transform them.
-No Null ray blasters, I know he has G1-toy style arm rockets, but it would be nice if he also had Null rays.
-Very White, It's hard to see the detail, needs a shiny finish.

Overall
-One hell of a nice toy, if you like the cone heads.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 12:49AM by B00.
I like the coneheads much much more than the original seekers, but I have to say I feel that the mold to begin with has never gotten me all that excited. The Classics conehead seekers are much more to my liking. However, given that these are MP figures, these do look awfully nice for a third party toy.

More serious than thou
B00
I was VERY shocked at the quality. If I didn't know they were third party, I would swear that they were taka/tomy.

Another crappy cell phone pic. Not-Ram Jet is only slightly smaller in jet mode than the real MP seekers. I mean barely smaller, like 1mm or so. In bot mode he's actually a little taller. I think his legs extended further.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2011 10:36PM by B00.
i got my not ramjet and one of the tailfins was detached in the box. it just popped back on by i noticed the little tip on the top was broken off
Peaugh has video review of all three iGear Coneheads and sample toys for Storm and Current.

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

footer